Downfall of the American Adventure pavilion

UNCgolf

Are you joking!? :eek:

The AA is one of WDW's treasures. A brilliant attraction. Technically impressive, rousing and moving. Stately, dignified, even rarified. 😍🤩

You have not been to EPCOT if you have not been to the AA. 🤨
EPCOT has always been my favorite park, even as most of my beloved attractions were eliminated or changed for the worse.

I have never once seen the American Adventure. I honestly don't think I even knew it was there until I started posting here and saw it praised. I will definitely have to do it next time I'm at WDW.

Advertisement
If the American Adventure show was better, the pavilion would be more competitive with the others. I know most people here consider it sacrosanct, but I was underwhelmed when I saw the show several years ago. The storyline seems haphazard, and I can see why historians significantly preferred the Hall of Presidents when Eisner showed them both attractions in the 90s.

Matt_Black

I think a lot of the problem with AA is that much of it feels redundant.

"Bask in the glory of the Colonial-era America and the dreams of the Founding Fathers!"
"Isn't that what we do in Liberty Square over at Magic Kingdom?"
"Yes, but, uh..."

I think the thing that's really selling it short is the entertainment. Get a jazz blues, or ragtime combo in there, because THAT is something that feels both more modern than people in Colonial garb and feels distinctly American.

Miss Jennifer

I'm all for a Tiana's Palace restaurant in the American pavilion--and have been since The Princess and the Frog was first released. As it is, there's no sit-down restaurant in the pavilion and all you can get to eat is the same hamburgers and hot dogs you can get anywhere. If they built a Tiana's Palace, they'd have a great sit-down restaurant with wonderful atmosphere, an authentic type of American cuisine with Cajun/Creole food (pompano en papillote...yum!), and an authentic American art form (jazz music, with maybe an animatronic Louis to complement the live band).

Magicart87

Premium Member
I'm all for a Tiana's Palace restaurant in the American pavilion--and have been since The Princess and the Frog was first released. As it is, there's no sit-down restaurant in the pavilion and all you can get to eat is the same hamburgers and hot dogs you can get anywhere. If they built a Tiana's Palace, they'd have a great sit-down restaurant with wonderful atmosphere, an authentic type of American cuisine with Cajun/Creole food (pompano en papillote...yum!), and an authentic American art form (jazz music, with maybe an animatronic Louis to complement the live band).
Interesting choice. Why not have the restaurant near the Princess and the Frog attraction?

Jon81uk

They got rid of the hamburgers and hot dogs earlier this year, its now BBQ food with a light Sam Eagle theme.
Also given the rest of world showcase is heavy on table service it does no harm to have a large quick service place.

I think a lot of the problem with AA is that much of it feels redundant.

"Bask in the glory of the Colonial-era America and the dreams of the Founding Fathers!"
"Isn't that what we do in Liberty Square over at Magic Kingdom?"
"Yes, but, uh..."
While Liberty Square is all about Colonial America and the Revolution, The American Adventure spans history from the Mayflower to the present (a much, much bigger picture of US history). Colonial-era America is only one part of it. It also contains scenes about westward expansion, the Civil War, the Centennial of 1876, World War I, the Great Depression and World War II among many other notable historic events and people.

Club Cooloholic

How did this end up in the political section? I hang out in that section(yes I got problems lol) and can't see why this thread ended up here already.
POST EDIT: Either it got moved back, or I was seeing things.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Yeah, we kind of skip over that, don't we?

Lessee, American music... Fife and drum.

Check.

Folk songs.

Check.

Rock and Roll.

Check.

Uh... Sorta skipped over the musical genre America is most known for around the world. Wondering why aloud would put this thread back in the Politics Forum. ;)

Miss Jennifer

They got rid of the hamburgers and hot dogs earlier this year, its now BBQ food with a light Sam Eagle theme.
Also given the rest of world showcase is heavy on table service it does no harm to have a large quick service place.
My bad. I haven't been since 2006, for various reasons.

PurpleMan

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I'm all for a Tiana's Palace restaurant in the American pavilion
I say put it next to Splash Mountain since they're re-theming it to that movie anyways.
How did this end up in the political section?
No clue. It wasn't my intention for this thread to turn "political." I'm guessing some America hating liberal mod thought it should be hidden away here. 🙄

FettFan

Put Tiana over on Tom Sawyer Island. I don't think a lot of people realize just how massive TSI is.
TomSawyerIsland.jpg

The northern island is big enough that you could fit the entire Haunted Mansion on it with room to spare.
The southern island would be GREAT for Tiana's Palace and a Magic Kingdom edition of New Orleans Square.
It already has the restaurant infrastructure in place thanks to Aunt Polly's.

MisterPenguin

Rumormonger
Premium Member
Put Tiana over on Tom Sawyer Island. I don't think a lot of people realize just how massive TSI is.
View attachment 481096

The northern island is big enough that you could fit the entire Haunted Mansion on it with room to spare.
The southern island would be GREAT for Tiana's Palace and a Magic Kingdom edition of New Orleans Square.
It already has the restaurant infrastructure in place thanks to Aunt Polly's.
It's not about finding a place for Tiana (though Disney's been promoting her more and more over the years). It's about replacing the characters from Song of the South. They're going. Period. And now, something has to replace them. Oh, hey, Tiana!

FettFan

It's not about finding a place for Tiana (though Disney's been promoting her more and more over the years). It's about replacing the characters from Song of the South. They're going. Period. And now, something has to replace them. Oh, hey, Tiana!
They only need to replace 5 characters. The rest are all from America Sings.

Top Bottom