Downtown Disney Reopens July 9th - Tracking The Changes & Closures

Stevek

>>Disneyland has tightened requirements on COVID-19 face masks in Downtown Disney with an eye toward strengthening health and safety protocols as three additional locations reopened at the outdoor shopping mall next to Disney’s Anaheim theme parks.

The resort has updated two face covering policies at Downtown Disney to prohibit neck gaiters and bandanas and close the so-called “sip and stroll” loophole.<<
I did see a handful of folks, not many, walking around with their drinks and masks pulled down. It was an easy loophole to get around wearing a mask.

smooch

It was fine. Not worth the price IMO.

Nothing in DTD is. It's all about the convenience of being right outside the parks. Heck, I'm pretty sure I remember grabbing a Jamba Juice last trip I took 2 years ago the evening we arrived when my friends and I took a stroll down DTD and I remember thinking to myself that was the most expensive Jamba Juice order I have had. Unless I'm going crazy and they don't charge more than at other locations? But I'm so used to every franchise in or around DTD charging higher prices that I believe that's what I experienced.

Jiggsawpuzzle35

Went to Naples last night for my sons birthday. It was a pain in the butt for me and my party getting in the parking lot. With the occasional shut down, they waived cars away. When I got to the front after they started waiving cars away, I told them I had reservations at Naples. They wanted an email confirmation but I told them that I called it in since I had a big party. After a minute of him thinking it over, he finally let me in. Repeated the process 2 other times for the rest of my party that came in afterwards. After the initial set back, we had an amazing night out. My son got to pick his gifts at World of Disney and we had an incredible dinner at Naples. It was nice being back at the resort even though the parks weren’t open.

Darkbeer1

Just drove down Disneyland Drive.

Right lane going south backed up to Magic Way.

And the Simba lot was on Pause with APD watching over the traffic.

waltography

I'm surprised (in a good way) that DTD is still relatively bustling; I expected a lack of demand to close parking by now. Wonder if people are merely window-shopping just to get out versus actually spending money, though.

Askimosita

In the Parks
Yes
We went first thing Saturday morning, with no problem parking in Simba, and when we were leaving at around 1pm, the line was SO long waiting to get into the now-paused lot.

I will say, I had the best time going Saturday morning. It wasn’t terribly busy, not terribly hot yet, and all the cast members were cheerful as can be. We got our Earl of Sandwich lunches and walked over to the benches in the esplanade by the Disneyland tickets/ lockers. Sitting there just looking at the park entrance, listening to the music swell, and sitting in privacy away from everyone.... it was something that will definitely get me by. I didn’t even miss the parks being closed because we had that little intimate moment with that carefree Disney feel.

Stevek

Went to Naples last night for my sons birthday. It was a pain in the butt for me and my party getting in the parking lot. With the occasional shut down, they waived cars away. When I got to the front after they started waiving cars away, I told them I had reservations at Naples. They wanted an email confirmation but I told them that I called it in since I had a big party. After a minute of him thinking it over, he finally let me in. Repeated the process 2 other times for the rest of my party that came in afterwards. After the initial set back, we had an amazing night out. My son got to pick his gifts at World of Disney and we had an incredible dinner at Naples. It was nice being back at the resort even though the parks weren’t open.
Happy you had a good experience. Naples is soo good.

SoCalMort

There are probably a handful+ of reasons this couldn't be done...but if it could....would you pay $35afternoon / $45twilight&eve for a slow, two-lap adult only cruise around TSI on the Twain with a trio providing musical accompaniment?

Disney Analyst

There are probably a handful+ of reasons this couldn't be done...but if it could....would you pay $35afternoon / $45twilight&eve for a slow, two-lap adult only cruise around TSI on the Twain with a trio providing musical accompaniment?

Honestly, not a terrible idea. Disney could do dinner cruises. People at seated tables. Or you could even do an outdoor dining event along the ROA, with musicians on rafts floating by.

They could probably charge a decent amount and people would jump at the unique experience.

Could do pop ups like that in different areas.

smooch

Food and service was amazing. I remember my first time there back in 2001 when I worked at Disneyland. Menu has definitely changed. I also remember
them also giving out free bread back then as well.

They don't give out free bread anymore? I have a distinct memory of going to Naples for dinner before going back in the park with my family when I was pretty young (I'd guess around 9-10 years old) and I knew I was gonna get hungry later so I took some pieces of break and put butter on them (I wanna say they were little bread balls?) and then closed them back up sandwich style so there was no butter exposed, I put a few of those into some napkins, then brought them into the park in some cargo pockets. Later we were in line for Pirates and I got hungry and pulled out my bread and butter from my pockets and my family made fun of me for being weird (which I admit it was but I was only like 10) but then asked me for some of my bread. Sorry for the random story, but that's all I can ever think of when I think about Naples in DtD 🤣

TP2000

Original Poster
They don't give out free bread anymore? I have a distinct memory of going to Naples for dinner before going back in the park with my family when I was pretty young (I'd guess around 9-10 years old) and I knew I was gonna get hungry later so I took some pieces of break and put butter on them (I wanna say they were little bread balls?) and then closed them back up sandwich style so there was no butter exposed, I put a few of those into some napkins, then brought them into the park in some cargo pockets. Later we were in line for Pirates and I got hungry and pulled out my bread and butter from my pockets and my family made fun of me for being weird (which I admit it was but I was only like 10) but then asked me for some of my bread. Sorry for the random story, but that's all I can ever think of when I think about Naples in DtD 🤣

Don't be sorry, that's hysterical! And the type of thing that memories are made of.

George Lucas on a Bench

20200728_142641.jpg

Welcome to the Anaheim Resort, where there's no one around and Disneyland theme parks are abandoned while old banners advertise Star Warsian additions that even fewer people can enjoy now than when they originally opened. They seem to have cursed the DLR.

smooch

View attachment 487221

Welcome to the Anaheim Resort, where there's no one around and Disneyland theme parks are abandoned while old banners advertise Star Warsian additions even less people can enjoy now than when they originally opened. They seem to have cursed the DLR.

Even after all the photos that I've seen it's still incredible to see that area completely empty. Heck even in the middle of the night when the parks are closed and people have already gotten back to their hotel rooms there's still some sort of night life, or heck even cars driving through the area. It looks like a genuine apocalypse has happened that the area surrounding Disneyland Resort is completely empty in the middle of the day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom