Dream Disney Resort

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Critter Country Overview Part One

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56OHbSK7rtc&feature=related

A dense forest path looms to the north, snaking beneath the railroad tracks and into the abyss. An earthy feel accompanies the trail as various plants provide shade from the intense sun. The smell of fresh dirt and air fills our noses as we traverse this relaxing road, the trickling of distant waterfalls and creeks sounding off in the distance. An overhead train makes the ground shake and the ceiling rumble as we step down a small hill and up another. Several tiny waterfalls pour down the sides of the natural walls around us while the various weeds and clovers sway in the gentle breeze. A glimmer of light dances at the end of the tunnel as we continue on down the path, eventually poking our heads out into it.

We have emerged into the backwoods oasis that is: Critter Country. A shaded wilderness reminiscent of the Pacific Northwest, Critter Country is a land inhabited by critters of all shapes and sizes, whether they be alligators, bears, rabbits, or geese. Relaxation and peaceful music is a common occurrence here, while cabins and other wilderness outposts lie about the place. The tall pine trees surrounding us scrape the sky as they provide us with shade, while beautiful ferns grow all around the place. The fresh scent of pine fills the air as wooden figurines of forest animals appear all over the place. Cool streams flow down through the various meadows and gardens, lined with the settlements and homes of various critters. Such dwellings include a hole in the ground marked by a small door and a tiny-pipe chimney, a mushroom with windows, a chimney, and a front door, a tree-house, and even a cave belonging to a snoring Big Al the Bear. The great bruin's snores can be heard from nearly a mile away (Not really)!

At the very entrance of the land is a well-sized wooden sign welcoming us to the land, surrounded by a diverse collection of wooden critters. The sign reads "CRITTER COUNTRY: EST. 1848," a small dedication plaque beneath it reading, "A backwoods refuge for those of paws and claws, fur and feather."

Branching away from the sign we find ourselves confronted with a variety of different directions to choose from. For now we will head to the north.

More to come later on this week!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Critter Country Overview Part Two

I'm not going to let this thread die again! Please tell me what you think at the end of this! I'm just dying to hear your feedback!

Ahead of us is a delightful little establishment of connected, rustic buildings. Within these buildings rest a collection of shops, eateries, and other facilities, giving us this warm feeling inside. Here we can find restrooms cleverly disguised as "Baths 5 Cents" and the famous Ursus H. Bear Wilderness Outpost, the home of various products and merchandise that one would need when traveling through the wilderness. Also here is the Mile Long Bar which is a bar that appears as if it is a MILE LONG, thanks to one really big mirror. Within the Mile Long Bar is a roaring fireplace, which will warm anyone up during a cold day or frosty night. According to the various windows and signs about the place, the second story on top of this mini-mall-type area is home to even more establishments, including the Mine Brokers Union, Carnivore's Anonymous, and a Barbershop, complete with the swirling barber's pole.

To the very west of the land is as said before the cave of Big Al. Big Al is one massive black bear, grey in color, wearing a red vest, a tiny hat, and wielding one out-of-tune-guitar too small for his body.

Crud, I got to run, catch up with you guys later.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Critter Country Overview Part Three

Okay so I am VERY unhappy with my Critter Country so far. Thus I am going to start over from scratch any day now. I don't know I just have the feeling that it is too much like a county fair for some reason. Yes I know it's nothing like a fair in theme, I just feel as if it is in the back of my head for some reason. So I'm going to start over very soon and make it how I originally intended for it to be.

For now I am going to treat you all to a little overview of the Lewis and Clark Riverboat and the rivers on which it rides upon.

With the recent refurbishment of Disneyland's Rivers of America, I have been struck with inspiration for my own ideas on my version of the rivers.

To begin with I have renamed them due to the overall theme of Frontierland which is now more story-based and set in one constant setting. Just like I did with the Jungle Cruise (Placing it on a remote desert island), I am going to set the newly dubbed "Rivers of the Frontier" in Big Thunder Country.

Okay this overview is not very detailed. In fact it is very brief and not as thorough as I would have liked to have made it. I am very tired and just want to post this before the ideas leave my head.

Our adventure down the Rivers of the Frontier begins in Riverboat Square, an old frontier harbor once filled with bustling river traffic. It was here where a numerous amount of ships carried in items for sale and trade. It was here where miners boarded makeshift rafts day after day to reach the mines across the water. It was here where dozens of fishermen made a fortune in catching all of the delicious and rare fish lurking beneath the surface. It was here where a devastating fire destroyed nearly everything after a massive earthquake years upon years ago...

Now all of this is gone...a distant memory of the past...faded away into the sands of time...

No longer is this a bustling port full of merchant ships and happy travelers. Now it is a slightly-crowded area where "tourists" from around the country board rafts to visit the mines across the way and board the great Lewis and Clark Riverboat. As a matter of fact this riverboat is where our adventure begins. This romantic riverboat reminiscent of the mid-1800's will take us on our journey into the heart of the American wilderness.

The Thomas Jefferson Boathouse is where the Lewis and Clark Riverboat calls home. It is here where it picks up passengers for its journey around the river. Filled with various nautical artifacts and old paintings the boathouse is somewhat of a delight for guests such as ourselves, keeping us entertained while waiting for our adventure to begin.

At the end of the winding halls of the boathouse is a small sheltered dock where we board (And exit) the massive riverboat. Assuming the boat has pulled into the dock and emptied its load, we shall board the boat and take our seat at the very front of the ship, sitting in a very comfortable chair, one of many that can be found about the lower deck. As we begin to depart our captain greets us from his stationing. From this point on we will listen to our captain's narration as he points out the various sights and sounds around the frontier. Don't worry he knows all there is to know about these waterways so there's nothing to fear...hopefully.

"Secure all cargo! All passengers aboard! Sound off!"

"By the Mark...Mark One...Mark Twain!"

(Dixieland music begins to play in the background as our actual captain begins to speak to us)

"Howdy folks! Welcome aboard the Lewis and Clark Riverboat! We're now leaving on a journey up the Rivers of the Frontier and into the wilderness of this brave new world. For your safety, I highly recommend keeping your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the boat at all times. And please be sure to keep an eye on your children, we wouldn't want to lose any of you, now would we? Oh yes and please no smoking aboard the boat, we don't want to start any forest fires now, do we?"

(The boat begins to pass the Frontierland mainland)

"Over to your left you can see Big Thunder, the cutest little town on this side of the Mississippi. Why back in its glory days this ship used to bring goods from all across the country into this town, providing the settlement with food and other necessary provisions for days and days. After that devastating earthquake years ago, the town hasn't been doing all so great. Now this old riverboat carries passengers across the water rather than cargo. All of our other routes leading across the country were blocked off in the quake which only allows us to run in a circle around Big Thunder Mountain. All of our water-bound trade was cut off from the rest of the world thanks to the disaster. Oh well, at least we can still catch a glimpse of the natural beauty and wonder surrounding the place.

(A coyote can be seen and heard howling from Big Thunder Mountain)

"Over on your right you can see Big Thunder Mountain! Some folks say that mountain is haunted by the spirits of long-dead miners but I think that's just a bunch of hogwash...an old superstition. Some even say that abandoned mine trains run about the tracks as if they were possessed, but that's only an urban legend...or is it?

I've often heard it said that a great beast lives deep within the heart of the mountain. Something the natives call the 'Thunderbird,' the very cause of all Big Thunder Country's problems! Just hearing that name makes one's spine tingle with fear! Oh well, I don't believe that either, just some make-believe story...a fairytale if you ask me!"

(Passing the Last Chance Outpost we begin to head out into the true wilderness. A large waterfall runs down the side of Big Thunder Mountain as two coyotes drink from the rocky pool below. One coyote looks up at the passing boat with wonder)

"We're now entering the true wilderness where you may run into some pretty savage critters, such as coyotes, mountain lions, bears, and bobcats! Over there you can see two coyotes enjoying the fruits of mother nature. Drink up fellas, there's plenty of water for all! They call those falls 'Twin Sister Falls,' I reckon its because they're always babbling."

(Several deer appear in the forest across the way looking up in shock at the boat. A rock formation shaped like the Thunderbird appears in the side of Big Thunder as the crushed remains of a crashed mine train lie at the base of the mountain. The train's front lights occasionally flicker on and off)

"Over there is a crashed mine train, more than likely the result of an earthquake or landslide. The poor engineer probably never had the chance to escape. Oh well, perhaps this can be a lesson for you all: Never journey out into the wilderness alone!"

(Further along the way is a very lost pair of Conestoga Wagons, both crashed and fallen to the floor, all of their contents spilled out upon the barren path. On either side of the wagon rest a woman with two children while two men argue with each other at the center of the crash. Evidently the two covered wagons crashed into each other at the crossroads as a result of unsafe driving. A pair of cows that were pulling the wagons appear to be laughing at their owners' misfortune along with a nearby dog, mocking the foolishness of their owners)

"Well there's a sight you don't see every day! Looks like those animals found their laughing place!"

I will go into more detail about the river adventure much later on.

Author's Note: I owe credit to Big Disney Fan over at Visions Fantastic for creating the name "Rivers of the Frontier" in a Disneyland Germany thread.

PLEASE RESPOND, I REALLY WANT TO HEAR YOUR FEEDBACK!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Hi-ho, Kermit the frog here, I have my dream Disney resort for Hawaii here:

Harvest Treasure Promenade
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Harvest Treasure Promenade
Jim Henson's Muppet-Vision 3D
Journey Into Imagination
Walt Disney: One Man's Dream featuring the American Adventure
Hawaii Screamin'
Celebrate Magical Moments Parade
Harvest Treasure Electrical Parade
Celebrate -A Street Party!
Father's Day Home Improvement Power Parade (summertime parade)
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parade (winter parade)
Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Parade (autumn parade)
Fantasyland
Cinderella Castle
Cinderella Castle Walkthrough
Cinderella's Surprise Celebration
Mickey Mouse Revue
Rock Candy Mountain
Storybookland Canal Boats
Peter Pan's Flight
Snow White's Scary Adventures
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Adventure
Dumbo's 3-Ring Circus
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Pixie Hollow
Rainbow Road to Oz
Alice in Wonderland
Mary Poppin's Jolly Holiday
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
King Arthur's Golden Carousel
Alice's Tea Party
Dragon's Lair
The Old Mill Ferris Wheel
Casey Jr. Circus Train
it's a small world
Maelstrom
Magic Journeys
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Skyway to Tomorrowland
Imagine...A Fantasy in the Sky!
True Life Adventureland
The Penguin Tiki Room Under New Management
Jungle Cruise
Tarzan's Treehouse
Indiana Jones & the Lost Treasure of Atlantis
Fire Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
TriceraTop Spin
The Excavator
Grande Fiesta Tour starring the Three Caballeros
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Shrunken Ned's Junior Jungle Boats
Festival of the Lion King
DisneyNature's Earth
Flying Carpets Over Agrabah
Westernland
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Toy Story Midway Mania!
Haunted Mansion
National Treasures
Mark Twain Riverboat
Abraham Lincoln Riverboat
Native American Village
Legends of the Wild West
Lewis and Clark River Expedition
Rainbow Mountain Stagecoach Ride
Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Revue
Fantasmic! (DHS version)
Mickey's Tri-Circle B Ranch
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Westernland
Critter Country
Splash Mountain
Pooh's Hunny Hunt
Little Patch of Heaven Petting Farm
The Living Seas with Nemo & Friends
Dinsoaur!: A Countdown to Extinction
Tomorrowland
Space Mountain: From the Earth to the Moon
WEDWay PeopleMover
Plectu's Fantastic Intergalactic Revue
Backstage Studio Tour: The Magic of Movies!
Cosmo Jets
General Electric Carousel of Progress
ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club
Circle-Vison 360 presenting O Canada! & Reflections of China
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Flight to the Moon
America Sings
Transportarium
Continental Dreamflight
Flying Saucers
Hall of Chemistry
House of the Future
Meet the World
Muppet Mobile Labs
Push the Talking Trash Can
UFO Zone
Star Tours II: Pod Racers
Grande Circuit Speedway
Starcade Game Zone
Captain EO
Soarin' Over the World
Test Track
New Horizons
CommuniCore
Ellen's Energy Adventure
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Living with the Land
Cranium Command
Fashions & Fabrics Throughout the Ages
Sci-Fi Zoo
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts History Museum
Toy Story Funhouse
Ice Station Cool
The NASA Space Experience
Dinseyland-Boeing (Honolulu Disney Resort) Monorail System
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Tomorrowland
Mickey's Toontown Fair
Mickey's House
Minnie's House
Donald's Boat
The Barnstormer at Goofy's Farm
Roger Rabbit's Car-Toon Spin
Disney's Afternoon Avenue
The Gag Factory Tour & Shoppe
Judge's Tent
Toon Park
Radiator Springs Racers
Playhouse Disney -Live on Stage!
Animagic! (Animagique!)
Mickey's Magical Party
Santa Fe & Disneyland Railroad Mickey's Toontown Fair
Other Attractions
Bilzzard Beach Water Park
Disneyland Motel
Disney Village (Downtown Disney)

OMG! I'm making Hawaii Disneyland using this program called Roller Coaster Tycoon 3! I'm going to steal your ideas! :p

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Update!

Finally after several days (Possibly even weeks), I'm going to update this thread!

So I am currently in the process of creating the soundtrack for one of my park's attractions. What that attraction is I'm going to leave it a secret, but trust me you won't be disappointed! It's going to take me a while, but it will work out in the end. Please stay tuned so you can listen to it!

By the way the attraction will be featured in a land I haven't covered yet: Hollywoodland. It is an old favorite that is guaranteed to be an instant classic at this park just as it is at every other park around the world.

It will be posted to YouTube so I am making it on Windows Movie Maker. Please remember that Windows Movie Maker has the tendency to freeze up a lot so it may take me even longer to complete the project than it seemed like I would.

So in the meantime, please go ahead and try to guess what attraction I'm trying to make the soundtrack for! If you guess correctly then you get to come up with your own attraction for Tomorrowland once its time comes around! Alright-y-then, it's time to let the games begin!

ScorpionX

OMG! I'm making Hawaii Disneyland using this program called Roller Coaster Tycoon 3! I'm going to steal your ideas! :p
I have lawyers. :fork:
Finally after several days (Possibly even weeks), I'm going to update this thread!

So I am currently in the process of creating the soundtrack for one of my park's attractions. What that attraction is I'm going to leave it a secret, but trust me you won't be disappointed! It's going to take me a while, but it will work out in the end. Please stay tuned so you can listen to it!

By the way the attraction will be featured in a land I haven't covered yet: Hollywoodland. It is an old favorite that is guaranteed to be an instant classic at this park just as it is at every other park around the world.

It will be posted to YouTube so I am making it on Windows Movie Maker. Please remember that Windows Movie Maker has the tendency to freeze up a lot so it may take me even longer to complete the project than it seemed like I would.

So in the meantime, please go ahead and try to guess what attraction I'm trying to make the soundtrack for! If you guess correctly then you get to come up with your own attraction for Tomorrowland once its time comes around! Alright-y-then, it's time to let the games begin!
I have five guesses:
  • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
  • Jim Henson's Muppet-Vision 3D
  • Great Movie Ride
  • Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
  • Star Tours

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
List of Attractions

Well one of your attractions was a pretty close guess Kermit but none of the others were. As a prelude of things to come, only two of the rides you even mentioned will actually make it into the final park. So just keep guessing everyone and eventually you'll get it!

So I was a little bit concerned that my park would contain TOO many attractions, so I decided to flesh out a list of what I have so far. But you must remember that I am trying to make a theme park that can take up one's entire day through everything it has to offer. So here is a list of what I have so far, so this excludes Critter Country, Fantasyland, Hollywoodland, and Tomorrowland. I removed Toontown from the roster long ago since I decided to morph it in with Hollywoodland in a way.

1. Disneyland Railroad
2. Horse-Drawn Streetcar
3. Main Street Cinema
4. Penny Arcade
5. The Jungle Cruise
6. Tropical Serenade
7. Raging Spirits
8. Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Nightmare King
9. Pirates of the Caribbean
10. The Wicked Wench
11. Rafts to Big Thunder Mountain
12. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
13. Lewis and Clark Riverboat
14. Nature's Wonderland
15. Miniature Train Museum

And that's all we have in our park so far. As of right now one could only spend a quarter of the day here. And you also have to remember that not all people try to ride every attraction. So I'll be bringing out a fresh batch of new attractions, shops, and entertainment in no time! I was also trying to make this park have something for everyone and make it not seem "lame" for the modern teenager. So I made the attempt of putting in a fair amount of thrill rides for them to enjoy. So here are all the rides they will more than likely enjoy:

1. Raging Spirits
2. Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Nightmare King
3. Pirates of the Caribbean
4. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

I promise to add on more thrill rides, it will just take a while. Notice however that I kept the classic family fun as well, which is definitely one of my favorite parts of all the parks. :)

P.S. Don't steal other people's ideas even if you are joking or not. It really stinks finding your own work underneath somebody else's name and have them take all the credit for it. That's happened to me at least five times elsewhere on the internet.

TrevorA

In the Parks
Yes
Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Nightmare King

I can't get past the title of this attraction. "Nightmare", especially when thinking of Disney, doesn't really have the connotation of adventure and mystery that one is looking for in an Indiana Jones ride. I'll suggest a couple title to back up my critique: Temple of the Phantom King, Temple of the Shadow King or Temple of the Wicked King. You might also try a title without a King, like Temple of the Wandering Souls.

---TrevorA

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I have lawyers. :fork:

I have five guesses:
  • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
  • Jim Henson's Muppet-Vision 3D
  • Great Movie Ride
  • Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
  • Star Tours

and just to let you know, it's just a game going to be posted on youtube :drevil: ALL DONE! :)

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
An Announcement

/\ Off-topic but I love your signature, really funny! :ROFLOL:

Well I'm just going to give away what attraction soundtrack I'm working on: The Haunted Mansion. Rather than having the Tower of Terror in Hollywoodland, I've decided to put in the Haunted Mansion instead. I'm doing this because a fancy Hollywood Hills mansion would fit in perfectly with the rest of the land, especially when combined with all the "Haunted Hollywood" myths and legends. :lookaroun

Also another thing, Hollywoodland won't be a jumbled collection of Hollywood-based attractions like some of you might be thinking. This will be the park's New Orleans Square. While not located along the Rivers of America it will still be the park's fancy land, and its dark side. In Jason Surell's Pirates of the Caribbean book ("From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies") it says that New Orleans Square is the dark side of Disneyland, the opposite of Fantasyland. So with that Hollywoodland will be Fantasyland's darker next door neighbor. To make it apparent the land is a little bit different than the others it will only have two major attractions, very much like Liberty Square and New Orleans Square. A little bit similar to Critter Country at Tokyo and California as well, although the prior only has one major attraction. The Haunted Mansion will of course be one of Hollywoodland's major attractions. Hopefully it will also be a real park favorite! I'm going to place it as close as possible to Fantasyland so it doesn't interfere with the theming of nearby Tomorrowland. I plan on making this land very luxurious and detailed, hopefully what California Adventure's Hollywoodland will look like in the near future!

P.S. This may change over time, keep in mind that I am coming up with this all as I go along. It takes me a very long time to type up my overviews because I come up with it while typing. I wouldn't have thought of the whole Thunderbird thing if it weren't for sitting here at my computer for a whole two hours...or was it four? Nonetheless, please tell me what you think of all this.

ScorpionX

/\ Off-topic but I love your signature, really funny! :ROFLOL:

Well I'm just going to give away what attraction soundtrack I'm working on: The Haunted Mansion. Rather than having the Tower of Terror in Hollywoodland, I've decided to put in the Haunted Mansion instead. I'm doing this because a fancy Hollywood Hills mansion would fit in perfectly with the rest of the land, especially when combined with all the "Haunted Hollywood" myths and legends. :lookaroun

Also another thing, Hollywoodland won't be a jumbled collection of Hollywood-based attractions like some of you might be thinking. This will be the park's New Orleans Square. While not located along the Rivers of America it will still be the park's fancy land, and its dark side. In Jason Surell's Pirates of the Caribbean book ("From the Magic Kingdom to the Movies") it says that New Orleans Square is the dark side of Disneyland, the opposite of Fantasyland. So with that Hollywoodland will be Fantasyland's darker next door neighbor. To make it apparent the land is a little bit different than the others it will only have two major attractions, very much like Liberty Square and New Orleans Square. A little bit similar to Critter Country at Tokyo and California as well, although the prior only has one major attraction. The Haunted Mansion will of course be one of Hollywoodland's major attractions. Hopefully it will also be a real park favorite! I'm going to place it as close as possible to Fantasyland so it doesn't interfere with the theming of nearby Tomorrowland. I plan on making this land very luxurious and detailed, hopefully what California Adventure's Hollywoodland will look like in the near future!

P.S. This may change over time, keep in mind that I am coming up with this all as I go along. It takes me a very long time to type up my overviews because I come up with it while typing. I wouldn't have thought of the whole Thunderbird thing if it weren't for sitting here at my computer for a whole two hours...or was it four? Nonetheless, please tell me what you think of all this.
That is a good clue. Is it the Haunted Mansion?

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Another Announcement

So surprise, surprise, the whole soundtrack thing isn't working out like I wanted it to. So I want be posting that for a long time. Windows Movie Maker really likes to freeze and lock up on me for some reason.

So this means I will be returning to Critter Country possibly today, tomorrow, or Friday. Most likely today since choir show rehearsals are beginning to surface. I think that when I get home I'll start work on it. Remember I'm starting over from scratch on this, so don't think everything is disproportioned and out of place when reading over my next overview. :)

The Haunted Mansion will come up sooner or later (Not for Critter Country of course) but it will be here before you know it. I really am looking forward to that particular attraction, the most advanced technology-wise out of all the mansions and the scariest as well. But keep in mind it will keep all that undead humor that we've all come to know and love.

Anyways in the meantime, how are all you following folks doing today? Anything exciting going on in your life at the moment? :ROFLOL:

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Our concert is Broadway songs, as a whole we're singing a medley of In the Heights and songs from RENT, Spring Awakening, Le Miz (No idea how to spell it), Phantom of the Opera, Wicked, Hairspray, Dreamgirls, Grease, and a couple of other shows that I forget the names of. The Lion King is in there too, just remembered.

I myself am singing a solo for the concert: "My Friends" from Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. I have an incredibly low voice and so does Sweeney (Not the Johnny Depp version) so I should post a video of it if I get filmed, huh?

Sorry to get so off-topic here in a thread that has nothing to do with singing.

Anyways I plan to get back to business this weekend so wait patiently now!

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Critter Country Overview Part One (Revised)

I know I promised to begin work on Critter Country this weekend but I've changed my mind. I might as well get a head start tonight. PLEASE tell me what you all think. I really want to hear some constructive criticism and comments again! I know I shouldn't be begging for reviews but I really like to hear what people think. So please, even if it's only a few words, post a comment in response! Thank you very much for reading my thread though! :)

The smell of fresh earth fills our noses as we look towards the northern region of Frontierland. Before us rests a forested path leading into a dense thicket of pines, ferns, and firs. The sound of relaxing folk music reminiscent of the Old South drifts out from within, almost immediately catching our attention. Following the relaxing music we slowly head towards the path, leaving the dusty paths and dry (Although lush in some cases) forests of the Old West behind us.

The rumbling wheels of the Disneyland Railroad thunder above us as we cross beneath a train trestle and into the world beyond. The luscious trees and foliage surrounding us become a darker shade of green, very reminiscent of the Pacific Northwest. It seems as if we have stepped into the true backwoods of America, never before touched by the hands of man...until now.

Crossing a makeshift wooden bridge and over a rippling stream (Which runs down from a powerful, yet small waterfall) we find ourselves stepping into Critter Country: "A backwoods refuge to those of paws and claws, fur and feather."

This is literally a backwoods oasis, an almost magical realm shaded from the sunlight and filled with a cool and relaxing feel. A literal refuge separating one from the rest of the world. We have been transported back in time to post-Civil War America, in the Old South to be exact. Despite the land's historical setting this world has been transformed by what only Disney can do: This land is inhabited by talking animals, or in the case of souther slang: "Critters." That's right rather than having human inhabitants, this land is overflowing with personified creatures of the southern swamps and forests. Nestled in a lazy corner of the backwoods, this is a world where the alligators, rabbits, bears, opossums, foxes, owls, and frogs are as neighborly as they can be. It celebrates a time when the critters were closer to the folks and the folks were closer to the critters, and you might even say things were better all around. This little area of shady trees and cool streams is the perfect setting for savoring long lazy afternoons and an opportunity to simply delight in the down-home country atmosphere.

In Critter Country, it's always one of those zip-a-dee-doo-dah days - the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumpin' right out.

Critter Country is literally a paradise: Overflowing (No pun intended) with cool streams, babbling brooks, and rushing waterfalls, filled with the fresh scent of pine and the great outdoors, and the dwellings of various critters and other such creatures. A tree-house can be seen looming high above us in a giant gnarled-up tree as a small cabin with a smoking steel pipe chimney halfway inside a large rock rests alongside a slow-moving crystal-clear stream. Mountainous hills of mud topped by mossy grass also tend to appear all about the place, all eventually leading up to Critter Country's main attraction: Splash Mountain...but more on that later...for now we will continue our explorations elsewhere...

A collection of various shops and cabins appear about the place, this time human-sized (Or bear-sized, who knows). Well whatever size it was intended for, all critters below the height of eight feet can enter. Each and every building here has all the comforts of southern hospitality (Kind of) each one offering something for almost everyone. Each building is connected into a row, the row making somewhat of a square. It is here where one can find the Critter Country Hotel, Town Hall, the Miner's Union, and the Beaver Bros. Logging Co...unfortunately none of these businesses are accessible to us...they are all up on the second floor which can't be reached by human hands...the gateway leading upstairs is locked and it would take a mighty powerful critter to hop or climb all the way up there. Oh well...one cool thing to take note of is that Town Hall's top spire can be seen all the way from Raging Spirits in Adventureland on a clear day.

However there are some parts of the structure accessible to us.

Here we can find The Rabbit Trapper, a place where such critters as Brer Fox and Brer Bear would hit up to purchase some goods needed for their next hunt. Unfortunately the humans running the place only sell hunting gear to carnivorous critters with a license to hunt. Instead we can only purchase clothes and knick-knacks here. But I guess that's pretty cool right? Next door is the Bathhouse, which is actually a cleverly disguised restroom facility. Its title from the outside reads "Baths 5 Cents," a cool little detail that may be easily passed up by guests. Next door to that and beneath Town Hall is the Mile Long Bar and a small eatery which actually seems as if it is a "mile-long." This effect is accomplished by one big mirror placed at the end of the bar which makes it seem as if the bar never ends. And to top that off another mirror rests on the other side of the bar making the bar seem nearly infinite! The infamous three famous trophy heads Melvin, Buff, and Max "hangout" at the back of the bar, singing, and making comments every now and then to the customers. These heads can be found elsewhere in Critter Country, in a certain playhouse just down the street. The final addition to this collection of shops and other facilities is the Ursus H. Bear Wilderness Outpost. Founded by a Mr. Ursus H. Bear many years ago before the war, this outpost was apparently a sign of warmth and hope to many weary travelers and pioneers. Just past the wood carvings of bears and other critters is a large retail shop selling a wide variety of different things, including stuffed animals, beanie babies, action figures, play-sets, books, snacks, and other forms of Critter Country memorabilia. A roaring fireplace rests in the very back of the room, warming guests up from the cool air of the surrounding wilderness and great outdoors.

Well that's all I got for now, please tell me what you think! :p

hack2112

Our concert is Broadway songs, as a whole we're singing a medley of In the Heights and songs from RENT, Spring Awakening, Le Miz (No idea how to spell it), Phantom of the Opera, Wicked, Hairspray, Dreamgirls, Grease, and a couple of other shows that I forget the names of. The Lion King is in there too, just remembered.

I myself am singing a solo for the concert: "My Friends" from Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. I have an incredibly low voice and so does Sweeney (Not the Johnny Depp version) so I should post a video of it if I get filmed, huh?

Sorry to get so off-topic here in a thread that has nothing to do with singing.

Anyways I plan to get back to business this weekend so wait patiently now!
Shorthand it's spelled Les Mis (I just finished doing it at school myself).

Also, as a side note, every show you've mentioned I have seen. (I've actually seen In the Heights three times)

I'm just a bit of a theater geek.

MANEATINGWREATH

Original Poster
Ya from that list I've only seen Wicked, Lion King, and that's it...I watched Sweeney Todd on YouTube (The Broadway touring group of 1981 or something with George Hearn and Angela Lansbury in it and the 2005 revival. I also watched some parts of the 2000-something concert version). I also saw Avenue Q live but that wasn't on the list. I'd like to see the rest of the shows live someday or at least direct them (I want to be a drama teacher).

I'm a humongous fan of the arts, especially drama and choir. I've been the lead in two shows now, and it is one of the greatest feelings in the world to get up there on stage and just make magic. Just make the dream of you and your fellow actors and actresses come to a reality. In the past I've been in Scrooge, Oklahoma!, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum, Shakespeare in Hollywood, and The Laramie Project. I was also in a couple of church shows as well along with a bunch of competition scenes and whatnot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom