Downtown Disney Starbucks to replace Wetzels Pretzels

Bolt

Original Poster
The next Starbucks will start construction in October. Wetzels will move out to make room for it. Two separate kiosks will open selling Haagan-Dazs and Wetzels Pretzels near DisneyQuest. There will also be a Starbucks kiosk near World of Disney.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm having a deja vu moment. This fairly rapid import of Starbucks, in various forms now is reminisced of how McDonalds was imported by Disney from the outside world into their magical world and popped up in the parks, value resort area and DTD. Disney thought McDonalds in WDW was a great idea too.

wogwog

The next Starbucks will start construction in October. Wetzels will move out to make room for it. Two separate kiosks will open selling Haagan-Dazs and Wetzels Pretzels near DisneyQuest. There will also be a Starbucks kiosk near World of Disney.

Stop them! Next the mini golf courses, on board the monorail, add a Starbucks car to the WDW Railroad, one on the Ferry Boats, and.....

cspencer96

Stop them! Next the mini golf courses, on board the monorail, add a Starbucks car to the WDW Railroad, one on the Ferry Boats, and.....
Starbucks kiosks at or near the Monorail stations would actually be incredibly welcome to me ha, love me some White Mocha and a scone in the mornings. And while they're at it, replace every single Espresso and Pastries kiosk with Starbucks too. I'll probably get bashed for saying that, but Starbucks Signature Cocoa on a cold World Showcase night during the holiday season... :hungry:

To clarify: I mean the standalone kiosks, NOT the kiosks specializing in international beverages, etc. That would be downright shameful. i.e. The kiosk near the World Showcase Refreshment Port, TTC, Tower of Terror exit plaza, Future World adjacent to Universe of Energy, etc

wogwog

Starbucks kiosks at or near the Monorail stations would actually be incredibly welcome to me ha, love me some White Mocha and a scone in the mornings. And while they're at it, replace every single Espresso and Pastries kiosk with Starbucks too. I'll probably get bashed for saying that, but Starbucks Signature Cocoa on a cold World Showcase night during the holiday season... :hungry:

To clarify: I mean the standalone kiosks, NOT the kiosks specializing in international beverages, etc. That would be downright shameful. i.e. The kiosk near the World Showcase Refreshment Port, TTC, Tower of Terror exit plaza, Future World adjacent to Universe of Energy, etc

How about in your section at your football stadium? Roll Tide.

cspencer96

How about in your section at your football stadium? Roll Tide.
Don't put UA past it - Bryant Denny is turning into what's basically a lifestyle center when it isn't filled with us Bammers. Interestingly enough, UA is home to the largest Siren-displaying coffee house location in the US at the Ferg.

Scooter

I've never been a fan of Starbucks.....expensive coffee thats wayyyy too strong and wayyy too costly. If anyone here really understands and Loves coffee ,then they get where I'm coming from. OK Starbucks...enjoy your stay....but eventually those people, not unlike myself, will come to realize, that you are what you are.... a flash in the pan, and you are just a fad.

WDW1974

I've never been a fan of Starbucks.....expensive coffee thats wayyyy too strong and wayyy too costly. If anyone here really understands and Loves coffee ,then they get where I'm coming from. OK Starbucks...enjoy your stay....but eventually those people, not unlike myself, will come to realize, that you are what you are.... a flash in the pan, and you are just a fad.

If you believe Starbucks is simply a fad, then you must think the same for everyone from McDonald's to Wal-Mart to ... Yeah ... Disney.

cspencer96

If you believe Starbucks is simply a fad, then you must think the same for everyone from McDonald's to Wal-Mart to ... Yeah ... Disney.
Pssh...it's soooo mainstream. I only drink coffee whose beans have passed through a Civet's digestive system prior to being hand roasted delicately by trained koalas relocated to India :cool:

71jason

There will also be a Starbucks kiosk near World of Disney.

Just a guess, but wouldn't shock me if this was the existing Wetzels kiosk.

Curious that Wetzels/Hagan Daaz is ok with the downsize--one of the few third party DTD businesses that seems to have steady business.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Just a guess, but wouldn't shock me if this was the existing Wetzels kiosk.

Curious that Wetzels/Hagan Daaz is ok with the downsize--one of the few third party DTD businesses that seems to have steady business.
I think both of those locations could still generate the same amount of business from a kiosk. Do they really need that current prime real estate.

harryk

I have split feelings about Starbucks - I can't stand it and neither does my better half.
However, my children simply love Starbucks. What can I do to satisfiy my coffee needs - my better half and I simply love Dunkin Donuts coffee!! Starbucks it tooooo strong, and we find somewhat bitter.
We don't polute our coffee with flavorings and such - just drink it black.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom