Drop off rental car at Disney?

ThatMouse

Original Poster
Are there rental car drop off locations at Disney World that will transport you to your resort after dropping off the car? I have a friend driving in, but flying out of Orlando - where I assume they can register for the Magical Express to the airport. They don't want to pay for the rental car during the stay at WDW, since you don't really need a car.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yes the MK car care center has a resort shuttle, and the desks at the Dolphin are walkable to a good number of resorts.

Rob562

Yes the MK car care center has a resort shuttle, and the desks at the Dolphin are walkable to a good number of resorts.

And as an added bit of info, those are Alamo and National desks at both locations.

Other major rental companies have desks in some of the Hotel Plaza Blvd hotels (near Downtown Disney) but I'm not sure what their shuttle options are.

If he wants to, the Alamo/National shuttle *should* be able to drop him off at any of the theme parks, too. So the car drop can be done en-route to a park, if desired. (Though I don't think the shuttle can drop directly at the Magic Kingdom, so they'd have to go either to the TTC or to one of the monorail resorts)

-Rob

Phonedave

And as an added bit of info, those are Alamo and National desks at both locations.

Other major rental companies have desks in some of the Hotel Plaza Blvd hotels (near Downtown Disney) but I'm not sure what their shuttle options are.

If he wants to, the Alamo/National shuttle *should* be able to drop him off at any of the theme parks, too. So the car drop can be done en-route to a park, if desired. (Though I don't think the shuttle can drop directly at the Magic Kingdom, so they'd have to go either to the TTC or to one of the monorail resorts)

-Rob

I have used Hertz at off-site locations (they are open earlier than the Dolphin). They provide shuttle service to and from the resorts as well. One desk is in the World Center Marriott on World Center Drive, they service most WDW resort locations. There are a few outlying areas that are serviced by another Hertz location. I have used them as well. When I staying at AKL, they shuttled me to a different location (not sure where).

If the OP's friend is dropping off at an off site location, just give them a call and ask what resorts they will shuttle to.

-dave

DisneyJoe

I have a friend driving in, but flying out of Orlando - where I assume they can register for the Magical Express to the airport.

He needs to be registered for Magical Express before he arrives - just contact Disney now and tell them that he will be using ME only one way, on the return to the airport.

Someone cannot initially register for ME while at the airport - it is part of an agreement that Disney made.

Rob562

He needs to be registered for Magical Express before he arrives - just contact Disney now and tell them that he will be using ME only one way, on the return to the airport.

Someone cannot initially register for ME while at the airport - it is part of an agreement that Disney made.

Actually, that rule only applies to people arriving at the airport heading to the hotel... For transportation from the hotel back to the airport, the Front Desk can book them onto DME. (Though I believe it still has to be done a day or two ahead of time)

But for simplicity's sake, they can definitely book it in advance before their trip. It's just not a necessity in this case.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom