dog friendly resorts

Rk2k5

Disney World has a boarding facility/daycare for pets.

Has anybody used the Best Friends Pet Care before? I am considering to use the doggy day care this summer for my dog but wanted to hear how other people's experiences have been first.

buckeyegator

Original Poster
Has anybody used the Best Friends Pet Care before? I am considering to use the doggy day care this summer for my dog but wanted to hear how other people's experiences have been first.
we have used it 4 times, overall ok, they do tend to call you over every little thing that they think is wrong with your dog, but i guess that is better than leaving it alone.

tpoly88

I hate that WDW does (or did?) allow dogs in certain rooms. I have a dog and love her to death, but I don’t ever want to stay in a room where some dog may have previously been staying. I don’t care what efforts are taken, that room will never truly be clean. And I also don’t care to walk around areas where dogs have been crapping. Again, I love dogs, but not at a vacation resort.
do they tell you what rooms they allow dogs in or is it any room at the dog friendly resorts. i ask because i love dogs but im very allergic to animals. its why i stopped staying at the disney resorts (besides price) and stay at swan/dolphin.

jaklgreen

do they tell you what rooms they allow dogs in or is it any room at the dog friendly resorts. i ask because i love dogs but im very allergic to animals. its why i stopped staying at the disney resorts (besides price) and stay at swan/dolphin.
They don't tell you if a dog has been in the room previously but I have never asked. Even hotels that don't allow dogs, have service dogs in them. So theoretically, any room that you stay in at any hotel in the Country could have had a dog in it. The best thing to do is to call the hotel ahead of time and let them know about your allergy and have them deep clean the room.

JIMINYCR

It is a better situation than the kennels Disney used to offer guests. We have operated a kennel for over 37 years as our business and know what to look for in quality care. DW left her previous service dog with them one day a couple of years ago when we knew the heat was going to be oppressive at AK. We had the option of interaction with other dogs or individual setting and we chose individual care. She came out happy and in good condition. They offer add on services so you can make the stay as inexpensive or expensive as you want.

JusticeDisney

That’s a good question, but I’m sorry I don’t know the answer to it. I’m pretty sure it’s just in select areas or rooms where they allow dogs but I will defer to anyone with better experience regarding this topic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom