Dumbest Thing You've Heard a Guest Say: Florida Edition

StarWarsGirl

I would love 50 January, in 2016 it hit freezing one day. Being from Seattle, I was in tank and shorts for 50 degree weather in Florida. Hitting 30s that night, I splurged for a zip up hoodie.
I was there that year too. It was a cold trip. We had a blizzard back home and I was sending friends pictures of us in Florida going "It's cold here too!" They weren't amused. :cautious:

Then the following year, I was out in California and going directly to WDW from there (don't ask). I called my mother back home and asked her to bring me more shorts because I hadn't packed enough.

You just have to watch the weather.

CoreNovawarAMM

I was there that year too. It was a cold trip. We had a blizzard back home and I was sending friends pictures of us in Florida going "It's cold here too!" They weren't amused. :cautious:

Then the following year, I was out in California and going directly to WDW from there (don't ask). I called my mother back home and asked her to bring me more shorts because I hadn't packed enough.

I like to go out to the parks when it looks like it’s going to rain...the wait times get so much shorter when the rain starts pelting down.

Jedi Stitch

When your state borders Canada, you just figure heck with whatching the weather, is probally better than home.

StarWarsGirl

Around here, "watch the weather" means looking out the window. The local TV weather reports are fairly useless.
Well, if you're coming from elsewhere, though, especially in the winter, you should check to see how the temps have been running so you'll know how to pack. The summer, yeah, they're useless

Hobnail Boot

My friends and I still joke about this one to this day...

We were walking up to a ride (I can't remember which) and the posted wait time was 60 minutes. A couple walking behind us says "look honey! It's only a 60 minute wait! That's just a little over half an hour!"

Now we always joke about wait times being less than what they are. Still makes us laugh!

smile

It does look like a giant golf ball.
exactly. Plus when you're 5 years old, it REALLY is a giant golf-ball with a ride inside.

pardon, but this made me wonder how so many small children see sse as a golf ball (they do), clearly being too young to have ever played golf (parents?)
... then i realized that one thing that sux about adulthood for many of us is that, unlike childhood, we lose connection to the general ball scene - for example, i haven't seen a kickball or a tetherball in years :confused:

smile

We were walking up to a ride (I can't remember which) and the posted wait time was 60 minutes. A couple walking behind us says "look honey! It's only a 60 minute wait! That's just a little over half an hour!"

i feel better attributing that to pixie dust
:p

the effects of which can be hilarious...
dangerous, too, especially in the bubble, where it has a tendency to produce delusions of grandeur and invulnerability ;)

TwilightZone

pardon, but this made me wonder how so many small children see sse as a golf ball (they do), clearly being too young to have ever played golf (parents?)
... then i realized that one thing that sux about adulthood for many of us is that, unlike childhood, we lose connection to the general ball scene - for example, i haven't seen a kickball or a tetherball in years :confused:
My dad watched golf very often as a kid and took us out from time to time to play. I'm sure there's many other kids that have/had similar experiences with their dads or granddads (or the girl equivalents, you never know).

CoreNovawarAMM

My dad watched golf very often as a kid and took us out from time to time to play. I'm sure there's many other kids that have/had similar experiences with their dads or granddads (or the girl equivalents, you never know).
Some families like to play mini-golf as a recreational activity...that might be one of the other reasons for the kids calling SSE the “golf ball” ride.

Hayley In Wonderland

No one in my family played golf, but being at nursery and stuff, I came to learn what a golf ball looks like :p Yes, it is sad. I still see it as a giant golf ball today, since that's how I remember it as a kid. My first post on instagram from our visit last year was a photo of SSE with the caption "it sure is a giant sized golfball" ;)

crxbrett

When your state borders Canada, you just figure heck with whatching the weather, is probally better than home.

I remember christmas eve and christmas day '15, it was actually colder here in Los Angeles than it was in Boston or New York. The lows in LA were 15-25 degrees colder those days than in most of the northern atlantic cities. Sometimes, the weather just finds a way to surprise you. lol

I always feel bad for folks that plan a trip to southern California in winter expecting a sunny and warm vacation and arrive to nothing but cold rain with 40-50 degree highs and 30 degree or lower lows. It was just in the last decade that LA actually recieved nearly 50 inches of rain in one year. Don't ever believe, "it never rains in southern California". Of course, then some years we get a Santa Ana in the middle of winter and it can be 90+ degrees in the middle of February!

Jedi Stitch

I remember christmas eve and christmas day '15, it was actually colder here in Los Angeles than it was in Boston or New York. The lows in LA were 15-25 degrees colder those days than in most of the northern atlantic cities. Sometimes, the weather just finds a way to surprise you. lol

I always feel bad for folks that plan a trip to southern California in winter expecting a sunny and warm vacation and arrive to nothing but cold rain with 40-50 degree highs and 30 degree or lower lows. It was just in the last decade that LA actually recieved nearly 50 inches of rain in one year. Don't ever believe, "it never rains in southern California". Of course, then some years we get a Santa Ana in the middle of winter and it can be 90+ degrees in the middle of February!
We have soo much rain in Seattle, we always feel like we bring the excess on our trips. It was white Squall first day at WDW and the last trip to DL, it was a "Storm" in LA. Barely a sprinkle, and the announcer just before the parade after waiting an hour for a spot, "Due to Inclement weather the Mulan Parade will be canceled"

ColinP29

I know I've posted this before, but apparently not in THIS thread.....and putting the 'shoe on the other foot' category, we were at Animal Kingdom and walking into the gorilla glassed in viewing area. There were no gorilla's, but a young, bored and very warm CM who stood without expression at the window.

There were no gorilla's in sight, but oddly enough there sat a rabbit behind the glass.

Joking with my wife, I said, 'odd, I thought gorilla's were bigger than that!'.

The CM, with NO change of expression looked at me and said, 'sir, that's not a gorilla. That's a rabbit."

No @#$%, Sherlock!

Before I could say something 'snarky' (I was hot too), my wife said, 'So, where are the gorillas now'.

The CM turned to my wife and once again with NO expression said 'They're up in the woods now.'

My wife, ALSO joking said 'Aw, make them come back' with a smile.

The CM said 'Mam, they're wild animals. We can't make them do that'.

About that time my youngest daughter walked around the corner, hearing this exchange, and we had to grab her arm and walk her out of the area backwards as we KNEW she was going to really start messing with the CM after those responses!

To this day we laugh about it, and when we go through that area, we always say 'I wonder if that long eared gorilla is out this year'?'

I'm sure that CM went back to the break room and has posted somewhere on the internet about 'those dumb tourists who thought a rabbit was a gorilla!

Cuts both ways, I guess. ;-)

Regards! M

Imagine how many times the CM had heard those exact jokes while she was standing there? You think they are hilarious, CM thinks you are a clown cracking the same joke she has heard 40 times already

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom