Dogs at DVC

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm sure you will find people who disagree, but I absolutely do not understand why anyone would bring a non-working animal to the parks period. I don't even understand it to the room really when they have to be boarded or left by themselves in a room they don't know at all.

I see this:

If you’re a “parks” person...the dog is in the room 15 hours a day while you go rope drop to “magical” wishes everyday

And beyond that...the temperatures in Florida are often the most or close to the most eXtreme in the US...so poochie just knows it’s more hot than it should be.

Kennels exist for a reason...it’s still an animal with a simpler reality.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Here’s a can worms:

My opinion is it’s kinda cruel to bring non-service dogs to WDW in most cases.

So opinions do vary
I'm sure you will find people who disagree, but I absolutely do not understand why anyone would bring a non-working animal to the parks period. I don't even understand it to the room really when they have to be boarded or left by themselves in a room they don't know at all.
I agree with you all on this and I also agree that we will find people who disagree. To each their own I guess as long as they aren’t harming the dogs and the untrained dogs don’t harm other people. Since I have never heard a story about a dog dropping dead in the MK I assume people just spend shorter periods of time out in the heat and have more breaks at the room or in AC somewhere. Too bad the dogs can’t jump in the pool to cool off like we can :)

EOD K9

Not unrelated.... has anyone else noticed The Orange County cars, parked, top of MK Bus Loop - engines idling?
Those cars contain Security Dogs. They keep 'em running (sometimes hood up), in order to run air conditioning for the poor guys :(.

I keep thinking MK should BUILD a little something, with AIR, for those poor guys :(.
My cruiser has a heat alarm. It has two sensors in the vehicle for a temperature that I set. Once the threshold is met, the sirens wail, the rear windows come down, and the interior fan kicks on. The system is designed to work when the engine kicks off....which it shouldn't. The temp may sometimes read high, but the vehicle is comfortable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom