Dumbo....possibly coming to Fantasyland!

Walter Elias Disney

Original Poster
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Would you be interested in having a meet and greet with Dumbo? Rumors have been circulating that this could be a possibility in the near future. Help the cause and encourage to bring him back to Fantasyland!

Arthur Wellesley

View attachment 119382 View attachment 119378

Would you be interested in having a meet and greet with Dumbo? Rumors have been circulating that this could be a possibility in the near future. Help the cause and encourage to bring him back to Fantasyland!
The Dumbo on the left? Sure. That is a cute, adorable Dumbo...how the character should be.

The Dumbo on the right? No thanks. Just look at those eyes & that facial expression. :eek: Looks like he's about to devour that poor fellow standing next to him. Save that one for when the Tim Burton remake comes out.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That is a very interesting meet n' greet. I'm not really sure why it seems so different from other characters! But I would love it

brb1006

View attachment 119382 View attachment 119378

I will never forget the time they brought out Dumbo for the opening of New Fantasyland but briefly during the opening performance. Dumbo hasn't been at the Disney Parks since the Disney Electrical Parade before the update in 2009.

In fact there was an unused soundtrack of the Circus unit. The audio can be heard at 9:32.

Also what location was the right picture of Dumbo at? I bet it's at Disneyland Paris, but I think it might be the Magic Kingdom but for a private event.

Last edited:

brb1006

Whoa! Bringing back old characters? I like it! Now, how about Thumper and Flower too?
Especially Flower, while Thumper has been spotted at Animal Kingdom a few times in the past along with Miss Bunny. These days most of the public would mostly spot Thumper and Miss Bunny during the Easter pre parade at the Magic Kingdom.

Meanwhile Flower hasn't been seen at the parks since the 1970's and 1960's. At this point I'm going to bet he's (Still weird remembering that Flower's a boy and not a girl) only in Tokyo Disney Resort along with the chef from The Little Mermaid and Bianca and Bernard. Plus Bambi doesn't get that much representation at the Disney Parks besides being featured during the Epcot's International Flower And Garden Festival.

brb1006

The Dumbo on the left? Sure. That is a cute, adorable Dumbo...how the character should be.

The Dumbo on the right? No thanks. Just look at those eyes & that facial expression. :eek: Looks like he's about to devour that poor fellow standing next to him. Save that one for when the Tim Burton remake comes out.
I heard The Ringmaster from Dumbo used to be meetable at WDW and Disneyland back in the 70's judging by seeing very old footage of the early years of the Main Street Electrical Parade. I remember seeing him pulling one of the flat Dumbo circus floats. If he ever returned to doing meet and greets I'm picturing him being a face character. These got to be photos of him somewhere online.

Magenta Panther

I feel sorry for the guy inside that suit. Looks very cumbersome. How much does it weigh, I wonder?

Yeah, count me as a fan of the Living Character Initiative. I suppose the tech would be less reliable than the suits, though. BTW, whatever happened to the "fully-articulated" new Beast costume?

Brer Panther

I agree, the Dumbo on the left is cuter.

I want to say I'd rather see a Living Character Initiative version of the character...but I don't see it happening.
As in an Audio-Animatronic a la Lucky the Dinosaur? That'd be pretty neat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom