driving from wdw to talledega

patch553

Original Poster
we are both huge Disney and nascar fans from the uk,we are planning to come back over in may and firstly going on the Disney dream for 4 nights then driving to Talladega super speedway for the race. our question is,is it a bad drive? mapquest says 9 hours basically up to Atlanta and across,has anybody done something similar?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
One of our residences is south of Atlanta along I-75 and we go to the World as well as out to the other house in Texas out I 20 frequently. Your only real pain points would be the merger from the Florida Turn pike up to Gainesville and then from 30 miles South of Atlanta, I-285 to Douglasville on I-20. The rest is pretty uneventful. Rush hour in Atlanta isnt for the meek. Oh be advised if its rained alot you're gonna get muddy and be surrounded by mudpuppies.

patch553

Original Poster
that's great thanks, at a guess I'm thinking(and hoping) we'll miss rush hour around Atlanta, and rain don't bother us in England it rains a lot ha ha, thanks again

patch553

Original Poster
how long does it roughly take to drive to Atlanta?, just trying to guess when to leave wdw and miss the rush hour there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom