DTD Expansion

NoChesterHester

Original Poster
New post on Disney Gossip about the "planned" expansion of Downtown Disney.

http://www.disneygossip.com/2012/04/major-changes-planned-for-downtown.html?m=1

Aligns pretty close with what Martin has been telling us. No mention however of transportation (trolley or otherwise). Also, the snippet about new Theater or Entertainment beyond the current site of LaNouba is interesting. Many have stated the need for more real entertainment needed in the DTD area to draw in consistent crowds and hold them there.

Anyway - discuss.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
There seems to be more fluff and speculation than any tangible details, even with the pretty maps and diagrams added on. I think we're still going to be waiting for a while before any changes really occur.....:shrug:

maxairmike

It looks like there is currently some land prep/work going on along the side of I-4 westbound all the way from the on-ramp to just shy of the 536/Epcot exit. Might not be related, but considering those ideas and what Raven has mentioned about expanding/redoing the 536 exit on the westbound side...it makes you wonder.

dcibrando

I'm liking this A LOT... Downtown Disney needs a big overhaul and I completely agree with it being congested. I don't like going in the evenings especially around the World of Disney....it's chaos.

More theater/stage venues would be great... school bands, other entertainment, anything would be good. I guess they'll need to build a fancy mini-golf course now too :)

being a DVC member owning at SSR, I like this even more

dreamscometrue

This would be fan-friggin'-tastic. We enjoy DTD now, are looking forward to Splittsville, but a 2 level entertainment district would be a really welcome addition. I hope we hear something official soon.

zooey

I'm more interested in how they're going to theme it. CityWalk is :hurl: in my opinion, and I hope Disney takes the steps to set it apart from that even with a similar layout.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I don't entirely agree with the reasons about why PI was closed, but the end results was true, they were making money and they thought they could make more by redoing the area. The rest of it is just PR fluff about ppl hanging around and such. Anyway, if this has any degree of truth to it, I can only hope the 2 level entertainment district = clubs. CW got the design right, so lets take it and improve on it. Then they can turn it all around and spin it like that was the plan all along.

lazyboy97o

I don't entirely agree with the reasons about why PI was closed, but the end results was true, they were making money and they thought they could make more by redoing the area. The rest of it is just PR fluff about ppl hanging around and such. Anyway, if this has any degree of truth to it, I can only hope the 2 level entertainment district = clubs. CW got the design right, so lets take it and improve on it. Then they can turn it all around and spin it like that was the plan all along.
Why bother with a new story? The "We keep coming up with better ideas" one seems to be working fine for most people.

zulemara

In the Parks
Yes
I just worry about the timeline of all of this. I want something greenlit and announced NOW. We've waited long enough! But sadly that's not how Disney works. Maybe 5...7 years? seems about right

71jason

I have to assume any entertainment/dining venue would be 3rd party. And while Kissimme/LBV/I-Drive have been exploding with new entertainment/dining venues, DTD has been unable to attract much besides mom jeans stores and a South American fast food outlet. I think this is just more wishful thinking--if Cheesecake Factory balked at going into the existing DTD, why would they move into a version with even more competition?

wdw71fan

I can tell you with 100% certainty...

That image/plan/article is complete and total Fanboi photoshop pipe dream deluxe, with cheese..

Disneyfan_76

While I assumed this article to be nothing more than wishful thinking, I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the fate of DisneyQuest in this next round of possible DTD redo (whenever it happens).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom