Don't fly till the airlines stop health checks

LovePop

Original Poster
Most people argue about mask requirements in WDW, which is of course a very important subject. There is one point, however, that I haven't given much thought until recently: flying health requirements. Suppose the kids get a cough when it's time to fly. Kids get coughs all the time, and normally, that's not a big deal, but now it's suddenly a huge warning sign that will ban the whole family from flights. Sometimes my kids' coughs can last a week or 2, so then my trip will be delayed or completely ruined. Even worse, this can happen on the return trip so that I will be stuck at WDW, not knowing when I can come back. One can buy insurance to cover the finances, but the vacation is ruined as a result. Note to self: cannot fly anywhere till airlines no longer have health rules.

Weather_Lady

Many airlines (e.g., JetBlue, American) are waiving cancellation/rescheduling fees during COVID (or even permanently), and resorts (e.g., Disney) are pretty sympathetic to medical hardships. If you choose your travel and hotel/ticket bookings with due consideration of which ones offer the most favorable deadlines and policies, if a family member's last-minute illness requires you to postpone your trip, shuffling your travel plans around will be far less painful these days than before the pandemic. Failing that, there's always travel insurance to cover cancellations for medical reasons.

Last edited:

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Don't fly with kids. Problem solved.
Z(2).jpg

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Most people argue about mask requirements in WDW, which is of course a very important subject. There is one point, however, that I haven't given much thought until recently: flying health requirements. Suppose the kids get a cough when it's time to fly. Kids get coughs all the time, and normally, that's not a big deal, but now it's suddenly a huge warning sign that will ban the whole family from flights. Sometimes my kids' coughs can last a week or 2, so then my trip will be delayed or completely ruined. Even worse, this can happen on the return trip so that I will be stuck at WDW, not knowing when I can come back. One can buy insurance to cover the finances, but the vacation is ruined as a result. Note to self: cannot fly anywhere till airlines no longer have health rules.

What the hell are you trying to say?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom