Downtown Disney or Disney Springs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WDW95

Original Poster
Which name do you think is better for Walt Disney World's dining, shopping, and entertainment complex?

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
I think Disney Springs will just be the name for the whole new section not the whole area. Kinda like Pleasure Island and Downtown Disney. Its pretty much taking up where Pleasure Island was. :)

ToyStoryMiss

Downtown Disnet FTW.
Disney Springs is just..no. If it's for the one section, that's one thing. But renaming the whole thing Disney Springs? Nope. Nopenopenopetynopenopenope. I like my WDW classic. None of this Disney Springs or FastPass+ crap. :grumpy:

NeedMoreMickey

It will always be Downtown for me just like People Mover was always People Mover and HS is MGM. Maybe they thought Disney Springs looks better on the bus signs still just a place to shop.

Some people still call Riverside by its original name--Dixie Landings. TTA is Wedway People Mover to some (I'm guilty of this one--to some degree). I suspect it will be the same with Downtown Disney, or even Lake Buena Vista Shopping Village. On and on it goes as Disney renames things.

As for me, whether or not I think Disney Springs is more appropriate for the newly re-imagined Downtown Disney is something that will have to wait until I see Disney Springs upon its completion. It is hard to imagine until the Springs are in place anyways.

Prince-1

It will always be MGM to me and it will always be Downtown Disney. Disney Springs sounds like a South Florida retirement home.

"Attention Disney Spring residents...it is now 4pm, time to take your meds, change your depends, and dinner is now being served."

imagineer boy

Downtown Disney is easily better. It instantly evokes an up scale shopping area with dining and entertainment with a modern Disney twist. Disney Springs sounds like a retirement villa. There was really no need to change the name.

LivFreeorDisney

I like the name downtown when it was a place where you could hit the bars and dance clubs. But now that its being turned into a strip mall, I say retire the name and memories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom