Duck at Chefs de France.

Tharris711

Original Poster
What is the opinion of this dish and duck in general? I have never had duck before, but I do like to be adventurous when on vacation. What is the sauce made of? I know there are cherries involved. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Rogue21

I am a huge duck fan -- love it! If you like the dark meat of chicken or turkey, you probably will like duck. That being said, the duck I had at Chefs de France was dry and bland. Of course, that was a couple years ago and a different entree, so your mileage may vary. :cautious:

If you do get it, please report back -- I'd be willing to give it another try if it's improved.

Phonedave

What do you mean by "sickness" ? DId you mean duck, and it autocorrected to sickness?

As was said, duck is sort of liek dark meat turkey or chicken - i.e. it actualy has flavor.

The duck at Chefs is confit, which means it has been stored in duck fat, which means it is supposed to be very moist. I have had it a number of times, and so has my daughert (she loves duck). Most of the time it is good, as @Rogue21 said, it has been dry a few times, but not often. Maybe it sat in the pass for too long under heat lamps, that restaurant seems to be very busy all the time.

The sauce is a pan sauce with dark cherries. If I had to guess how they make it, I would say they cook the duck, then deglaze the pan with something, maybe duck stock, more likely chikcken stock, and then add the cherries, reduce, then mount the sauce with butter to finish. I havent had the dish in a while, so any sort of herbs escapes me.

-dave

Tharris711

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. No idea how sickness got auto corrected in, but I did post late in the night. Thanks again for the insight!

JIMINYCR

I really love duck after my father in law got me to order it in his favorite restaurant where the chef had perfected his recipe (not at Disney). Duck can vary in taste and texture depending on the chef and how its prepared. I've had Duck several times at Disney and like other meals it has been good at times and not so tasty others. If you do order it and it comes not to your liking, inform your server and they will try their best to rectify the situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom