Driving on world drive around the east side of MK during Wishes...

TimeTrip

Original Poster
I was able to do this last night during the 10pm wishes. I was pretty surprised as I always thought that they closed World Drive between the Contemporary and Center Dr during the show even if it doesn't have perimeter fireworks. It was pretty neat to see the lights and smoke coming from the launch area on Floridian way during the brief time I was at the intersection of Center and World. Oh.. and having the shells explode almost directly overhead was pretty neat too :)

Is this perhaps a policy change for 10pm shows, or because there are large crowds this time of year?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I believe they do only close that route during the perimeter shows. Some regulars can confirm how long it has been that way I am sure.

Rob562

Correct. The only time they fully close off World Drive at the Contemporary is when they're running a show with perimeters. You can still get from the Contemporary to Reams Road during Wishes, and the CM buses can still run from the park to CM parking & costuming.

If you were to drive up Floridian Way from the Grand Floridian, I'm not sure where the barricade point is for either regular Wishes or with perimeters. (My guess would be the gate behind Frontierland for regular Wishes, and just north of the GF for perimeters)

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom