dont want to scare anyone but

epcot71

Original Poster
ive been thinking about this last couple of days,with all that has gone down over last 4 weeks.

there was a guy who has been exposed to anthrax i think a couple of days ago in lantana fla.(near palm beach)-where those guys were trying to get a crop duster.i dont want to be like the media and start false stories but thats kinda freaky that a guy gets sick so close to where those terrorists were trying to get a cropduster-hmmmmmmm

now i was thinking where could a crop duster really do the most damage-do to the fact the distance cant be that far-dont hold alot of fuel.palm beach is about 3 hours away from wdw.and do to the fact that they coudlnt hold to much of anything if they wanted to spread that so it would have to be a place where the people are in close area together that would get sick -go home to all over america and u know the rest---

any input or comments-i hope im being over zealous
disneyland was a target a while back too so thats why i wonder

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
if anthrax were spread via cropduster, then thousands would've been exposed- not to mention the fact that 20% of all cases of anthrax in the US throughout the past 25 years were in FL.

i don't think that this was a terrorist act at all... just a guy who spent too much time sniffing sheep crap.

WDW-Imagineer

This was not a terrorist act. Its an extremely rare case of Anthrax, and had the events on September 11th not happened, nobody would know about this man.

The Mom

Premium Member
Also, according to local news, he was in NC during the estimated exposure time. (based on incubation period) Anthrax, along with Bubonic Plague and other nasties, is rare but still occurs in the US. And mktiggerman is absolutely right; had this been due to terrorism, it would not be an isolated case!

Anthrax occurs among livestock, who are kept in farming areas, where there is cropdusting. Strictly coincidence, at least this time.

epcot71

Original Poster
damn sheep crap!!!!!

thanks for the reassurance-i get too worried over things like that
im leaving for the bahamas in moring and going to disney on way back home for couple of days and heard this and freaked-i guess i saw too many scary things when i was in air force (all those government movies showing results of germ and biological war fare.)
by the way anyone gonna be there thursday????

The Mom

Premium Member
Epcot71, I owe you an apology! I was absolutely wrong about this not being a terrorist act, but still stand behind my advice about your concerns. As recent events have shown, this was not an isolated case, and apparently was a terrorist act. However, unless you are in a targeted area, there is no reason to be alarmed about THIS particular weapon. You have a greater chance of dying on your way to seek treatment than from the disease. Unfortunately, it's bad to be among the first victims of any epidemiological disease...it takes a while to diagnose "unusual" diseases, and is impossible to test for every possibility...treatment is often a trial and error type thing...unfortunately, some illnesses have very vague initial symtoms that are similar to hundreds of other more common diseases, so it's a matter of narrowing it down, and looking for the most likely cause first, then applying the standard treatment.

Anthrax is treatable with a fairly good survival rate ONCE IT IS IDENTIFIED. My advice is to not panic, but to also not ignore any symptoms, and remember that you are still unlikely to be affected.

I am one of the few posters who lived through the polio epidemic of the 50s. It was terrifying...one day your friend would be fine, the next morning she would be in an iron lung or dead...people were literally dropping in their tracks! All of the beaches, amusement parks, theaters,etc were closed. Our nation survived that, and it will survive this. I'm going to continue on with my "normal" life.

hellokitty1

I heard on my local news that
if this were related to the 9/11 attacks
why did they wait so long to take action?
and why just a few letters? They are wondering
if it is some nut case from the US. (not necessarilly american just lives here)

any thoughts?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom