DreamChasers

Chad

Original Poster
Hey, I went to EPCOT and saw the new exhibit after Test Track...It's Called "DreamChasers" you sit in this neat looking little pod things, and they spin around while you watch a virtual reality type presentation..It's kinda nifty, but for an outside spectator, the whole ordeal looks like organized brainwashing...

"Buy General Motors...Buy General Motors...Mickey Mouse Drives A saturn....":eek: :

adr315

Yeah i did it too last weekend. The concept is good, but i felt the film was corny and kinda poorly done. The movement is cool, except that i left with a nose ache from all the swinging in circles. Its a cool concept tho, and think it should be implemented in DisneyQuest in the future with another video.

WDWFREAK53

I did the Dreamchasers last week and I have a couple things to say about this.

First of all...CHANGE THE FILM!!! (I was standing in line thinking it was going to be an "adventure" having to do with the new concept cars that GM has designed)
Second of all...I agree...the concept is very cool (maybe add a seatbelt and let it pitch forward and back too)
Third of all...add a cushion to the forehead rest!!!

I also agree that an updated version should go into DisneyQuest.

disneyreports

I think Dreamchasers is a good concept, just poorly implemented... You guys need to write to GM and Disney and tell them what you think! I was at the park the other day and they were doing exit surveys at Dreamchasers, so they obviously want to get the guests opinions about the attraction...

s25843

Originally posted by adr315
Yeah i did it too last weekend. The concept is good, but i felt the film was corny and kinda poorly done. The movement is cool, except that i left with a nose ache from all the swinging in circles. Its a cool concept tho, and think it should be implemented in DisneyQuest in the future with another video.
I stood in line for 50 mins for the thing and HATED it! It was the longest line I was in, in all of WDW LOL

Disney Quest should get some kind of interactive version, that would make it much more interesting!

Main Street USA

i did this in disneyland last summer. i believe this is the same gm thing that is in tomorrowland innoventions in disneyland. (i think its called innoventions) its where the COP used to be.

Disney4648

The reason why GM has this type of simulator ride is becuase GM sponsors Test Track. If GM didnt sponsor it, then there could possibly be no test track at all.

jcrb

I did the Dreamchasers on January first at 12:15 am

The film need to change. The concept is very cool but it only talks about what may come out. The film does not show proof or any new things. It took up too much time in waiting and riding.

Nut4Disney

Dreamchasers is a total waste of time, just a 5 minute commercial for GM. For the person who asked what it is, it is an audio/visual experience when you come out of test track. There are 20 purple machines (sort of shaped like the letter 'c". You sit on the seat and rest your head against a viewer (a periscope is the only way I can think of to explain it) Then you're seat moves back and forth 180 degrees as your eyes follow some kind of animal (not sure what it was) through a virtual reality (and that's bieng generous) experience where the animal tells you about what GM is going to do in the future with cars. I wouldn't go on this again, now that I know what it is. But if you must, don't wait longer than 5 minutes in line as it is really not worth it.

Justin149

thanks, last time i was at test track they had those god awful driving simulators, seriously my old super nintendo could do better graphics and gameplay than that

-justin-

s25843

Originally posted by Justin149
can someone explain what exactly dream chasers is, maybe a picture or something.....?

-justin-

I sent Steve some pics, he should be putting em up any day now....

ToTBellHop

they have a line nearly as long as Test Track's...MASSIVE wait, and the line moves slow...nice concept. It's a virtual reality thing that spins, but I'd rather have it be like...me in a race car:)

s25843

Originally posted by DogsRule!
they have a line nearly as long as Test Track's...MASSIVE wait, and the line moves slow...nice concept. It's a virtual reality thing that spins, but I'd rather have it be like...me in a race car:)

The Size of the Que Line is HUGE, Its equal to like 5 Showings of the Movie. The length of the Movie is somthing like 5:12

s25843

Here is a Pic of the Ride
Sorry about the quality, the original size was 2048x1536 but I had to reduce it down to 640x480 to post it here!!

Attachments

• dsc00891 copy.jpg
    dsc00891 copy.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 104

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom