DreamChasers @ Epcot (Test Track)

JonnyK

Original Poster
Alright.. You Guys - I never done this before But I took a picture of the new project in the end of the test track area..

When you first get off the ride.. walk down.. walking to the rooms with cars.. youll notice somthing on the left called "DreamChasers" Its somthing new that has been added to test track.

I asked one of the Cast Member what does it do. "He Told me It just Plays movie about general motors" - nothing fun to do.. why would you waste your time to sit down n watch a boring movie about GM.. I never done it, Anyone done it.. Tell me about it im just curious!

Attachments

• dsc00608.jpg
    dsc00608.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 203

wdwjmp239

Originally posted by wdwfreak
Alright.. You Guys - I never done this before But I took a picture of the new project in the end of the test track area..

When you first get off the ride.. walk down.. walking to the rooms with cars.. youll notice somthing on the left called "DreamChasers" Its somthing new that has been added to test track.

I asked one of the Cast Member what does it do. "He Told me It just Plays movie about general motors" - nothing fun to do.. why would you waste your time to sit down n watch a boring movie about GM.. I never done it, Anyone done it.. Tell me about it im just curious!

All it is really.. its a marketing commercial for GM and how they get ideas to develop the cars you drive today. Basically, you're following these two cartoon characters that go zipping along from one stage of the thought process in how GM puts their cars together to the actual marketing of the vehicle itself. It's a cute movie, but I only recommend seeing it ONCE (IF you have some time to waste -- otherwise, if you don't --- it would be a good idea to move on....)

wdwjmp239

Music

While we're in this area -- what's the name of the song (and who does it?) you hear when you're standing in this area (between Dreamchasers and the GM vehicle display)? And, whatever happened to Fatboy Slim's "Right Here, Right Now" song you hear in the Test Track Post-Show/New Car Display room?

WDWFREAK53

Re: Music

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer
While we're in this area -- what's the name of the song (and who does it?) you hear when you're standing in this area (between Dreamchasers and the GM vehicle display)? And, whatever happened to Fatboy Slim's "Right Here, Right Now" song you hear in the Test Track Post-Show/New Car Display room?

Are you talking about Bob Seger's "Like a Rock"

WDWFREAK53

Re: Re: Re: Music

Originally posted by ntn_haqqer

I know that song, but it's the synth-techno pop music you hear in the background. :)

Sorry...dunno...

(Just know of Like a Rock because I love that song)

(might be because I drive a Silverado :) )

Kenan

dreamchasers is a 5 and a half minute animated promotional advertisement for general motors. this is not a ride, 3d, virtual reality, or a driving simulator. you MUST remain fully seated during the entire presentation. if you are not able to remain fully seated with both of you feet and the footrest and your forehead on the forhead rest your cyber seat will have absolutley no motion, however you will still be able to view the show. If you are below the approximate height of about 60" this too will disable your cyberseat. and finally, for those of you at or near our end of the line, you are looking at a wait time of about _ _ to _ _ minutes. once again, if you are at or near our end of the line, you are looking at a wait time of about _ _ to _ _ minutes for a 5 and a half minute animated promotional advertisement on general motors. thank you.

Merlin0402

I went on this at the GM area of Innoventions at Disneyland last November, and while it is fun to do ONCE, I had to wait in a 20 minute line for it, and once i got into the chair, I was very uncomfortable. The video was cute, and it was kind of neat to move along with it, but, like I said, this is a do it once deal. Also, how does this work in TT? At Innoventions, it had a huge area, that held it and the long line, they also had a little mascot dude animatronic entertain you while you waited. Do they have him at TT?
P.S.- I think that the chairs are slightly different at TT than they are at Innoventions, so they might be a little more comfortable.

bearboysnc

I went on the one at DL too.

The chairs look the same to me. It's kind of the poormans version of a simulator. It's pretty lame. The chairs swivel to give you the feeling your turning with the images you're seeing.

The tiny animatronic guy was more entertaining than the chairs. He couldn't have been , more than 18 inches tall.

ocolectr

As of last summer, the video at DL Innoventions was different than the one at Dreamchacers (DC).

I enjoyed the one out at DL much more than DC. It made quite a bit more sense. DC is too abstract. Most Guests (and CM's) can't make heads or tails of DC.

I think if GM ran their regular commercials on it it would be better! :lol:

Don't ever wait in a long line for this thing. If you have to wait more than 1 show it isn't worth it. If you do want to try it out, the best time to ride is whenever Test Track is down. Without all of the Guests coming off of the ride there is usually a little to no wait. Just come in through the merchandise shop and make your way back. :)

ocolectr

Originally posted by Kenan
hey ocolectr,
isnt door 16, marthas vineyard or berthas bathroom???
all i know is that DOOR 4 is MA DOOR!

All I know is if you don't stop it, I'm pushing you out door 20! :D

(BTW it's Maxine's Bathroom. Don't you remember ANYTHING from your training? :rolleyes: )

WDWFREAK53

Not all that impressive...But...it is SOMETHING I Guess...

Oh yeah...and the chairs are NOT comfortable at TestTrack...they need some padding on the part where you put your forehead!!!

WDWFanatic

That thing was totally dumb, You dont even get any info out of it. I'd rather them bring back the bird and the robot. I loved that little show. And what ever happened to concept cars?????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom