Don't know if this is a good omen or coincidence...

slappy magoo

Like a lot of you I've been trying to get in somewhat better shape in anticipation of the next trip. Hopefully unlike a lot of you, I really needed to get my butt in gear before the trip anyway, I got up to near 270 lbs. Been jogging and walking as much as possible to help, including every work day, once I get to Penn Station I walk to work in midtown, then walk back at the end of the day.

Over the past few days, despite temps in the mid-to-upper 80s, I haven't finished those walk dripping in sweat like I just ran a marathon. I'm not bone dry either, but the difference between how those walks were draining me before and now is marked. But I don't know how much of that is the effort I'm making, or if the heat's just been a dry heat, or I'm too tired to sweat.

Down to 244 as of this morning, I hope to be at least down to 235 before the trip...then after the trip get down to, and maintain at, 220.

To that end...no Deluxe Dining Plan this time. Also fewer buffets, though there are still a few, usually breakfasts in parks before they open. Maybe it'll be easier to eat less if I'm not thinking "but I gotta get my money's worth."

JIMINYCR

:depressed::depressed:I couldn't:depressed::depressed::depressed:

The taste definitely takes getting used to but the benefits are worth it if you can stick it out. I hated the taste even with the advice of mixing in honey and lemon juice. Started to make me gagg and didnt think I could continue with it. Then I got the brilliant idea of cutting out the honey and lemon juice and just added in the MIo that I use to flavor my water. It completely masks the vinegar taste and makes it much easier to swallow. Seen a drop in my BP, blood glucose numbers improved, and weight come off. So its working for me, Ill keep it going.

I love the stuff! I drink about 2 tablespoons every day!
I'm taking 2 tbs too but before meals and before bedtime. It has increased my pounds coming off better than anything else Ive done in the past. When I reach my goal Ill back off on times I take it.

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

I have a condition where I'm trying to put weight on (gastroparesis), but my diet is mostly liquid. Unless I walk a lot to help the food move (I can eat more on DW trips, because of all the walking. But I get uber tired as well!). My gastroenterologist had me start drinking mint tea twice a day to help with bloating, nausea, and digestion. I chose Twinings mint tea (delicious). He wanted me to steep it much longer than the directions state - so I heat 12oz. for 1min. 20 sec. then put a tea bag in it and put it in the fridge for at least two hours. I do this twice a day, but since it's green tea (sm. amount caffeine) I got the Twinings nightly calm mint tea for evening (decaf. green tea). So I've been doing this for about 6 months - unexpected side effect - I'm losing more weight! My tummy feels better, but I also noticed I'm looking more tone and my stomach is flatter than it's ever been in my life (I do mild exercise so as not to lose muscle tone and get quite a but of protein). Talked to my doc, apparently the tea eats fat, or something along those lines, boosts metabolism. I haven't done anything different (can't, really) other than this tea recipe. Adding this might help some of you, if not it is delicious and refreshing! Also, I sweeten mine with a bit of Stevia.

Upvote 0

slipperalwaysfits

Congrats on losing so much weight for your trip! I hope you'll feel great! I swim laps 30 minutes a day and have just started doing weightlifting at my gym. Our trip is the end of November so I'm really hoping I'll be able to tell a difference by then! The hardest thing about weight loss and staying fit for me is consistancy in working out! :jawdrop:o_O:banghead:

Upvote 0

HwdStudio

Like a lot of you I've been trying to get in somewhat better shape in anticipation of the next trip. Hopefully unlike a lot of you, I really needed to get my butt in gear before the trip anyway, I got up to near 270 lbs. Been jogging and walking as much as possible to help, including every work day, once I get to Penn Station I walk to work in midtown, then walk back at the end of the day.

Over the past few days, despite temps in the mid-to-upper 80s, I haven't finished those walk dripping in sweat like I just ran a marathon. I'm not bone dry either, but the difference between how those walks were draining me before and now is marked. But I don't know how much of that is the effort I'm making, or if the heat's just been a dry heat, or I'm too tired to sweat.

Down to 244 as of this morning, I hope to be at least down to 235 before the trip...then after the trip get down to, and maintain at, 220.

To that end...no Deluxe Dining Plan this time. Also fewer buffets, though there are still a few, usually breakfasts in parks before they open. Maybe it'll be easier to eat less if I'm not thinking "but I gotta get my money's worth."
Good job! Inspiring!

Upvote 0

HwdStudio

Congrats on the weight loss. I have been struggling with mine for awhile now. I will lose 40 lbs and then gain it right back, which is so frustrating. I am currently doing low carb which is working fabulously for my water retention. Also, I think I have found a breakthough for me personally to help with my eating habits. I'm not sure if any of you have heard of intermittent fasting, but from Sunday night around 7 to Tuesday around 5 I fasted. I drank tons of water and used coffee for my hunger cravings (which weren't bad honestly). I planned on only doing a 36 hour fast, but it ended up being 46. I broke my fast by eating some spinach and some cheese sticks. I was super full after eating such a small amount. I then fasted again for about 20ish hours on Wednesday (pretty much just skipped breakfast and lunch) and again, I ate a small amount and was full. To boot, I lost 7 lbs. I know some was water weight, but some was definitely fat, as I haven't gained it back. I think I may try that every few weeks or so, but it really worked and it showed me that I had self control to keep myself from eating mindlessly. Obviously do not do this if you have diabetes or blood sugar issues, but to me it was worth a try. Also avoid all alcohol. I am pretty sure that alcohol is the reason that I gained most of my 40 lbs back. Just my take on things.
I do intermittent fasting! I heard about it from the doc on the show botched. It really has helped with the stubborn areas.

Upvote 0

I am Timmy

@slappy magoo Congrats!

Someone please tell me more about how to use the Braggs Vinegar.

@I am Timmy , more about this tea please :)
What would you like to know? I generally get my tea from jet.com or tal depot, they have good prices when it's in stock. When I was in DW in Dec., I even found it in AK in the store in Africa! Might have it in Epcot as well, since it's Twinings. My son recently started drinking it as well, he does not even like tea. He has stomach issues, though, he said it's helping so now I have to buy double!

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

@slappy magoo Congrats!

Someone please tell me more about how to use the Braggs Vinegar.

@I am Timmy , more about this tea please :)

You can find lots of reviews and recipes on youtube. Most people start out w/ 1 tbs Braggs and increase to 2 tbs over time. There are varying ingredients people mix it with. The most general recipe used calls for 1 tbs Braggs mixed in 1 cup water, add 1 - 2 tbs lemon juice and honey. Microwave for 30 sec - 1 min. Some people say sip it with a straw, others drink it down. I found the taste hard to take and cut out the honey & lemon juice and switched to using mio water mix to hide the vinegar taste and I tolerate it much better. They recommend brushing yout teeth afterwards because the acidity of the vinegar can harm tooth enamel.
Its helped me lose my excess weight. Ive combined it with dieting and exercise. It has helped when I added it into my weight loss routine because I wasnt losing the lbs as consistently when I wasnt using it.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom