Does the singer in Voyage of the Little Mermaid lipsynch?

KBLovedDisney

When we went to see the show when we went back in April, she wasn't lip syncing...it was bad. Her tone wasn't off but she was off by major song beats and it was very cringe worthy. She kept making each note more breathy and longer lasting than normal.

partydisney365

If you see the show often enough, you can definitely tell the differences in voices. I've had some Ariels (and Belles, for that matter) who were much better than others.

<i>She sings the songs herself. These are very talented members of the college program who major in drama and theatre. A few Broadway performers have started their careers as Ariel. The ladies really do sing. </i>

Not Ariel, but the first Belle, Stephanie J. Block, has worked fairly consistently on the Broadway stage.

Do you know more names of actresses who played Ariel in the early 90s

graphite1326

I wondered the same thing with Festival of the Lion King. A little too perfect. Although they do talk a lot during the show.

That being said, I remember going to a Whitesnake concert (being a former musician myself) could tell they were using tapes for the backup singing. Unless Steve Via can sound like David Coverdale who did all the backup vocals in the album, they definitely used tapes. I just wondered if there was someone at the sound table controlling that or the drummer used a click track to keep the tape and the band in sinc.

heliumalias

I heard a family debating this in the park once.
If the vocals sound the same each time you go it’s because people are doing their job right and as someone previously said, the easiest time to tell that it’s live is when someone is slightly under the weather. Related note: at least 2 Nemos have gone on to perform in Hair on Broadway, one later in the West End too, the other has since appeared on shows such as Pretty Little Liars

ColinDLR

Half of the reason that Finding Nemo at DAK is so impressive and satisfying is because when its compared to the lip syncing in the DHS musicals, its amazing!

piglet21

With the exception of maybe 2-3 times I've watched this show, Ariel has been awful - so I'm guessing she performs live.

jumpinjamie

All the actresses I have seen have been great. I've always wondered how many performers/puppeteers there are in total and how many shows one performer does. There are constant shows so there must be several shifts. Prince Eric has to be a puppeteer for Ursula/Under The Sea because he does nothing. Also is the venue used as rehearsal space for new performers at night/early morning? Where else could they practice with that Ursula puppet? I'm guessing the later shift performers probably do Fantasmic.

bjlc57

i have always thought that the festival of the Lion King.. which has such a deep bass, has to be on tape.. and its one of my favorites and because we both have used scooters. we have been sitting right next to the four main characters.. I mean within inches at times..

awoogala

Hi! My family is in an argument about this! Any answers?
live. I know, because the poor thing was trying last time we were there, and we could barely hear her- but we could hear her (albeit weak and tiny projection) ---technical difficulties. we were in the front row. less than 5 feet from her. weird. (having done musical theater, crazy that they can't project to even the first row enough without the mic, but, also- 5 shows a day, probably 6-7 times a week, understandable that they are saving their 'big voice", or they'd fry it).

TrainsOfDisney

i have always thought that the festival of the Lion King.. which has such a deep bass, has to be on tape.. and its one of my favorites and because we both have used scooters. we have been sitting right next to the four main characters.. I mean within inches at times..

The singers are live, but they are singing to recorded tracks which most likely have vocal tracks in them to fill out the sound. This is extremely common practice in the “live” entertainment industry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom