Downtown Disney expansion to be officially announced Tuesday 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Any idea if its basically just the plans for Disney Springs we've all seen?
The plans leaked are not the final plans, but contain a good amount of what will be announced. The main difference of course will be that the plans will be officially detailed, and I am sure we can expect some real concept art, and some of the vendors to be confirmed.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
TravisMT81 mentioned in another thread that Tom Staggs is in town. He was significant in making this project so much bigger than Hyperion Wharf was going to be - so will be interesting to see if we hear directly from him on this one.

andyman8

Hello, everyone! I'm a bit new here, but I hope no one minds me commenting on such a major project.

I'm definitely excited about this and am somewhat thrilled that we've really gone from 0 to 60, so to speak, with this project. From leaked plans under a month ago to an official announcement tomorrow.

As for the site plans, being a developer, the ones another site leaked seem to be something that would indeed be used for promotional purposes thus they are very close to the (if not the actual) final plan. When some changes may occur is during construction, but I think tomorrow's announcement will really be just a confirmation of already known information on this overhaul, but for dear god, please keep the name "Downtown Disney".

dreamscometrue

Anyone's who's been on these boards for awhile will be able to predict (or perhaps even write) the reaction of each member on here. That's not a bad thing; we are all just so predictable in our online WDWMagic personas. :) I, for one, am very excited about this, and expect, after the Hyperion Wharf debacle, that construction will start relatively soon.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Anyone's who's been on these boards for awhile will be able to predict (or perhaps even write) the reaction of each member on here. That's not a bad thing; we are all just so predictable in our online WDWMagic personas. :) I, for one, am very excited about this, and expect, after the Hyperion Wharf debacle, that construction will start relatively soon.
Me too.

G00fyDad

Hello, everyone! I'm a bit new here, but I hope no one minds me commenting on such a major project.

I'm definitely excited about this and am somewhat thrilled that we've really gone from 0 to 60, so to speak, with this project. From leaked plans under a month ago to an official announcement tomorrow.

As for the site plans, being a developer, the ones another site leaked seem to be something that would indeed be used for promotional purposes thus they are very close to the (if not the actual) final plan. When some changes may occur is during construction, but I think tomorrow's announcement will really be just a confirmation of already known information on this overhaul, but for dear god, please keep the name "Downtown Disney".

A) Welcome! :D

B) I doubt they will keep the name. Any time they have a major overhaul like this the name gets changed doesn't it? They'll probably change the name for many reasons including marketing.

C) That some big signature ya have. ;)

G00fyDad

I'm kind of excited about this too. Going to DTD is one of the great things about our trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom