Downtown Disney hotel suggestions

onesandzeros

I've stayed at the Best Western and Royal Plaza. The price was right at the BW, but I didn't care for it. Felt the room and pool area was in need of refurbishing. The Royal Plaza room and pool area was nice. The lobby had some Disney theme, but nothing like an on-property resort. As far as cost goes, be sure to check for resort fees. I think
the Royal Plaza is $16+ per day added to the room cost. MouseSavers.com has some good info on DTD hotels and specials ...... check it out.

Upvote 0

Alison1975

We stayed at the doubletree suites in Sept..just one night. It was sufficient. Clean, roomy rooms.. we paid $89 a night.. was just about $115 with fees and parking. We were able to walk to DTD.

Upvote 0

bcoachable

Original Poster
Good stuff to know!!
Can anyone tell me about how their shuttles work?
Are they comparable to the Disney resort bus system?
How did your group get tickets? Was the price of the ticket the same as if you get a package with Disney?

Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

Years ago we stayed a few nights at the former Courtyard (Holiday Inn now I think), and took the shuttle bus to the parks. At that time the bus service was about 1 bus per hour, and only went to certain parks (next bus, next hour, different parks). The next year we stayed off site again (over near the convention center) and they had a free shuttle, but we preferred to drive and pay to park for being able to come and go on our schedule. The Disney bus system is superior to the offsite services, but that is typically reflected in the higher price you pay for onsite room rates. Tickets can be purchased at the gate, or online, either through Disney, or one of the authorized ticket sells.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

Stayed at Royal Plaza a few years back. We had a pool side room with sliding doors leading to a private patio along the side of the pool. Room was a good size. Loved it!!. Buses ran about every hour and were nice cushioned seat ones. Price was not much cheaper than a value though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom