Driving directions from Birmingham, AL area

LeenLin

Original Poster
I've been to Disney 3 times and traveled from Birmingham to Montgomery and down Hwy 231 to Florida and continued on I-10 to I-75 and so on. Just wondering if anyone has traveled from or thru B'ham ton Atlanta and took I-75 from there?
I heard it was faster. Can anyone help me with this.:hammer:

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
Hey,
I am from north Alabama and i have been to wdw 4 times w/in the past 3 years...i will tell you the quickest way to get from there to wdw...this plan also works for my friends and others that continue to go to wdw....i will explain further in another post...but for right now....go through Dothan...that is the quickest way.. usually from north alabama (think below huntsville...) it takes us between 9-12 hours...but it is sure worth it!! Also if you are a member of AAA they will give u a free map and other discounts..on the map it will give u the quickest way and also it will tell u if there is construction etc. AAA is very good about EVERYTHING having to do w/ travel

Anna Elizabeth

stepharoni

When I lived in Bham (Hoover) a few years ago I tried 3 diff. ways- thru Dothan, Auburn and Atlanta. Thru Dothan was shorter by 1-2 hours. I usually made it to Gainesville or Jax in 7 hours, then Orlando is ~1 1/2 hrs more from Gville. Watch for state troopers in Madison County, FL on I-10 before Lake City. I have Always seen them there with their lights going. Happy travelling.

SpongeScott

I live in Huntsville and the best way we have found to get to FLA is through Dothan and down to I-10. Don't go to ATL--that takes almost two hours and God only knows what kind of traffic you'll hit in that town.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Turbogames
try mapquest.com for destination put in Lake buena vista florida or your hotels address.

NOooooooooooooooooooooo! mapquest is evil and wrong alot of the time..... go with microsoft streets and trips if you have or know someone who has it....... :)

David

I live in Tuscaloosa, and a co-worker drove to Disney about a month ago. He also suggests driving to Dothan rather than Atlanta. As another "poster" said, you never know about the traffic in Atlanta, but if you encounter an accident, you can be stopped or slowed down for hours.

60 days to go!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom