Drowning in pop century hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoDave219

This just went up.....

Orlando Sentinel said:
A 13-year-old boy was found in the pool at Disney's Pop Century Resort and rushed to a local hospital about 9:30 p.m. Sunday, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.
The teen's condition remained unknown shortly before 11 p.m.
Guests at the resort began tweeting details shortly after Reedy Creek Fire District paramedics arrived at the hotel.
"I'm sitting here at my resort where there are currently a couple fire trucks, ambulances, and security vehicles parked out front," one guest wrote on a discussion board devoted to Walt Disney World. "Several paramedics rushed in with a stretcher and out to the pool and are giving someone CPR."
About 10 minutes later the same guest wrote, "It's not good. They were doing CPR for a good few minutes before I decided to head out."
A spokesman for the Reedy Creek Fire Rescue Department was not immediately available for comment late Sunday.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Deputy Ginette Rodriguez wrote in an email there was no other information available about the incident.
hcurtis@tribune.com or 407-420-5257.

PhotoDave219

What is wrong with you. Troll my butt! Drowning means that you drowned. Inhaling water means that you nearly drowned if you live through it, it's a near drowning. Saying that there was a drowning in a location when one doesn't even know why they were there is irresponsible and can only be a method of getting themselves noticed.

It could have been a heart attack. It could have been a seizure. It could have been a stabbing. It could have been a drunk that passed out and hit their head. Just because it is was in a pool area does not mean drowning and unless it is confirmed, it isn't one. I'm saying be accurate. If it was, it was. If it wasn't it shouldn't be reported as one. Trolling is using a topic to stir up problems, not correct them. And please tell me what about this story says that drowning is obviously what happened in this scenario other then it was near a pool.

No, You've firmly established yourself as a troll. Leave the news business to the professionals....

luv

This just went up.....

This is heartbreaking. I pray that they somehow got him back...but I know the odds are slim.

His poor parents. Oh, my goodness. God grant them the strength to get through this. I cannot imagine...

I'm praying for them. I'm sure everyone here at WDWMagic is praying, thinking good thoughts, sending good wishes...and still hoping for the best.

prberk

From the Orlando Sentinel tonight:

orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-disney-hotel-drowning-20130310,0,2422606.story

Young teen found in pool at Disney's Pop Century Resort
By Henry Pierson Curtis, Orlando Sentinel
12:16 AM EDT, March 11, 2013

A 13-year-old boy was found in the pool at Disney's Pop Century Resort and rushed to a local hospital about 9:30 p.m. tonight, according to the Orange County Sheriff's Office.
The teen's condition remained unknown shortly before 11 p.m.
Guests at the resort began tweeting details shortly after Reedy Creek Fire Department paramedics arrived at the hotel.
"I'm sitting here at my resort where there are currently a couple fire trucks, ambulances, and security vehicles parked out front," one guest wrote on a discussion board devoted to Walt Disney World. "Several paramedics rushed in with a stretcher and out to the pool and are giving someone CPR."
About 10 minutes later the same guest wrote, "It's not good. They were doing CPR for a good few minutes before I decided to head out."
Reedy Creek Fire Rescue Department spokesman Bo Jones said paramedics who rushed to the resort pool found bystanders performing CPR on the boy. Witnesses told the paramedics the boy had been found in the pool and pulled up onto the deck where they tried to resuscitate him.
The boy was transported to Celebration Hospital where his care was turned over to the emergency department staff. The hospital is several miles from the 2,880-room Pop Century Resort at 1050 Century Drive in Lake Buena Vista.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Deputy Ginette Rodriguez wrote in an email there was no other information yet available about the incident.
hcurtis@tribune.com or 407-420-5257.

WDW1974

Word from a friend with a source at the hospital is not good and that the child was basically dead when brought in.

Considering the time of the incident (9-9:30), one wonders whether anyone out there was actually paying attention. This was during open hours ... not like 2:45 a.m.

Kramerica

Original Poster
Update. Just getting back from downtown. Cast members have the entire pool area blocked off. Not only the pool but the walkways to it. They're standing there making sure nobody is to get by. There's a circle of about 5 to 8 what seem to be big wigs standing at the edge of the pool talking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom