DTD Rainforest Cafe has reopened after being closed earlier this afternoon

Yeah, I think the problem is that it's barely Applebee's quality food but the prices are substantially higher. I too enjoy Rainforest, but I go either for breakfast or a burger. The entrees are way overpriced for what they are.

So did anyone ever find out why they closed? Nosy minds want to know!

Yeah I agree it's overpriced, but what isn't in wdw? Also, as you noted, the pain of being overpriced can be lessened by getting stuff like burgers, pizza, chicken fingers, and various apps. Plus for me the atmosphere makes it worth it for me.

No, you can tell how much flash and pompenstance there is by how long the waits are. Look and see how many are REPEAT customers to see how the food is.

Which is bad. I got sick on a burger.

While I do agree that popularity is rarely equal to quality, I think Rainforest works as a pop art jungle funhouse. I think the theming makes up for the food. Where else can you eat in a jungle?

PalisadesPkteer

The same could be said about the Sci-Fi Dine-In Restaurant.

The atmosphere is really Great! But the food is way overpriced and not really all that great.

Only things there I would get are the Angus Burger and the milk shakes.

(This could be said about Planet Hollywood also I would suppose since I have never eaten there)

AEfx

The atmosphere is really Great! But the food is way overpriced and not really all that great.

(This could be said about Planet Hollywood also I would suppose since I have never eaten there)

Yup, same here for both.

I love SciFi, but it's always a burger for me. It's not always on the dinner menu, but they will make one for you.

As I said above, I do go to RFC - I like the theming. The service isn't great, the food is overpriced (more so than I think Disney food is in general, because since I live in the North East I pay the same for a burger/fries at home as I do at WDW, food is more expensive up here than in other parts of the country). But I have a hard time recommending others go there because for the $ you can get a lot better food at WDW.

This applies to eating in a lot of WDW if you ask me. I feel this way about Liberty Tree, CRT, Crystal Palace, etc.

Testtrack321

I don't even consider the atmosphere "Great!" It's noisy, semi-grungy, and offers a poor dining experience. I don't see it being worth $13.50 for a crappy burger.

Of course people's opinions differ. I'd rather spend $50 a person on a fine dining meal than $15 on a crappy one at Rainforest.

This applies to eating in a lot of WDW if you ask me. I feel this way about Liberty Tree, CRT, Crystal Palace, etc.

Yes and no. I agree with CRT, you're really paying for going into the castle and taking a picture with Cinderella, NOT for a good meal. Haven't dined at Crystal yet, and I don't care for Liberty Tree.

What gets to me is that there are MANY GREAT dining locations on property that offer slightly more exotic, only slightly more cost, but offer a HUGE value. How many times have we seen a restaurant go down only to debut with a homogenized menu?

I guess what it comes down to is that myself and my family would dine at Jiko, Bistro de Paris, Kuzzina, etc over wasting time on a bad burger in a bad location.

Some others see it differently. And that's what makes the earth go 'round....

yankspy

One thing that confuses me..If you had a reservation for the DTD rainforest wouldn't they also accept it at AK's? I mean it's the same restaurant right?

And for what ever had happend..Let's hope it wasn't the Rainforest fiend Hexxus..:lol:
[youtube]6bu-U4HX5aQ[/youtube]
T-Rex might take it as well since they are owned by the same company.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom