Down grading our Disney Dining Plan

disneydiva72

We are staying at CBR in Feb, so we qualified for the free DDP, we also qualified for the next tier up on the DDP, I know, shut up and stop complaining. Lol but we actually want the value DDP because we are not fans of having to schedule a sit down dinner every day, we would rather not be on a schedule and just do the quick service....I called and the person I spoke to said we couldnt down grade, but I feel we should be able to, after all we are saving Disney money!
:shrug:

And just so this question is answered, we will not stay at a value because the week we are there the baton twirlers are staying at the value resorts and the last time we stayed at the value resorts the cheerleaders staying there were horrible.

lilclerk

I think the only thing you can do is pay for the dining plan rather than getting it free. Have you priced out getting a room discount and paying for the QSDDP instead?

Upvote 0

The Disney Kid

I feel your pain. I'm vice president of a charity that finances the cheerleaders at our school. We won't stay at the value resorts for that very reason. :shrug:

Upvote 0

graphite1326

We are staying at CBR in Feb, so we qualified for the free DDP, we also qualified for the next tier up on the DDP, I know, shut up and stop complaining. Lol but we actually want the value DDP because we are not fans of having to schedule a sit down dinner every day, we would rather not be on a schedule and just do the quick service....I called and the person I spoke to said we couldnt down grade, but I feel we should be able to, after all we are saving Disney money!
:shrug:

And just so this question is answered, we will not stay at a value because the week we are there the baton twirlers are staying at the value resorts and the last time we stayed at the value resorts the cheerleaders staying there were horrible.

I know just what you are saying. We stayed at a moderate resort and had the DDP. We didn't like having to work around our reservation times. I would rather have the value DDP also. We usually have one sit down meal when we go and that is good enough for us. We actually stayed at POP last time so we could have the value plan. Wish I would have known more about it.

Upvote 0

disneydiva72

Original Poster
You can keep the regular DDP and use your TS credits as QS credits. You can also use QS credits for snacks.
I asked that question, because thats what I figured but they told me no! :shrug:

Maybe I should call back and speak to someone else...I just figured she was correct knowing they made a bunch of DDP changes.

Cheerleaders *shivers* it was terrible. :(

Upvote 0

Rob562

I asked that question, because thats what I figured but they told me no! :shrug:

Maybe I should call back and speak to someone else...I just figured she was correct knowing they made a bunch of DDP changes.

Cheerleaders *shivers* it was terrible. :(

I wouldn't trust the CMs on the phone about anything they can't actually book on their computers. They know about the changes to the DDP because that's what they have to know in order to sell it. But most have no in-park experience actually *using* the DDP.

Most of the time you can trade-down your Table Service credits to get a Counter Service. And if you're going during Free Dining (which it sounds like you are), they sometimes even throw in a voucher for 2 extra Snacks each time you do that.

But I would definitely do what another poster suggested: see if there's a percentage-off special offer for the same time that you're going, and see how much it would be to book the cheaper room rate and then add on the DDP. Though I checked a random week in January, and getting the room discount and paying for Quick-Service DDP was $100 *more* than Free Dining. So it might be best to stick with what you have, or book the Room Only and just buy your own food without a Dining Plan of any kind. (The Quick Service is pretty hard to save money on anyway)

-Rob

Upvote 0

disneydiva72

Original Poster
Ok, so I called back and the CM I spoke to said we CAN trade in a tabel service for quick service but its one QS credit for one TS credit, not two QS for one TS which I *thought* how it was 4 years ago when we had it, but I may be mistaken it WAS 4 years ago. Lol. But! Thats fine with us just as long as we CAN trade in the credits in some form we are happy. :) we are not big on the table service and all the running around catching our reservations buisness.

Thank you all for your help. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

disneydiva72

Original Poster
I know just what you are saying. We stayed at a moderate resort and had the DDP. We didn't like having to work around our reservation times. I would rather have the value DDP also. We usually have one sit down meal when we go and that is good enough for us. We actually stayed at POP last time so we could have the value plan. Wish I would have known more about it.

I hate running to a dinner rez after a long day at the park, we enjoy grabbing a burger, bringing it back to the room and relaxing. :)

We did the same...we stayed at a value to get the QS DDP, but it ended up being a cheerleading nightmare. :brick:

Upvote 0

djpoore94

Since it was free just use your TS credits at QS locations. We were on the deluxe plan and used one of our credits at Wolf Gang Puck Express which is a QS location on the dining plan. We also used a credit at The Mara QS at AKL. We didn't have to do anything special or "trade" a TS credit in for a QS credit. We just presented our card and said we wanted to use our dining plan. No questions asked.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Since it was free just use your TS credits at QS locations. We were on the deluxe plan and used one of our credits at Wolf Gang Puck Express which is a QS location on the dining plan. We also used a credit at The Mara QS at AKL. We didn't have to do anything special or "trade" a TS credit in for a QS credit. We just presented our card and said we wanted to use our dining plan. No questions asked.

The Deluxe DDP is a little different, as its credits are just "meal credits" that can be used for any kind of meal, Table or Counter.

-Rob

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Confused Scots Fan?

Hey,Maybe iam reading this wrong,but here in UK if you stay at a moderate hotel you get q/s free dining not the table service,tho you can upgrade,so if we booked CBR we would get q/s,if we opted for deluxe then it would be table service meals,is it different in the US?:shrug:

Upvote 0

Rob562

Hey,Maybe iam reading this wrong,but here in UK if you stay at a moderate hotel you get q/s free dining not the table service,tho you can upgrade,so if we booked CBR we would get q/s,if we opted for deluxe then it would be table service meals,is it different in the US?:shrug:

Disney offers different packages at different times to different regions. I'm guessing the package you're referring to is the one for next autumn. Disney tends to offer UK residents Free Dining for those autumn dates first.
But the current offer available for now through March (and had been available for the end of this year) gives you Quick Service at Values, and the regular Dining Plan at Moderates and above.

Because UK residents apparently plan out their holidays much farther in advance, that's why Disney offers the discounts to you guys first. But here in the US, we sometimes benefit from weak bookings by getting (and being able to take advantage of) shorter-notice discount deals.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom