DP with AP

LSUxStitch

On our trip in May we rented DVC points and got an AP because we had already planned a trip again in August. We had no issues adding the Dining Plan onto our DVC reservations, but I'm noticing I am unable to add DP through the website when booking room only... I'm seeing conflicting articles online that we can't add it and we should be able to.

So what's the deal? Sorry for the dumb question, we're new to AP.

Sidetwist: We may also be going through a Castmember family and friends room discount also, would that affect our ability to add DP?

Edit: I also realize we are unable to take part in Free Dining :|

FrostyNaples

On our trip in May we rented DVC points and got an AP because we had already planned a trip again in August. We had no issues adding the Dining Plan onto our DVC reservations, but I'm noticing I am unable to add DP through the website when booking room only... I'm seeing conflicting articles online that we can't add it and we should be able to.

So what's the deal? Sorry for the dumb question, we're new to AP.

Sidetwist: We may also be going through a Castmember family and friends room discount also, would that affect our ability to add DP?

Edit: I also realize we are unable to take part in Free Dining :|

The only time i've seen it open up dinning with a room only, is if your booking a passholder promo online.

Seems the system currently only recognizes your an AP holder when you start from a promotional AP booking.

But yes, over the phone they can always accommodate.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Going to throw out the obligatory comment about looking into TiW before buying the DP. Especially with 2 trips it might be a vastly better value for you.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Going to throw out the obligatory comment about looking into TiW before buying the DP. Especially with 2 trips it might be a vastly better value for you.

Though if they've already taken a trip on their AP and paid for the Dining Plan rather than getting a TiW card, that'll eat into the potential savings they could have realized across all of their trips.

-Rob

Upvote 0

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
Totally understood, but we're on trip 2 of 2 already. I actually started looking into TiW yesterday afternoon and honestly doesn't make sense for us (we're not big alcohol drinkers at dinner, so that point is null).

We don't do the dining plan as a "savings," but more of a convenience of not worrying about paying for the food while there. Sort of feels "free" lol. Plus, I like my stash of snacks I get to bring home with extra snack credits :hilarious:

Upvote 0

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
Just an update.

Was able to get my castmember friend's discount, along with adding dining plan. For anyone trying in the future, just get the castmember to call their hotline and book over the phone. Mine didn't, but I was able to call in and book another over the top and then cancel the one she made for me.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom