Doubling the Disney?

WDW95

Original Poster
I was just wondering what everyone thought about "Doubling the Disney" or in others words where one film series is represented in multiple parks? Should all the rides from one franchise be limited to the same park or is it fine that they are spread out?

Here are attractions based on films that are represented in more than one park:

Pirates of the Caribbean (MK) & Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow (DHS)
Under the Sea/Ariel's Grotto (MK) & Voyage of the Little Mermaid (DHS)
Enchanted Tales with Belle/Be Our Guest/Gastons (MK) & Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage (DHS)
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (MK) & Toy Story Midway Mania (DHS)
The Seas with Nemo & Friends/Turtle Talk (EP) & Finding Nemo The Musical - (DAK)
The Circle of Life (EP) & Festival of the Lion King (DAK)

Lexxweb

I personally don't have a problem with it. All of the mentioned properties are really popular, and everybody wants to see them in some form. By spreading out some of the same, this allows guests who can only visit one park a chance to see Ariel or Finding Nemo so they don't feel like they "missed out".

bethymouse

Doubling up on franchise representation only works if each offering is substantially different enough, like the Alice dark ride and teacups. I think 3 WDW attractions showing "Part of Your World" is a bit redundant.
I agree. Sadly, The Little Mermaid is quite represented in the parks now!:( ( almost "over" represented IMHO).
Don't get me wrong. I love Aerial and friends!
It's nice to have a Beauty and the Beast restaurant, Tales w/ Belle, Gaston's Tavern, but I wish they could've done a ride for BATB!:( I guess the crowning glory of the new FL will be the mine train. I can't wait!:eek::D

The Empress Lilly

Pirates of the Caribbean (MK) & Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow (DHS)
Under the Sea/Ariel's Grotto (MK) & Voyage of the Little Mermaid (DHS)
Enchanted Tales with Belle/Be Our Guest/Gastons (MK) & Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage (DHS)
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin (MK) & Toy Story Midway Mania (DHS)
The Seas with Nemo & Friends/Turtle Talk (EP) & Finding Nemo The Musical - (DAK)
The Circle of Life (EP) & Festival of the Lion King (DAK)
Thanks for making that list! I have never seen one of doubled IP-attractions before.

I am not fundamentally oppossed to using IP's over multiple parks. I think. But I am not a fan of it either. It feels like watered down thematic uniqueness. Like WDW is one big blur of similar theme parks. And of hotels!

If we add in AoA we can triple Lion King and Mermaid and Nemo! :eek:

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I don't mind as long as they are not the same ride. In fact, I enjoy doing "similar" rides...like riding DLC's Pirates vs WDW's Pirates and comparing the differences (DLC's is vastly superior in my book...something you won't hear me say often as I'm rabid about WDW).

However, as far as Pirates being based on a movie...at either park...that is something I dispute. And, while I don't mind Jack in the ride, his inclusion really disrupts the whole ride which was so popular that it scrapped the Western River Expansion due to guest/fan pressure at WDW.

I'd say it deserved to be left alone, with maybe Jack added in as an animetronic in a few scenes, but not as the silly plot that it is now.

To me, the attractions would need to fit in the area it's put in and be different. If you have a ride from a movie in one park then a stage show for it in another park, that's not overkill since it's different enough. However, I also feel the attractions need to fit in with where it is put also, like having a Winnie the Pooh stage show in Future World or having a Tron themed attraction anywhere in Animal Kingdom, those just wouldn't make sense. Heck, even having a Finding Nemo musical in Dino Land USA would be just plain sill-oh, never mind...:rolleyes:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

A Monsters Inc ride would be awesome. They can put the laugh lab in the same building and the lines would decrease dramatically on the other rides in the Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom