Don't shoot the hippo!

Tramp

Original Poster
Disneyland California just put an end to shooting the hippos on the jungle cruise ride...guess it sent the wrong message to the kiddies...

i thought they stopped that a few years ago at WDW and was surprised they still did it out in CA.

oh well...next will be the end of the shooting gallery in Frontierland. We wouldn't want a youngster growing up with a penchant for shooting flat metal ducks.

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Tramp

oh well...next will be the end of the shooting gallery in Frontierland. We wouldn't want youngster growing up with a penchant for shooting flat metal ducks.

You don't need no stinking gun for the shooting gallery... just take a picture of it with a flash camera.... EVERTHING will go off!!

MrPromey

Re: Re: Don't shoot the hippo!

Originally posted by WDW-Imagineer

You don't need no stinking gun for the shooting gallery... just take a picture of it with a flash camera.... EVERTHING will go off!!

The clerk behind the counter in the convenience store thought the guy looked suspicious when he walked in. He watched carefully as the man walked back to the drink cooler and paused for a moment. "Did he just take something out of his pants" the clerk wondered as a tear of sweat made it's way slowly down his face. The unknown suspect swayed towards the counter while the clerk shook nervously with his hand on the silent alarm... Suddenly there was a flash of light and hours later, back at the police station, the poor clerk in shock, could only mutter the words "CHEESE!!!!"... What has this world come to? eek:

mightyduck

Disneyland California just put an end to shooting the hippos on the jungle cruise ride...guess it sent the wrong message to the kiddies...

i thought they stopped that a few years ago at WDW and was surprised they still did it out in CA.

oh well...next will be the end of the shooting gallery in Frontierland. We wouldn't want a youngster growing up with a penchant for shooting flat metal ducks.

Hey! I don't think ANYONE should shoot ducks! :eek:

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
I believe they did this awhile ago. They did this because PETA or some other animal rights activists complained saying it was sending a wrong message to people about not shooting animals. :rolleyes:

lifeguard1020

Yeah, From what i remember they not only stopped shooting the hippo's, but stopped using the guns all together. I know they used to have a code system where two shots means everythign was fine, one meant like a passener needed help and three meant there was something wrong with the boat. Not sure if that was it exactly, but i remember reading that on the box of blanks once while riding it. Ah memories........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom