DVC and Reedy Creek

OceanBlue

Original Poster
What are the implications for DVC ownership with the uncertainty in the current hostile political and governing climate in FL against Disney and Reedy Creek? I have been weighing buying for a couple years and the move to "make Disney pay its fair share", will that effect and fall on DVC owners? Is there any analysis of how this could raise MF via increased taxation etc? This seems an important variable in current climate and for decades ahead after so many years of the prevailing status quo.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
What are the implications for DVC ownership with the uncertainty in the current hostile political and governing climate in FL against Disney and Reedy Creek? I have been weighing buying for a couple years and the move to "make Disney pay its fair share", will that effect and fall on DVC owners? Is there any analysis of how this could raise MF via increased taxation etc? This seems an important variable in current climate and for decades ahead after so many years of the prevailing status quo.
It’s an interesting thought exercise.

DVC owners are paying property taxes. I wouldn’t be concerned about Florida trying to increase Disney’s costs via creating Disney specific taxes, for a variety of reasons. But It’s certainly plausible that if Reedy Creek blows up and the burden shifts to Orange County taxpayers, that property taxes will rise. Based on numbers we’ve heard, it could conceivably work out to as much as a dollar per point per year in higher dues, although that could be offset elsewhere on the dues statement by the removal of services currently paid to Reedy Creek.

But I started by calling it a thought exercise because I think thats all it is. DeSantis could lose this fall, and even if you assume he probably won’t, observers seem fairly certain that Disney and Florida will work out a resolution after the November elections are over.

correcaminos

Reality? Nothing. Though being political in posts is a no no. End result is likely Reed Creek will remain largely as it is.

CaptainAmerica

Reality? Nothing. Though being political in posts is a no no. End result is likely Reed Creek will remain largely as it is.
Yep. Disney has always and will continue to "pay their fair share." Whether they write checks to RCID, Orange County, the State of Florida, or some new entity, they're going to be paying (ballpark) the same amount they've always paid for public infrastructure.

OceanBlue

Original Poster
Not a political conversation in favor or against, trying to do due diligence on how the governing body (state of FL) that could control Reedy Creek might have an effect on a DVC purchase via MF. Trying to only discuss economic implications of legislation on a personal real estate interest. For example, I just read an article about the Reedy Creek Fire department and claims they aren’t paid enough. Real question, not political. If firefighters, garbage pick up etc, and other associated operating fees increase via state control of reedy creek, will that increase MF.

correcaminos

Not a political conversation in favor or against, trying to do due diligence on how the governing body (state of FL) that could control Reedy Creek might have an effect on a DVC purchase via MF. Trying to only discuss economic implications of legislation on a personal real estate interest. For example, I just read an article about the Reedy Creek Fire department and claims they aren’t paid enough. Real question, not political. If firefighters, garbage pick up etc, and other associated operating fees increase via state control of reedy creek, will that increase MF.
Sorry you mentioned political climate in your first post.

Outside of that my comment remains. RCID being disbanded is not likely. There is a whole other thread discussing it all as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom