Dream stays overnight

ChuckElias

Original Poster
I was watching the Port Canaveral webcam last night, waiting for the Dream to sail away and it never did. So I just checked it again this morning and the Dream is still in port. I think it's very unusual for a ship to stay overnight. Obviously, when they're sailing with passengers, they leave around 5 pm. But even during the pandemic, since we've seen them come into port just for re-fueling, sometimes they leave later in the evening. But I don't remember very many times when they've ported overnight.

And as an added treat, the Wonder is in port, as well! So there are two beautiful ships on the webcam this morning, if you want to take a peek!

jme

In case anyone is looking at this thread when its too late here's a snapshot:
wonderdream.png

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
My husband watches PTZtv on the firestick every morning to see the various ports live cams. It just makes us both want to cruise even more lol

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Whoa. Hold on. I mean, wait... WHAT???? I can load the webcam on my firestick???? You better not be BSing me! What app do I need???
We have the firestick from Amazon lol Go on and look for PTZtv and you can pull up around 20 ports. They just recently started charging for it but I do believe it's still free if you go to ptz.com

Pam

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I was watching the Port Canaveral webcam last night, waiting for the Dream to sail away and it never did. So I just checked it again this morning and the Dream is still in port. I think it's very unusual for a ship to stay overnight. Obviously, when they're sailing with passengers, they leave around 5 pm. But even during the pandemic, since we've seen them come into port just for re-fueling, sometimes they leave later in the evening. But I don't remember very many times when they've ported overnight.

And as an added treat, the Wonder is in port, as well! So there are two beautiful ships on the webcam this morning, if you want to take a peek!
The Magic has spent a lot of time docked at Dover , only going out to sea occasionally.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
The Magic has spent a lot of time docked at Dover , only going out to sea occasionally.
Hi Trapper, you are correct, of course, and I did know that. I should've been clearer in my comments. I was referring only to Port Canaveral. The Dream and Fantasy, for example, were in port in Brest, France more or less permanently before they sailed back to Florida. So all the ships have spent many nights in port over the cessation of cruises. But normally, in Port Canaveral, we see very few overnight stays. I guess I wasn't really all that clear in my original post.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
We have the firestick from Amazon lol Go on and look for PTZtv and you can pull up around 20 ports. They just recently started charging for it but I do believe it's still free if you go to ptz.com

Pam
So are you just doing that through the web browser on the Firestick? Or is there a PTZtv app that I can install?

jme

The PTZtv app on Roku/Fire/AppleTV (called PTZtv One) has a monthly subscription fee associated with it of 7.99/mo or 79.99/yr

ChuckElias

Original Poster
The PTZtv app on Roku/Fire/AppleTV (called PTZtv One) has a monthly subscription fee associated with it of 7.99/mo or 79.99/yr
Thanks. I'm not willing to pay for that, but I can't even find it on my Firestick app menu. I'm sure it's there. Just haven't been able to find it.

ChuckElias

Original Poster
It's a pretty hefty pricetag for some webcam streams, especially when Disney+ and Hulu (w/ ads) cost less monthly
Totally off-topic, but I really love Disney+. The last few mornings, I've started my day with either Zenimation or Sunrises over the parks. They're a great calm way to ease into my morning. (And WandaVision starts TOMORROW!!!)

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Totally off-topic, but I really love Disney+. The last few mornings, I've started my day with either Zenimation or Sunrises over the parks. They're a great calm way to ease into my morning. (And WandaVision starts TOMORROW!!!)
My daughter who is a former CM is totally hooked on the Sunrises

Pam

RememberWhen

Another vote for the sunrises! Sometimes the 3 year old will get up really early. The sunrises and a cup of coffee make 5:30 not so bad...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom