Don't you ever get sick of the Dis Food after a couple days?

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Ok, I realize there are many people who adore the food. On my last trip, while the atmosphere at most places can't be beat, I found myself desperate for any food non-disney. After awhile the entrees all start to resemble each other, it's not bad, its not great, its just you know your eating Disney food. I think for this reason I really might get a villa next time. We had a car and found it nice to head to say Celebration for a nice Thai Dinner.
Do you guys who can't get enough have some sort of tips for the next trip on how to not keep each meal "fresh"?

Sloan

Candidly, no, that never happens to me. I find that there is so much variety that I never get tired of my Disney dining. I make sure my ADR's will include different offerings: I'll do something like Cali. Grill one night for sushi, flatbreads, etc., Jiko the next for meats like ostrich & wild boar, and Citricos the next for Mediterranean.

I mix up lunches in a similar fashion: I'll do BBQ at Flame Tree one day, a burger from Pecos Bill the next, and turkey and Monterey jack on ciabatta with chipotle mayo from Sunshine Seasons the next.

To be fair, since I'm a relative local, most of my trips are 4 to 5 days max, so I never run out of variety in that limited a time ... however, I feel like even if I moved in there (Golden Oak, perhaps?) I could find so much variety that I'd never tire of it.

StarWarsGirl

Try some different places, as @RandomPrincess said. Epcot is an especially good place to do this since you have all the different countries. Don't be afraid to look at some of the resorts for meals as well, and also Downtown Disney. Some unique places:

Sit down:
1. La Hacienda de San Angel
2. Teppan Edo
3. Boma's
4. Cape May Cafe
5. Nine Dragons (if you want Chinese one night)

Counter Service:
1. Food court at the Land (has some really healthy options)
2. Any country in World Showcase besides American adventure
3. Columbia Harbor House
4. Flame Tree BBQ

Sorry I can't help you with DHS. Unfortunately, the food there isn't all that great.

And no, I never get sick of Disney food;). Actually, with my food allergies, eating at Disney is better.

Sans Souci

It's not that I get sick of it, it's just feel like I've been at a salt lick after eating at some of the WDW restaurants. I do prepare meals for us though, nothing elaborate, just things like hearty salads and lime couscous with mango, guava and pineapple served with a protein. It's all stuff that's ready to eat in less than 30 minutes.

MaxsDad

My wife likes the depenability of that consistency you mentioned.

I only grow tired of the limited offerings at QS establishments. I combat this by trying places that offer more than the burger/fingers/pizza menu. Columbia Harbor, Mara, FlameTree, Sunshine Seasons, Starring Rolls.

DisneyAubs

I mix up lunches in a similar fashion: I'll do BBQ at Flame Tree one day, a burger from Pecos Bill the next, and turkey and Monterey jack on ciabatta with chipotle mayo from Sunshine Seasons the next..

We might be soul mates...those are MY favorite QS meals!!! I have such cravings for that turkey sandwich, which seams so silly because it's just a turkey sandwich. But it is so yummy!

DisneyAubs

OP, has others have said I think the key is to mix up the kind of restaurants you're eating at, both in terms of cuisine and serving style (menu vs. family style vs. buffet) But hey, if you would prefer to cook meals at a villa then that is perfectly fine. Do whatever will make your vacation better for your family!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom