Dream A Little Dream - A Pre-Honeymoon Trip Report

In 30 short days, I will be getting married and in 31 days I will be boarding the Disney Dream to begin my honeymoon with my husband! Yikes! :eek: :D

A Little Introduction
Since this is a honeymoon trip, it will just be my fiancé, Wes and me (Ashley). Last December we took a trip to the World and Wes proposed in front of the Christmas tree outside the Boardwalk Resort where we were staying. It was an amazing trip! It was my first time to see all of the Christmas decorations. It’s such a great time of year to go and now it will have an even more special place in my heart.

Photo0143FourBySix-3.jpg

us lovebirds on our December trip last year

I had always told Wes that I either wanted to be proposed to, married in, or honeymoon in Walt Disney World. Of course I was really happy after the proposal but I was still pushing for honeymooning in Disney World. Wes wasn’t too thrilled about going because he wanted to go somewhere new and exciting and somewhere we had never been before. Well, luckily Wes’ dad came to the rescue! He suggested that we go on a Disney Cruise! Brilliant! And best of all, he was going to be paying for it with his DVC points. The plans were set and we were going to be cruising on the Disney Dream for our honeymoon! Since the cruise was only 4 nights, I suggested that since we were already going to be in Orlando, we might as well stay a few nights in Disney World. :D

So our Disney honeymoon was booked! While we are in Disney World, the Food and Wine Festival will be going on at Epcot so we decided that instead of doing our usual park hopping, we will be spending 3 days at Epcot to enjoy the festival. Neither of us have ever been before so we are both really looking forward to it. Wes wanted to try to do some more “grown up” things during this trip since it is our honeymoon and what is more grown up than some food and wine?! Despite trying to be more “grown up” this trip, we are honeymooning in October so we just couldn’t pass up a trip to the Magic Kingdom for MNSSHP! :lol: And Wes even agreed to get some costumes to wear to the party! Since we knew we would be going to Epcot the majority of our trip, we decided that we should stay at an Epcot resort. We decided on the Beach Club since we have never stayed there and it is such a short walk to Epcot.

Here are the current plans for our honeymoon

October 23rd – Board the Disney Dream
It’s up bright and early for us the day after our wedding to catch our 9:35am flight to Orlando then it’s off to the Dream. That should be really fun after our reception ends at midnight. :eek: But we will be okay because we can nap by the pool on the Dream! :D

October 24th – Nassau
Wes and I decided not to get off the ship when we make port in Nassau. I have been to the Atlantis before with my old job and I have some not so fond memories of the place so I really had no desire to go back. So we decided to save some money and stay on the ship to enjoy all that the Dream has to offer. We are going to take advantage of the spa and get a couple’s massage!

October 25th – Castaway Cay
Very excited for this day! Wes wanted to go parasailing so I caved and said okay. Has anyone been parasailing in Castaway Cay? I am a little nervous about it but I figured that if we were going to do parasailing, Disney would be the best bet for safety. Here’s hoping I’m right. :lookaroun We also plan on renting some snorkel gear, floats, and just relaxing the majority of the day. We also have a dinner reservation at Palo this night. Very excited for some adult only dining!

October 26th – Full day at Sea
Nothing planned but lounging by the pool, checking out the ship and relaxing.

October 27th – Leaving the Dream and Arriving at the World
We leave the ship early in the morning and make our way to the Beach Club to begin our WDW part of the honeymoon. Tonight we will go to MNSSHP. We have an early dinner reservation at Tony’s Town Square. We have never eaten there before and I have heard very mixed reviews. I decided to finally try it so I can decide for myself.

October 28th – 30th – Wining and Dining at Epcot
For the last three days of our honeymoon we will be hanging out at the Food and Wine Festival. In addition to the Food and Wine Festival, we decided to go ahead and get the Deluxe Dining Plan! We’re on our honeymoon. We might as well splurge, right? :D I am really looking forward to all of the food! There is no more worrying about fitting in a wedding dress so we are going all out in the food department.

On the 28th we have breakfast reservations at the Kona Café where I can finally try some Tonga Toast! I am so looking forward to this!! We also have dinner reservations at Jiko, which is Wes’ favorite restaurant.

On the 29th we have breakfast at the Cape May Café, lunch at Via Napoli, and dinner at the California Grill, which is my favorite restaurant. I told you there would be a lot of food this trip!

The 30th, the last day of our honeymoon, we have lunch at Le Cellier before having to head to the airport and back to the real world. :cry:

That’s it. We are 30 days out until the wedding and there are still lots of little details left to do. As much as I am really looking forward to the wedding…I kind of also can’t wait until it’s over because that means we are heading for the honeymoon! Woo hoo!

Even though we aren’t having a Disney wedding, we are incorporating some Disney elements that I will share later. Right now, its time for Project Runway! Thanks for reading!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Yay! A trip report! Can't wait to read all about it, Ashley!!:)

Thanks Tammy!! We can't wait. This whole wedding planning thing is really stressful so I'm really looking forward to a vacation.

Have a great time! I am looking forward to reading your report when you get back!!

Thanks Kristia. We are really excited for this trip. And look forward to a ton of food pictures in the trip report! Is it sad but I think I am looking forward to the the food the most for this trip. :lol: So excited!

Sounds like a blast! You guys will have a great time!! Glad you got the proposal and the honeymoon in Disney! :)

Thanks! I was so excited when Wes proposed in Disney. I really didn't think I would be able to get him to spend our honeymoon there too. I can't believe that in just 30 days we will be boarding the Dream!

Disneydreamer23

In 30 short days, I will be getting married and in 31 days I will be boarding the Disney Dream to begin my honeymoon with my husband! Yikes! :eek: :D

A Little Introduction
Since this is a honeymoon trip, it will just be my fiancé, Wes and me (Ashley). Last December we took a trip to the World and Wes proposed in front of the Christmas tree outside the Boardwalk Resort where we were staying. It was an amazing trip! It was my first time to see all of the Christmas decorations. It’s such a great time of year to go and now it will have an even more special place in my heart.

planning a honeymoon and wedding is ubber hard aint it ? im getting married oct 28 and honeymoon the 29-nov 12 :)

erstwo

How exciting! By your picture, you must have been at WDW the same time as we were last December - it was freezing! :D

I didn't go parasailing at Castaway Cay, but I think you're right about the safety. There were all kinds of staff out in/ on the water - even a lifeguard way out in the middle of the snorkeling area. A big storm came in the afternoon and there were several CM's leading groups of jet skiers back in to safety.

Best wishes to you both!! And can't wait to read your TR.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster

A Little Introduction

planning a honeymoon and wedding is ubber hard aint it ? im getting married oct 28 and honeymoon the 29-nov 12 :)

it is really hard to plan a wedding and a honeymoon! I don't think people realize how much planning goes into a wedding. I have hardly had any time to plan our honeymoon like I would normally plan one of our Disney trips. Congrats on your wedding!! Are you all honeymooning in Disney?

How exciting! By your picture, you must have been at WDW the same time as we were last December - it was freezing! :D

I didn't go parasailing at Castaway Cay, but I think you're right about the safety. There were all kinds of staff out in/ on the water - even a lifeguard way out in the middle of the snorkeling area. A big storm came in the afternoon and there were several CM's leading groups of jet skiers back in to safety.

Best wishes to you both!! And can't wait to read your TR.

Yes, it was absolutely FREEZING when we went last December. The temperature was in the 30s a lot of the time we were there. I think the last day we were there it got up to the high 50s and it felt so nice! :lol:

I am so glad to hear that the safety at Castaway Cay looks so good. I really did not want to go parasailing but Wes really wanted to. I figured I should be nice and we could do something that he wanted to do. :D

Thanks so much for the well wishes! I am so excited for this trip!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
As I mentioned, we got engaged and are honeymooning in Disney but we decided to have the wedding at home. As much as I would have loved to get married in Disney, we realized that it just wouldn't work for us. For one, we didn't think that enough people would be able to travel to Disney for the wedding. Its been hard enough trying to get Wes' family to drive the 4.5 hours for our wedding, I can't even imagine what it would have been like if we did have our wedding in Disney. So even though we aren't having our wedding in Disney, we wanted to bring some subtle Disney touches to our wedding.

The first Disney touch actually happened by accident. My Mom and I both watch Glee and love the music. She bought the Glee Love Songs CD from Target and one night when we went out to dinner, she had it playing in the car. I recognized one of the songs and was trying to figure out where I knew it from besides Glee. The song was “Dream a little Dream”…where did I know this song from? It’s from Muppet Vision 3D of course! We realized that this would be the perfect song for our first dance! I love Disney and Wes absolutely loves the Muppets, so having this song for our first dance song is the perfect way for us to subtly introduce a little Disney into our wedding. I am sad to say, however, that instead of Miss Piggy singing the song we decided to go the Michael Buble route. We thought Michael Buble might be a little classier. :lol:

We also decided to add a little Disney to our cake. I really love piping work on cakes so I started thinking about what type of design I would want. For the whole wedding we are trying to have a simple, classy, elegant feeling so I wanted to keep that the same for the cake. We decided to go with a white piping on white butter cream and then there would be latticework piping on one tier and Mickey silhouettes on the next tier. Our cake is four tiers so the design will alternate tiers. Since the cake is white on white, the Mickey silhouettes won’t stand out too much but it will be a nice subtle way to show my love for Disney. Then for my bridal shower, Wes’ mom gave us a Mickey and Minnie wedding cake topper. We had already decided on going with flowers on the top of the cake so we are going to have the little Mickey and Minnie cake topper placed on the cake table for another Disney touch.

We’re 27 days out now and my RSVP date is a week away!! I can’t wait until we get all of our RSVPs and I can start working on my seating chart. These last 27 days are going to go by so fast and there is still so much to do but I am so excited!!

Oh and I forgot to mention that we got our cruise luggage tags and little booklet in the mail last week! Woo hoo! :sohappy:

foreverbelle

Pre-Congrats. I am so excited for you...and I know its going to be beautiful!

We honeymooned there, though we didn't get married there, but I think its going to be just as magical as if you had...

Enjoy your disneymoon, and make sure to come back and let us know how it went!

Congrats again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom