Dream Room 2052, thoughts?

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
Hi all,

I just received word that we'll be staying in room 2052 on the Dream this November for a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas. This is a Make A Wish trip for my daughter who had leukemia last year and battled for the better part of 7-8 months. Key word there being HAD, as she's now cancer free and doing fantastic! We actually had an identical cruise booked as well as 4 nights in WDW for november of last year, but had to cancel because of her illness. When we had our original trip booked we were going to be staying on deck 8, so all my research was based on that. I'm just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of room 2052, or any thoughts on deck 2 in general. This will be our first cruise so it'll all be brand new to us. Thanks for your help!

EOD K9

Hi all,

I just received word that we'll be staying in room 2052 on the Dream this November for a 4 night cruise to the Bahamas. This is a Make A Wish trip for my daughter who had leukemia last year and battled for the better part of 7-8 months. Key word there being HAD, as she's now cancer free and doing fantastic! We actually had an identical cruise booked as well as 4 nights in WDW for november of last year, but had to cancel because of her illness. When we had our original trip booked we were going to be staying on deck 8, so all my research was based on that. I'm just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of room 2052, or any thoughts on deck 2 in general. This will be our first cruise so it'll all be brand new to us. Thanks for your help!Fis
First off, congrats on your daughter's new found health. Your stateroom will obviously be on deck two. You will not have a verandah but you will have a porthole. The room is located near the elevators and stairs from the atrium. Did you have any specific questions by chance? Regardless, cruising on DCL is fantastic. I'm glad you wil be able to enjoy it with your daughter.

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
First off, congrats on your daughter's new found health. Your stateroom will obviously be on deck two. You will not have a verandah but you will have a porthole. The room is located near the elevators and stairs from the atrium. Did you have any specific questions by chance? Regardless, cruising on DCL is fantastic. I'm glad you wil be able to enjoy it with your daughter.
Thank you! She was 6 when diagnosed, spent her bday, Easter and Halloween in the hospital among missing many other things. Nobody deserves a vacation more than her!

That’s great, thanks! I was just looking for general info/thoughts on deck 2 and if anyone had thoughts on room 2052 specifically as far as location, ease of access to different things etc. So your reply definitely helped.

Club Cooloholic

Thank you! She was 6 when diagnosed, spent her bday, Easter and Halloween in the hospital among missing many other things. Nobody deserves a vacation more than her!

That’s great, thanks! I was just looking for general info/thoughts on deck 2 and if anyone had thoughts on room 2052 specifically as far as location, ease of access to different things etc. So your reply definitely helped.
This should help you get an idea of layout of the ship.
Now it was a smaller ship, but we were deck 2 on the Magic, and did not miss the verandah that much. Its kinda neat to be near the water and you get the same amount of space inside and getting around the ship is never that hard. You are also really close to some nice public spaces just a flight up the stairs, the sit down restaurants and theater are right up one flight so easy to get there. I am so happy your daughter is doing well, bless her and enjoy the cruise.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Now it was a smaller ship, but we were deck 2 on the Magic, and did not miss the verandah that much. Its kinda neat to be near the water and you get the same amount of space inside and getting around the ship is never that hard. You are also really close to some nice public spaces just a flight up the stairs, the sit down restaurants and theater are right up one flight so easy to get there. I am so happy your daughter is doing well, bless her and enjoy the cruise.
We were deck 2 on the Magic as well. Found it to be a great location and a good sized room. So good that we selected the same stateroom for our cruise this year.

ChuckElias

The nice thing about Deck 2 on the Dream is that you're just down the hall from Enchanted Garden, and just one deck down from Royal Palace. You're also pretty close to Guest Services if you need them. And you've got an Ocean View. So I think you have a pretty good location.

Our very first Disney Cruise was on Deck 2 of the Wonder, and we had a wonderful time.

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster

Thank you! Sounds good to me, how do you think it’ll be as far as noise is concerned? Or are he lower decks typically a pretty quiet place later at night?

DisneyDoug85

Original Poster
We were deck 2 on the Magic as well. Found it to be a great location and a good sized room. So good that we selected the same stateroom for our cruise this year.
The nice thing about Deck 2 on the Dream is that you're just down the hall from Enchanted Garden, and just one deck down from Royal Palace. You're also pretty close to Guest Services if you need them. And you've got an Ocean View. So I think you have a pretty good location.

Our very first Disney Cruise was on Deck 2 of the Wonder, and we had a wonderful time.

Oh great, thank you both! No issues with any noise etc?

I’ve been seeing a lot of good things about deck 2, so I’m excited!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom