1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollywood, Smoky Mountains National Park and Gatlinburg being evacuated

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by RandomPrincess, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Lucky

Lucky Well-Known Member

I got this e-mail from a hotel I stayed at a couple of years ago...

A Message from Your Friends in Pigeon Forge

We are grateful for your continued outpouring of concern for our residents, our visitors and our city. While the past week has been a trying one, Pigeon Forge and our neighboring cities are committed to sustaining our businesses. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Many of you have kindly asked how you can help. In the words of Gatlinburg Mayor Mike Werner, who lost his home and business in the fire, "If you really want to do something for Gatlinburg, come back and visit us.” Tourism is our lifeblood, and we, like our neighboring city, need your help to sustain our businesses and to ensure folks have jobs. Your visitation makes that possible.

Pigeon Forge businesses were not damaged during the fires; our city’s businesses are operating as usual. Pigeon Forge’s Winterfest festival continues, including Christmas shows at various theaters. Dollywood theme park is open, and restaurants and lodging properties are operating on normal schedules.

Many of you have visited with us year after year, and we consider you a part of our community. Now, more than ever, we need our community to pull together and help our businesses move forward. If you have a reservation, please don’t cancel. Come see us. When you make your spring break plans, come see us. If you want to support and help the city of Pigeon Forge—come see us!

NYwdwfan likes this.
  2. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy Member

So glad to hear they opened the National Park I believe it was Wednesday.