Dolphin / Swan television channels

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Soooo.......

I am not going to mince words. The TV channel offerings at WDW Resorts are ridiculous. For the amount we are paying, the selection is extremely limited. It's fun watching the resort channels for a while, but after a day at the parks, maybe not so much.....?

Obviously, people do not come to WDW to watch tv, but it would be nice for there to be a broader range of selections for late-night, early morning, etc.

My specific question is ----does the Swan and the Dolphin have a different/wider selection of tv channels than "Disney" resorts?

If anyone knows, I'd be interested to find out. Thanks in advance. :)

Alice a

I really like their own channel- the 'you will remember' song is insanely catchy, and the 90s video is a fun watch. I sometimes YouTube it and watch at home when I've had a particularly stressful day. So soothing...

slappy magoo

Spend the money on a streaming stick. Or something that will allow you to mirror your phone/tablet/laptop to a TV. For the kids is not even all that necessary, we'll just put on the Disney channel for them. For my wife and I, with my laptop and all the streaming options available to us we might not ever turn on the tv for us.

Kamikaze

Soooo.......

I am not going to mince words. The TV channel offerings at WDW Resorts are ridiculous. For the amount we are paying, the selection is extremely limited. It's fun watching the resort channels for a while, but after a day at the parks, maybe not so much.....?

Obviously, people do not come to WDW to watch tv, but it would be nice for there to be a broader range of selections for late-night, early morning, etc.

My specific question is ----does the Swan and the Dolphin have a different/wider selection of tv channels than "Disney" resorts?

1) Bring FireTV Stick
2) Plug in
3) Change Input on TV
4) Go to Kodi

BuddyThomas

Original Poster
Ahhhhhhhh!!!! I don't know what the hell (heck?) a streaming stick or a fire stick is. I'm just hoping for a good variety of channel choices in my overpriced tv in my wonderful but overpriced hotel

Why should I have to worry about alien technology like seaweed sticks or whatever the hell if I am paying ten gazillion a night for a room?

And even if the room is a hundred bucks a night (LOL), just provide normal cable channels. Or at least on demand - for pay. That seems the most obvious.

If they offered every Disney movie on demand for, say, $2.99 each, they would make a freaking fortune.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Soooo.......

Their cable channels are about the standard package you'd find at most hotels. They also have pay per view movies. (I didn't check out those movie listings when I visited the Swan back in May--I don't spend much time in the room. I'm usually out in the parks.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom