Drew Brees-I'm Going to Disney World!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDW Vacationer

Original Poster
Drew Brees,QB of the Super Bowl 44 Champions-the New Orleans Saints,joins a long list of stars to say those famous words! Congrats to Drew,the Saints and all the fans!

He will appear in a ticker-tape parade down Main Street USA on Monday,February 8,2010 at 11:55.

From the Disney Parks Blog:

Drew Brees led the New Orleans Saints to a Super Bowl victory over the Indianapolis Colts tonight in South Florida, so what do you think he’s going to do next? Come to Disney World, of course!
After making several memorable plays against the Colts in the 31-17 Super Bowl XLIV win, Drew looked into the TV cameras and proclaimed “I’m going to Disney World!’’
Drew joins a long list of marquee athletes from a variety of sports, such as Michael Phelps, Tom Brady, Michael Jordan, Joe Montana and Magic Johnson, who have uttered that iconic phrase after winning a major championship.
Like those athletes, Drew is appearing in a nationwide commercial this week and heading to Walt Disney World Resort where he’ll celebrate his team’s magical Super Bowl win with a ticker tape parade down Main Street USA at the Magic Kingdom along with several NFL Youth kids.
The commercial featuring Drew Brees will be the 42nd installment in Disney’s famous “I’m going to Disney World’’ campaign, which began in 1987 when New York Giants quarterback Phil Simms first uttered the signature phrase about going to Disney World immediately following the Giants’ Super Bowl win. The campaign was considered a groundbreaking concept at that time and has since become a fixture in American culture.

Vince3

Congrats to da Saints! So happy for Drew Brees.Long over due respect.
I told ya, no celebration for Satan Manning on Miami Dolphins home field!

MKCP 1985

The Super Bowl parade will be Tuesday in New Orleans! Be there! :sohappy:

. . . and after that, go to Disney World! :lol:

a2grafix

The Super Bowl party will be like a soul train, running now through Feb. 16 from Miami and South Beach, to the French Quarter, making a slight detour to Lake Buena Vista, then back through Pensacola, Mobile, Ocean Springs, Biloxi, Gulfport, Pass Christian, Slidell, and then back to Nawlins.

Top it off with a little bit of Orpheus, Endymion, Bacchus, Zulu, and Rex parades and one big When The Saints Go Marching In, it's going to be a great 10 days.

BigB911

So happy for the Saints! Not a fan...but I hate the Colts almost as much as the Cowboys!

Has anyone given any thought to the angle that Disney can play on this? Princess & The Frog? The theme fits. I picture a ticker tape parade similar in style to when Princess Naomi first came to WDW not too long ago...in fact, I watched the video on here.

Congrats to the Saints!

BigRedDad

I am happy for an enjoyable playoff season and the Saints wining the Superbowl. I am not a Saints fan, but I feel good enough to hop on the bandwagon for a little while. For a team that has not done much in 48 years, a city that desperately needed the Saints, and to win the Superbowl is exciting. I wish I were on Bourbon St for the party. I wish I could be as WDW for the Parade. Its a new Cinderella story in the NFL.

OK. Now I have to order a bunch of Brees SB XLIV jerseys to sell to pay for a trip to WDW.

LSU_Tigger

I'm so proud of my Saints. Drew will be a great gift for Disney world today. Only wish I could be there to see it! GO Saints!!!:sohappy:
For those getting sick of it........."Who DAT!!!"

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Congrats to the Saints and the Brees family. That cute little boy of his is going to have a grand old time with his Daddy in that parade. :sohappy:

SinginSarah

Just saw the commercial and he says "I'm going to Disney World!"
Wow they put that together fast.

They probably had one already that said "Peyton Manning, you just won MVP, what are you going to do now?" in the case of the Colts winning, so they could just put in the footage.

Sorry, I'm from Indiana, I'm a Colts fan all the way. The only upside is that I'm also a Purdue fan, and Brees went to Purdue, so it's hard to be really angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom