Dole Whip Recipe

Wannabe Walt

Original Poster
Okay...this isn't an actual Dole Whip, but it is a drink that IMO tastes a LOT like a Dole Whip. I made this myself while trying to figure out a way to make the closest thing to a Dole Whip. I will keep trying, but for now its a drink, like a milk shake. I've never seen a real recipe out there, but if someone has it, please post it! Here is what I came up with:

4 scoops Blue Bunny Vanilla Ice Cream
1/3 cup Cool Whip
1/3 cup Dole Crushed Pineapple
1/3 cup Whipped Heavy Cream (spray can)
½ cup 2% Milk

Blend on Low/Whip for about 5 minutes.
For a Chocolate Dole Whip, use Chocolate Milk and Chocolate Whipped Heavy Cream (spray can).
Add or take away the Pineapple for more or less of the taste.

Glasgow

haha - I don't think so. Just the "home" version. I must admit though - I've never actually had a real dole whip out of Adventureland. It's a must do on my next trip!!

Captain Hank

Wannabe Walt said:
Is coconut rum for sure an ingredient? If so, I'll have mom get some! :lol:
Lol, no. There are a few other recipes for Dole Whip and various other WDW treats courtesy of Tigsmom in the "Recipe?" thread in the trip planning forum.

DisJosh

Is Dole Whip THAT hard to find? All of the ice cream places around here offer it in many different flavors, not just pineapple.

I understand a pineapple float is a treat while in Adventureland. I love them myself. I just never understood why dole whip it self is such a novelty. :confused:

righttrack

DisJosh said:
Is Dole Whip THAT hard to find? All of the ice cream places around here offer it in many different flavors, not just pineapple.

Dole Whip is basically soft-serve pinnapple sorbet. Its commonly available at independent ice cream shops that specialize in soft-serve. It comes in gallon cartons for use in a Taylor Soft-Serve Ice Cream machine. As your local, independant ice cream shop for it. They can get it easily.

tigsmom

DisJosh said:

I understand a pineapple float is a treat while in Adventureland. I love them myself. I just never understood why dole whip it self is such a novelty. :confused:

Its not offered in our area here in NY. I've never seen it anywhere outside of WDW. :wave:

DisJosh

righttrack said:
Dole Whip is basically soft-serve pinnapple sorbet. Its commonly available at independent ice cream shops that specialize in soft-serve. It comes in gallon cartons for use in a Taylor Soft-Serve Ice Cream machine. As your local, independant ice cream shop for it. They can get it easily.

I wasn't asking. :p I was saying it's everywhere here. And it's not only available in pinapple. :)

MissM

righttrack said:
I can assure you that while it may be common in some places, it's not common overall. I have looked all over the Tampa Bay Area and not a single store even heard of such a notion. They all looked at me like I was bonkers. Now, Publix (local supermarket) carries a Publix-brand pineapple sorbet but it's not even remotely on par with a Dole Whip. It's all icey and not at all smooth.

The mix is commercially available - like here for example - but, at least in this area, it's simply a non-existant product.
-m

mikeymouse

The one u want uses heavy cream, milk, vanilla, sugar, and pineapple juice. I made it a few weeks ago and it was FANTASTIC!!! Only thing is ... it didn't form in the ice cream maker. Maybe the bowl wasn't in the freezer long enough. I dunno. Had to put it back in the freezer till it set up. I'm going to make it again soon. It was soooo good. Too bad it isn't soft-serve like in the park. I think they also serve it with a pineapple chunk on a toothpick.

http://www.doombuggyproductions.com/DoleWhip.html

righttrack

For those of you attempting to make this, I'd try the following:

3 Parts Pineapple Juice (no pulp)
1 Part Cool Whip
Beat until smooth and put in an ice cream maker. Follow manufacturers directions.

This is a non-dairy treat. There shouldn't be any milk in the recipe. If I were more daring, I'd suggest stiffly beaten eggwhites and corn syrup as a more authentic substitute for the Cool Whip, but I'm lazy.

tigsmom

There are 2 different Dole Whip recipes in the Recipe thread that was linked earlier. There is a discussion there about how it came out and how the recipe was adjusted to give a more realistic product (a few people made them on the same day). I've never had one at WDW, but we did make them here at home and it is quite good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom