DONKEY RIPS ON WDW (video)

champdisney

Original Poster
Haven’t seen this posted on here yet. The clip was just released two days ago or so via TikTok and has since gone viral on other social media platforms. This post is not meant to be taken serious in any way. Yet, as the title states. Donkey rips it to Disney...

...and I’m laughing because it’s true!! 🤣

Tom Morrow

I thought it was kind of in poor taste to be honest. It's one thing to make fun of the brand or product, it's another to make light of so many people losing their jobs while kissing up to your own employer (who also laid off a fair amount of people). Also, they're kind of late, just about everyone has been brought back.

JT3000

I thought it was kind of in poor taste to be honest. It's one thing to make fun of the brand or product, it's another to make light of so many people losing their jobs while kissing up to your own employer (who also laid off a fair amount of people). Also, they're kind of late, just about everyone has been brought back.
It's not something he should have said as Donkey, but I don't think he was joking about other people losing their jobs. It sounded personal. People forget there's a lot of Cast Members who are also Team Members and vice versa.

OG Runner

Haven’t seen this posted on here yet. The clip was just released two days ago or so via TikTok and has since gone viral on other social media platforms. This post is not meant to be taken serious in any way. Yet, as the title states. Donkey rips it to Disney...

...and I’m laughing because it’s true!! 🤣

Doesn't look like to many people agree with your view on this one.

champdisney

Original Poster
Not at all. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Exactly. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. No one has to agree with me and I can take that. I just don't understand your reasoning to come forth to announce something that's irrelevant to this discussion.

Is this your attempt to make me feel crumby? 🤔 If so, thats pretty childish on your part especially since you already know everyone is entitled to their opinions.

OG Runner

Exactly. Everyone is entitled to their opinions. No one has to agree with me and I can take that. I just don't understand your reasoning to come forth to announce something that's irrelevant to this discussion.

Is this your attempt to make me feel crumby? 🤔 If so, thats pretty childish on your part especially since you already know everyone is entitled to their opinions.

To quote an old comedian, "Learn to read the room." The content of the video was not funny, especially to those people that actually
lost their jobs during the shut down. It was a very real situation. If you can't understand that then I think you are truly showing us who
is being "pretty childish".

champdisney

Original Poster
To quote an old comedian, "Learn to read the room." The content of the video was not funny, especially to those people that actually
lost their jobs during the shut down. It was a very real situation. If you can't understand that then I think you are truly showing us who
is being "pretty childish".
Perhaps, since you were not there in person to experience it, you found it to be in poor taste. Granted. I wasn't there either. Yet, I know from going to theme parks for the last 30 years that guests love laughing with the characters. Donkey at USF is known for throwing the occasional burn, he's a bit of a PG version of Chucky's Insult Emporium. The man filming the interaction is a Disney Cast Member and laughed throughout the entire exchange.

It's terrible what the brass at Disney did to their Cast Members and this shot was towards them. The guys and gals in charge of TWDC. If you think otherwise and that this was supposed to pour salt into the wounds of Cast Members. I don't think so. Like @JT3000 said, many Team Members were Cast Members and vise-versa. There's absolutely nothing wrong with calling out the head honchos at Disney. The ones keen to protecting their own pockets, rather than helping out Cast Members in their time of need.

Could it be that the performer portraying Donkey was a furloughed CM? Could it be that he has family and friends that were CMs and were heavily impacted? It's highly possible and I tend to believe thats the case. Nobody will let out their frustrations otherwise. I think the performer was outright telling the Cast Member to watch out how Disney treats him and other CMs going forward, as what they did last year was deemed to be unforgivable to the ones that were impacted.

Again, what's funny is the ones with power at Disney getting called out. A big thanks for calling me childish, Mr. 61 year-old determined to make me feel bad over my opposing opinions.

OG Runner

Perhaps, since you were not there in person to experience it, you found it to be in poor taste. Granted. I wasn't there either. Yet, I know from going to theme parks for the last 30 years that guests love laughing with the characters. Donkey at USF is known for throwing the occasional burn, he's a bit of a PG version of Chucky's Insult Emporium. The man filming the interaction is a Disney Cast Member and laughed throughout the entire exchange.

It's terrible what the brass at Disney did to their Cast Members and this shot was towards them. The guys and gals in charge of TWDC. If you think otherwise and that this was supposed to pour salt into the wounds of Cast Members. I don't think so. Like @JT3000 said, many Team Members were Cast Members and vise-versa. There's absolutely nothing wrong with calling out the head honchos at Disney. The ones keen to protecting their own pockets, rather than helping out Cast Members in their time of need.

Could it be that the performer portraying Donkey was a furloughed CM? Could it be that he has family and friends that were CMs and were heavily impacted? It's highly possible and I tend to believe thats the case. Nobody will let out their frustrations otherwise. I think the performer was outright telling the Cast Member to watch out how Disney treats him and other CMs going forward, as what they did last year has deemed to be unforgivable to the ones that were impacted.

Again, what's funny is the ones with power at Disney getting called out. A big thanks for calling me childish, Mr. 61 year-old determined to make me feel bad about my opposing opinions.

Thank you for responding like a 5 years old and confirming my opinions.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Excited The Goldbergs GIF by HULU

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom