Downfall of the American Adventure pavilion

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Advertisement
And there's your problem right there.

DisneyCo's mission is to shove princesses up all our rear ends so far that we're whistling "I'm Wishing" in our sleep, even if it doesn't make any thematic sense.
A dream is a wish your heart makes.

Miss Jennifer

The American Adventure is perfect because they sell giant turkey legs in a cart out front! The turkey is a native American bird.

'Merica!:

View attachment 481081
“For my own part I wish the Bald Eagle had not been chosen the Representative of our Country. He is a Bird of bad moral Character. He does not get his Living honestly. You may have seen him perched on some dead Tree near the River, where, too lazy to fish for himself, he watches the Labour of the Fishing Hawk; and when that diligent Bird has at length taken a Fish, and is bearing it to his Nest for the Support of his Mate and young Ones, the Bald Eagle pursues him and takes it from him.

With all this injustice, he is never in good case but like those among men who live by sharping & robbing he is generally poor and often very lousy. Besides he is a rank coward: The little King Bird not bigger than a Sparrow attacks him boldly and drives him out of the district. He is therefore by no means a proper emblem for the brave and honest Cincinnati of America who have driven all the King birds from our country…

“I am on this account not displeased that the Figure is not known as a Bald Eagle, but looks more like a Turkey. For the Truth the Turkey is in Comparison a much more respectable Bird, and withal a true original Native of America… He is besides, though a little vain & silly, a Bird of Courage, and would not hesitate to attack a Grenadier of the British Guards who should presume to invade his Farm Yard with a red Coat on.”

--Benjamin Franklin

Matt_Black

While Liberty Square is all about Colonial America and the Revolution, The American Adventure spans history from the Mayflower to the present (a much, much bigger picture of US history). Colonial-era America is only one part of it. It also contains scenes about westward expansion, the Civil War, the Centennial of 1876, World War I, the Great Depression and World War II among many other notable historic events and people.
That's what I'm saying. You wouldn't get that impression from the decor or the entertainment. Even the food is a bit cliche, whether it be the old burgers & fries or the new switch to barbecue. Though I'm trying to think of cuisine that's distinctly American that's also not pretending to be something else, like a lot of "Chinese" food such as fortune cookies.

The Reuben Sandwich gets disqualified because of it's reliance on sauerkraut, or as I like to call it, German Misery Cabbage.

tl77

Put Tiana over on Tom Sawyer Island. I don't think a lot of people realize just how massive TSI is.
View attachment 481096

The northern island is big enough that you could fit the entire Haunted Mansion on it with room to spare.
The southern island would be GREAT for Tiana's Palace and a Magic Kingdom edition of New Orleans Square.
It already has the restaurant infrastructure in place thanks to Aunt Polly's.
If people weren't so in love with that riverboat they could add a lot of things in that area of the park. Honestly Magic Kingdom should have a ride about the Princess and the Frog in Frontierland, it should probably have an attraction about Pocahontas and all the great music from that film too... maybe Johnny Appleseed? Paul Bunyan? John Henry? maybe bring back Davy Crockett and Mike Fink? Disney also seems to owns the rights to the Spanish/Mexican hero Zorro as well... So if they want to start celebrating America's ethnic diversity, and America's Fables and Folk Lore, in the American history themed Frontierland? Seems like a good idea to me... but all that would probably be a lot more expensive than re-themeing Splash Mountain...

As far as the American Adventure pavillion goes,? as long as the don't try and replace the show with a Marvel comic's Captain America ride or something, I'm alright with it. The Disney Company used to care about the "real world" like their founder did, now they just sell "escapist fantasy"

Matt_Black

Disney also seems to owns the rights to the Spanish/Mexican hero Zorro as well...
No they don't. Zorro Productions Inc. owns Zorro (theoretically, there have been numerous lawsuits and court cases the past few years).

PurpleMan

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
as long as the don't try and replace the show with a Marvel comic's Captain America ride or something
It's funny you mention him because I watched the first Captain America movie just the other day and thought it would be interesting if Disney built an attraction dedicated to the character. Just don't put it in the American Adventure.

I have only one requirement from the family when we go. American Adventure is it. I am a Marine Veteran and I love the show. When the girls ask why to we go I tell them its to give them an idea on why I served.
Seeing how I'm a Navy veteran, I know the sentiment very well.

FettFan

If people weren't so in love with that riverboat they could add a lot of things in that area of the park.
In the other thread, I proposed ending the dinky little raft ride over, changing the riverboat's track (yes, it's got a track), and putting a second riverboat dock on TSI.

That would draw more visitors I think.

EDIT - As for a Pocahontas ride....that will never, EVER happen.
If you thought Splash was too spicy for its connections to the "Happy Subservient Black Person" stereotype, just wait until you get "Covering up brutal "s" assault from multiple offenders and possible murder with a cheesy love story".

Last edited:

PurpleMan

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
EDIT - As for a Pocahontas ride....that will never, EVER happen.
If you thought Splash was too spicy for its connections to the "Happy Subservient Black Person" stereotype, just wait until you get "Covering up brutal "s" assault from multiple offenders with a cheesy love story and possible murder".
Disney really has to stop appeasing the ❄s. It's hard to have fun these days without of one of them getting "offended."

mdcpr

They should take cues from how Philadelphia, DC and Boston developed their tourism. I'm sure something more historic and uplifting with quality items would change people's views.

Top Bottom