Dress or costume?

yensid1967

Walt Disney World Resort Costume Guidelines​

All event attendees — including adults — may dress in their favorite costume and must follow these and other guidelines:
  • Costumes should be child-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive or violent.
  • Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision and eyes must be visible at all times.
  • Guests who dress like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
  • Costumes should not drag on the ground.
  • Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
  • Costumes should not contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
  • Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into the event unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
I THINK YOU SHOULD BE FINE, BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS CALL/CHAT WITH DISNEY BEFORE YOUR TRIP!

Upvote 0

sherryann

Original Poster

All event attendees — including adults — may dress in their favorite costume and must follow these and other guidelines:
  • Costumes should be child-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive or violent.
  • Guests may wear masks. However, masks must not obstruct vision and eyes must be visible at all times.
  • Guests who dress like Disney Characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other Guests.
  • Costumes should not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another Guest.
  • Costumes should not contain any weapons which resemble or could easily be mistaken for an actual weapon.
  • Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into the event unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
I THINK YOU SHOULD BE FINE, BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS CALL/CHAT WITH DISNEY BEFORE YOUR TRIP!
I saw that. But on the same page it says 14 and older can NOT wear costumes. I think maybe the part you quoted is only for Halloween events? I really want to wear this but I certainly don't want to be turned away at the gate.

Upvote 0

drizgirl

Nobody can tell you if they would consider that a costume. One CM might not think twice, another might. I'd just go ahead with it but have a change of clothes along in case you need it.

I don't think anyone is going to mistake someone wearing that for the actual Minnie, so that is not not likely to be an issue. This is meant for people attending a Halloween party wearing high quality replica costumes.

Upvote 0

sherryann

Original Poster
Thanks everyone. My significant other is concerned the outfit might get too many eyeballs on me ;) but I just think it would be fun to wear this.

Upvote 0

Gillyanne

If you're looking to Minnie Disney Bound, there are a lot of different red w/ polka dot dresses that don't look as "costumey" (imo) as that one. This is the one I'm wearing next week, currently $33 on amazon. The one you posted looks like it's made of polyester and has that "shine" to it, this one is cotton so it looks a bit more like a 'proper' dress.

1643922976439.png

Upvote 0

yensid1967

Sherryann...
I vote for one of those other dresses...I think the dress you showed a pic of is KINDA Provocative for Minnie Mouse! My opinion of course.
Either of the others would be classier and represent Minnie is a fashionable way and you're SO won't have to worry if you are turning heads with the wrong stare!

Upvote 0

sherryann

Original Poster
Sherryann...
I vote for one of those other dresses...I think the dress you showed a pic of is KINDA Provocative for Minnie Mouse! My opinion of course.
Either of the others would be classier and represent Minnie is a fashionable way and you're SO won't have to worry if you are turning heads with the wrong stare!
Well ... for the record, that's a model in the picture, not me! LOL I wish. :) I'm planning to wear a fluffy white petticoat underneath, and bright yellow sneakers, definitely not black stilettos. Also might wear a black sleeveless mock turtleneck under the dress.

Upvote 0

Kingoglow

The picture that you posted would be fine in terms of DIsney's criteria to get in the parks. I see similar outfits in the parks all the time. I don't think you would be comfortable in that dress though. It looks like it would get hot. How do you think it would do in the rain and after? Consider biker's shorts underneath for when you have to get in and out of ride vehicles - or not, you do you.

Upvote 0

sherryann

Original Poster
The picture that you posted would be fine in terms of DIsney's criteria to get in the parks. I see similar outfits in the parks all the time. I don't think you would be comfortable in that dress though. It looks like it would get hot. How do you think it would do in the rain and after? Consider biker's shorts underneath for when you have to get in and out of ride vehicles - or not, you do you.
Thanks for the info! White spandex underneath is a good idea. I usually do, whenever I'm wearing a short dress or skirt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
That IS a costumer.
Its also an "adult" costume so I definitely would not wear it.
Wear a red and white polka dot dress and yellow shoes if you want to be Minnie mouse not a full on adult sexy Minnie mouse roleplay-ish costume.

Upvote 0

sherryann

Original Poster
Sorry to dig up this old thread ... A year later, I realized that I never shared a picture! SO convinced me to lean on the side of comfort and modesty, so I wore a red polka dot peplum top, black capris, yellow sandals, painted my fingernails/toenails silver, and of course I had to buy matching mouse ears. I also wore a mouse-ear rainbow pin that I found in a store at the Animal Kingdom. :) It was a great vacation, especially that day! I felt great wearing this outfit, and four people complimented me, so that made me feel pretty happy.

Attachments

• disney.jpg
    disney.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 89
Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Sorry to dig up this old thread ... A year later, I realized that I never shared a picture! SO convinced me to lean on the side of comfort and modesty, so I wore a red polka dot peplum top, black capris, yellow sandals, painted my fingernails/toenails silver, and of course I had to buy matching mouse ears. I also wore a mouse-ear rainbow pin that I found in a store at the Animal Kingdom. :) It was a great vacation, especially that day! I felt great wearing this outfit, and four people complimented me, so that made me feel pretty happy.
Adorable!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom