Dole Whips....outside of the parks?

ZambeziZelda

Original Poster
I had been under the assumption that you could only get the sheer delight that is a Pineapple Dole Whip at WDW, DLR, or Hawaii.

Apparently I was wrong.

This is at Playland Amusement Park in Canada. Unfortunately it was closed, I was really curious to see if it was the same...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've never had a Dole Whip, but I have heard their praises sung repeatedly, so I'll try one next trip.

What, may I ask, are Figaro fries?
They are found in the Pinocchio village Hause next to Small World/ They are simply french fries with nacho cheeses sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and ranch dressing. They sound disgusting but they are absolutely incredible.

They are found in the Pinocchio village Hause next to Small World/ They are simply french fries with nacho cheeses sauce, lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and ranch dressing. They sound disgusting but they are absolutely incredible.

Oh, wow...they really do sound disgusting! :lol:

But thanks for the info...

I do like "loaded" fries with melted cheddar and bacon...I just don't get the lettuce and tomoato part!

dandaman

Sorry. I'd still rather go to Florida than Vancouver for a Dole Whip. :lol:

(Though I do want to go out west one of these days...)

imagineer99

They serve dole whips at a local ice cream chain rather close to where I live in Northern Virginia.

I think in time, we'll see more Dole Whips spreading across the country.

lspicknall

They serve dole whips at a local ice cream chain rather close to where I live in Northern Virginia.

I think in time, we'll see more Dole Whips spreading across the country.

I work in Northern Va., could you tell me the name of the chain ? I would love to be abel to get one. Thanks

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
where can you buy a softserve machine at and how expensive are they?
A commercial soft serve machine can easily be $4000-$5000 but a home machine by Cuisinart is less than $100. We got one of these and tried it out this weekend. It worked pretty well. The taste was right but the texture was a little off. I think it blended to long and got a little to much air in it. I will be trying again in the next day or two and as soon as I have the procedure perfected I will post it.

WDW Monorail

where can you buy a softserve machine at and how expensive are they?

This is a fairly popular model made by Cuisinart.($100) http://www.cuisinart.com/catalog/product.php?product_id=434&item_id=529&cat_id=10

Of course there are cheaper models but they tend to be cheaper in quality. I had a cheap Delonghi soft serve machine a while ago. The first time I used it, the motor burned out. One may say that my mix was to thick. This is not the case as I was making French Vanilla custard and it was liquid.

You can also use the regular ice cream makers such as THIS which I own 2 of. The quality is very good and the presentation is the same as long as you serve it right away.

kcnole

I have that exact ice cream maker. Maybe I'll order some of the mix and try it in the ice cream maker first. If I like it, maybe I'll invest in the soft serve machine.

JimboJones123

This is a fairly popular model made by Cuisinart.($100) http://www.cuisinart.com/catalog/product.php?product_id=434&item_id=529&cat_id=10

Of course there are cheaper models but they tend to be cheaper in quality. I had a cheap Delonghi soft serve machine a while ago. The first time I used it, the motor burned out. One may say that my mix was to thick. This is not the case as I was making French Vanilla custard and it was liquid.

You can also use the regular ice cream makers such as THIS which I own 2 of. The quality is very good and the presentation is the same as long as you serve it right away.

from product descrip

• Makes 11⁄2 quarts of frozen dessert in as little as 20 minutes

Why not say 5.5 quarts?

JimboJones123

OH, and why did I just buy 5 lbs of rock salt and 14 lbs of ice for my 5 qt? I gotta get one of these small ones!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom