Durability of the parks?

Mickey_777

Original Poster
This thought came to me while watching a DL tour guide on YouTube. He said something to the effect of "In 200 years Disneyland will be a fun dig for Archeologists."

So how long can we expect WDW to hold up? Of coarse a major hurricane could have a huge effect. Anybody know about this sort of thing?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It will hold up as long as maintaining the parks is profitable.

With proper maintenance almost any building can last almost indefinitely. As long as Disney is still bringing in the cash the, buildings will be there and be presentable.

Panhead

I think Disney should last quite a long time, but in-case it doesn't... here's a preview of how it might look!

All credit goes to this guy (More pics in the link!) http://eledoremassis02.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=disney

life_after_disney__main_gate_by_eledoremassis02-d4fiabi.jpg

Life_After_Disney__Main_Street_by_eledoremassis02.jpg

life_after_disney__small_world_by_eledoremassis02-d2zwx0a.jpg

Life_After_Disney__Epcot_by_eledoremassis02.jpg

life_after_disney__mgm_by_eledoremassis02-d38tbzz.jpg

lifeafterdisney__fantasy_land_by_eledoremassis02-d38tc9g.jpg

Life_After_Disney__Monorail_by_eledoremassis02.jpg

Life_After_Disney__Epcot_Fire_by_eledoremassis02.jpg

lifeafterdisney__contemporary2_by_eledoremassis02-d35r0sy.jpg

Life_After_Disney__Floridian_by_eledoremassis02.jpg

Prototype82

Did you see how they "refurbished" the yakitori house restaurant in the Japan pavilion? They literally tore out the walls and rebuilt it. I think the place is built to last when it comes to routine maintenance.

SobchakSecurity

The place is pretty solidly built; steel and concrete can last centuries if maintained. It's location in Central Florida has (so far) spared it from the hurricanes that hit the coast, there is negligible seismic activity, and should sea levels rise the parks are still in a good location.

As long as people still go to Central Florida, then, yea, this place will be around quite a long time, as long as those people aren't ZOMBIES!!!

Panhead, those pictures are awesome, though unfortunately if this was 30 years ago the flaming Spaceship Earth may have begged the question "How well would WDW survive a Soviet attack?"

JIMINYCR

It will hold up as long as maintaining the parks is profitable.
Yes -And quality standards are met.
As long as WE keep bringing our families and future generations to WDW, as well as continuing to promote/influence new people to come and experience those things we love and find special about the place. Our helping to keep the magic alive, crowds continue to come, will give them reasons to keeping the parks maintained.

AgentB911

Yes -And quality standards are met.
As long as WE keep bringing our families and future generations to WDW, as well as continuing to promote/influence new people to come and experience those things we love and find special about the place. Our helping to keep the magic alive, crowds continue to come, will give them reasons to keeping the parks maintained.

Which is why Disney needs to keep offering discounts, like free dining!:D

cheezbat

Wow....loved the pics! So creepy! Almost reminded me of the Island on LOST or something!

I too believe that as long as the parks keep things up, add new stuff every few years, and continue to be the draw they've been for so long, they should be around for many many decades to come.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom