Don't be surprised to find a Troy, Hannah Montana, etc. at your door on the 31st

cdunbar

Original Poster
Well folks according to all the costume websites the disney costumes are the big sellers this year! If your kid is still looking for a costume folks are recommending Hannah Montana or a Cheetah Girl (w/e that is?) if your a girl or troy from high school musical if your a boy. Hannah Montanas are apparently sold out everywhere so parents are resorting to buying blond wigs, earrings, and an outfit from the mall, I dunno out ya'll but when I was this age I was happy with the cheap 20 buck party store witch costume, whatcha gonna do times they are a changin...:shrug:

bigtotoro

Well folks according to all the costume websites the disney costumes are the big sellers this year! If your kid is still looking for a costume folks are recommending Hannah Montana or a Cheetah Girl (w/e that is?) if your a girl or troy from high school musical if your a boy. Hannah Montanas are apparently sold out everywhere so parents are resorting to buying blond wigs, earrings, and an outfit from the mall, I dunno out ya'll but when I was this age I was happy with the cheap 20 buck party store witch costume, whatcha gonna do times they are a changin...:shrug:

Cd,
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you are old. Any time you preface something with "when I was this age"...it's pretty much a dead giveaway. Sit down, honey, this is not for you anymore. And kids have pretty much always wanted to be the then current "it" thing for Halloween. The times have not changed at all. Hannah Montana is a full blown phenomenon. She would easily be the highest grossing concert tour of the year provided she plays enough dates. This has lead to a whole range of articles about the little rats not be able to get tickets due to...SHOCKED...ticket brokers. And High School Musical was pretty popular as well. I know, it's lame, she's lame...but the thing is, once you're over the age of 25, this stuff isn't aimed at you anymore. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but choke it down. Sit down and have a nice cup of tea.

cdunbar

Original Poster
Well I don't tend to think I'm old at 21 I mean I am in college so most would tend to think I'm still young....:lookaroun

PotteryGal

Cd,
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you are old. Any time you preface something with "when I was this age"...it's pretty much a dead giveaway. Sit down, honey, this is not for you anymore. And kids have pretty much always wanted to be the then current "it" thing for Halloween. The times have not changed at all. Hannah Montana is a full blown phenomenon. She would easily be the highest grossing concert tour of the year provided she plays enough dates. This has lead to a whole range of articles about the little rats not be able to get tickets due to...SHOCKED...ticket brokers. And High School Musical was pretty popular as well. I know, it's lame, she's lame...but the thing is, once you're over the age of 25, this stuff isn't aimed at you anymore. It's a bitter pill to swallow, but choke it down. Sit down and have a nice cup of tea.

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL: Yes, Hannah Montana is a silly show - but Miley Cyrus is a decent role model for my daughter to see on television, as well as making Brittany Spears an example of how to totally mess up your life. :rolleyes:
But seriously, think of some of the shows we watched in the 70's. 'Welcome Back Kotter' was fun to watch, but I wouldn't refer to it as intellectual stimulation. :lol:

bigtotoro

Well I don't tend to think I'm old at 21 I mean I am in college so most would tend to think I'm still young....:lookaroun
Well...I would look at you as young, but pop culture is cannibalizing itself at a record rate. Where 18-25 used to be the target audience, now it's 8-14.

cdunbar

Original Poster
Yes I do agree with the fact that pop culture is cannibalizing itself at an unbelieveable rate, but we also have to look at it from the angle of why is our culture doing this. I tend to think the simple answer to that question is people are tired of the Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears' of the world and once a person starts to actually head down a dangerous path people get tired of it and ignore them because no one wants to see another starlet spend time in an orange jumpsuit or for that matter in another treatment center that really arent offering treatment...

bigtotoro

I think it's really that young kids have access to more spendable income and are less likely to be cynical, and thusly, much easier to market.

DDuckFan130

I for one can't wait to see all the kids at the school I work in dressed up as these characters. It'll be fun :D

I'm 22, and I don't mind any of this at all. I think it's cute :)

WDWKat26

So, if you're only 21, why are you using phrases like, "When I was this age..."?

By the way, i'm 22 and I can remember all of the phenomenon that we went through when it came to Halloween Costumes. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, The costume from Scream...it happens with every generation. Duh.

DDuckFan130

So, if you're only 21, why are you using phrases like, "When I was this age..."?

By the way, i'm 22 and I can remember all of the phenomenon that we went through when it came to Halloween Costumes. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, The costume from Scream...it happens with every generation. Duh.
As if :rolleyes:

:lookaroun

Every time a new Disney cartoon came out "back in the day," that would be the "it" costume of the year. My sister has been Pocahontas, Belle, Esmeralda, and so forth :lol:

BruceWayne

just thought id throw my two cents in....

i dont think hannah montana is dumb. i think its great that there is a show on tv that kids can watch that has a good message show and teaches good lessons show after show, theres no cursing or sexy clothing, and the kids act like kids, not little adults. its rare these days to find a good live action show for kids, hannah montana is great because the adults act like adults, they actually PARENT the kids instead of being their best buddies.

i mean its cheesy as all get out, but her music can be catchy and is much better than 98% of whats out there for tweens/teens. thats why i have no problem with all of the new merch in the park for hsm or hannah, i think why not, its better than the other crap on tv.

cdunbar

Original Poster
Well I mean yes there were costumes that were popular in the 90's like Belle and Pochantos but I mean I guess I was different than most kids, I dunno call me crazy

DDuckFan130

Well I mean yes there were costumes that were popular in the 90's like Belle and Pochantos but I mean I guess I was different than most kids, I dunno call me crazy
"Back in the day" you probably had your obsessions that had people going :rolleyes:

It's a neverending cycle :lol:

My 6th grade girls are OBSESSED with the Jonas Brothers just as I once was with *NSYNC. I understand what they're going through. I think it's fine because they could be into worse things :shrug:

cdunbar

Original Poster
Yes the Jonas Brothers heard about them, my niece is in 9th grade and she thinks they are all and I quote "so totally hot!" I mean I too went through the NSYNC thing and the Britney Spears thing before I realized that there is much better music out there...
I might of been Pochotas one year I think maybe I've just tried to block out most of my childhood memories especially bad fashion moments like the bike shorts that came in all colors and and the t-shirts you wore with them that were suppose to look to big and you put a scrunchie on the side to keep it from going past your knees...alright you were right DDuck they are coming back now...lol:lol:

DDuckFan130

Yes the Jonas Brothers heard about them, my niece is in 9th grade and she thinks they are all and I quote "so totally hot!" I mean I too went through the NSYNC thing and the Britney Spears thing before I realized that there is much better music out there...
I might of been Pochotas one year I think maybe I've just tried to block out most of my childhood memories especially bad fashion moments like the bike shorts that came in all colors and and the t-shirts you wore with them that were suppose to look to big and you put a scrunchie on the side to keep it from going past your knees...alright you were right DDuck they are coming back now...lol:lol:
Ha! :ROFLOL:

Jessie&Buzz

We were ahead of the times here. My daughter (who's 9) was Hannah LAST Halloween. It was one of the easiest costumes. I just had to buy a wig and she wore some of her own clothes.

I love the show. I agree that it's a good one for them. It's much better than some of the cartoons on other channels. I love that Billy Ray actually parents the kids on the show. Yes, he's their "friend" but he's also their parent. Not many shows do that now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom