Dumbest Thing You've Heard a Guest Say

DavidDL

I've seen and heard Guests do/say all kinds of stupid things. But, to be brutally honest, the stupidest thing I've ever heard a Guest say came from myself. Many years back during a ride on Ghost Galaxy, I made a joke at the expense of a disabled individual who was boarding the attraction. I won't repeat it here and the friend I had with me was meant to be the only other person who heard it but I spoke too loudly and the folks riding in front of us heard it too. Rightfully, they called me out for it and the rest of the ride was ruined because of what I had done.

I regret it to this day and it is one of the cringe-iest moments in my life. At the time I was a still a spoiled kid but I was also a CM, so there really is/was no excuse. Despite how much I hate myself for saying what I did, it was a powerful learning experience so in a way, I'm sort of glad it happened because it helped set me straight and taught me to think before I speak in the future.

Rich T

Original Poster
I've seen and heard Guests do/say all kinds of stupid things. But, to be brutally honest, the stupidest thing I've ever heard a Guest say came from myself. Many years back during a ride on Ghost Galaxy, I made a joke at the expense of a disabled individual who was boarding the attraction. I won't repeat it here and the friend I had with me was meant to be the only other person who heard it but I spoke too loudly and the folks riding in front of us heard it too. Rightfully, they called me out for it and the rest of the ride was ruined because of what I had done.

I regret it to this day and it is one of the cringe-iest moments in my life. At the time I was a still a spoiled kid but I was also a CM, so there really is/was no excuse. Despite how much I hate myself for saying what I did, it was a powerful learning experience so in a way, I'm sort of glad it happened because it helped set me straight and taught me to think before I speak in the future.
Thanks for posting that. We all have things we’ve said at some point in our lives that we wish we hadn’t. As you say, the important thing is that we learn from it.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

We all have said things we wish we could take back. We all were young once. We all grow over time. Its healthy you can admit your faults and reflect on them and grow.

cmwade77

Drenched guest in the pouring rain (no lightning):
"I don't want to go on Splash Mountain because I don't want to get wet."

Seriously, I have heard this more than once, I mean you are already fully soaked from head to toe, what is the difference?

cmwade77

Yes... Too nuanced for the average DL park goer if you ask me. Makes me wonder if its true..... :cautious:

:hilarious:;):cool::p
I have personally heard people ask CMs when the 3:00 parade is. My favorite response was a dead pan look from a CM to the guest and the guest figuring it out on their own and feeling silly about it.

cmwade77

I wonder if this qualifies as an urban legend by now. It would be interesting to try and trace it back to it's origins, but that's likely impossible.

To play devil's advocate, what if the guest was down by City Hall, and they were really asking "What time does the 3 O'clock parade (that starts up by Small World) usually make it's way down to this point?"? It seems less silly in that context.
That is usually what most guests are trying to ask when they ask that, but still.

cmwade77

While not a guest, I read about a CM that had their own moment. They were working Autopia when it had FPs that were distributed at what was Innoventions. Most people coming up kept asking "Where do I get a FP" and they responded with "Up the stairs and to the left" almost automatically after a while. Well about 5 people in a row came and asked, then the next person asked where the restroom is and they responded with "Up the stairs and to the left". Well, that would not get you to the restroom, so they had to catch up to the person and give them correct directions.

cmwade77

I do wonder what she would have said. Of course the person working there was very polite and told her yes. If I had been the one handing out the tortillas I think that I would have burst out laughing 😅
Yeah, I mean they were literally being made right there and often pulled directly off the conveyor belt and handed to you. I also miss the free package of tortillas on my birthday.

cmwade77

Not really what was said, but what was done...

Shortly after I left Disney, I saw one of my CM friends’ Facebook posts about an encounter with a family who had booked dining, tickets, and a hotel for WDW, but mistakenly flew to California instead of Florida. They were initially confused as to why their information couldn’t be found, until they realized they were at the wrong resort, in the wrong state, on the wrong side of the country.

View attachment 315946
Yikes! That is a major mistake. I wonder if Disney did anything to help them. I know they wouldn't be obligated to do so, but it would be a good will gesture.

cmwade77

Handicapped ramp added on the left hand side as you walk in. Go to the Tropical Hideaway thread for pics or watch the Fresh Barfed Disney youtube video.
Honestly, it makes the Tiki Room much more wheelchair friendly and eliminates the need for a lift.

cmwade77

Oh, so that was you? Just kidding, although the one time I tried to ride Ghost Galaxy, I couldn't get into the seat properly and they had to take our vehicle to the side to unload with stairs and everyone on board got a guest recovery pass (I think actually two or three) and still got to reload and ride, so one of them thanked me for causing the issue.....so, that was a strange one.

Parteecia

Well, there is the Monorail Entrance for DLR and the GCH entrance for DCA, so I guess it is possible.
True. I should have been more specific. This was in the 70s and they insisted they came in through Bear Country.

A dumb thing foreign guests did was hold up handfuls of money and trust me to pick out the cost of a burrito.

truecoat

While waiting for the fireworks with my family at the Contemporary outside seating area on the 4th floor just a few days ago, my cousin was asking about what the new building was with the curved white railings. I told him that it was the new TRON coaster, a replica of the one in Shanghai Disney. The guy sitting in front us, acting like a know-it-all, tries correcting me by saying that it's located in Japan. After politely correcting him, he starts to have an attitude and continues to say that it's in Japan. After a couple of back and forths and losing braincells from trying to correct him, he adamantly says that it's in Japan because "he was there and rode it". I had to give him the "whatever you say" look cause I couldn't deal with the stupidity anymore. I seriously wanted to yell, China and Japan are not the same country buddy. My cousin's wife told me later that her daughter who's 11 told her it looked as if I was about to "throw it down" lol.
Confused Britney Spears GIF

You're both wrong. It's in the Orient.

cmwade77

True. I should have been more specific. This was in the 70s and they insisted they came in through Bear Country.

A dumb thing foreign guests did was hold up handfuls of money and trust me to pick out the cost of a burrito.
In all fairness to the guests (although I doubt this was the case), there were circumstances in the 80s when you would enter through Bear Country or Frontierland, such as if you were in one of the guest school bands that day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom