Does the recent Skyliner accident change your mind about staying at a Skyliner resort?

Still willing to stay at a Skyliner resort?

• Yes

Votes: 125 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 79 30.5%
  • Yes but won’t use the Skyliner.

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Yes but only after the kinks have been worked out.

Votes: 28 10.8%

• Total voters

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I see only one person here making what could be considered "attacks", and it isn't those who are providing relevant safety data on various modes of transportation.

Must have struck a nerve. Pulling things out of thin air to support your nonsense statements is not providing relevant anything.

RaveOnEd

NO,
Every other mode of transportation has problems also. I am looking forward to riding in 27 days. This is the main reason we stayed at AoA for this trip.
We're going back in May, 2020, and one reason we picked AoA as well is because of the Skyliner access to Hollywood Studios and EPCOT, as well as not having stayed there before. But when I mentioned the Skyliner access to my wife and daughter, that was what sold it to them.

It will be easier, faster and a different vantage point of seeing things there than what we've had before.

Rescue Ranger

Chances are I wouldn't stay at a Skyliner resort either way BUT this doesn't affect me. Still I'm looking forward to riding it next year when I visit. Things happen. Nothing was tragic about it nor anything fearful.

Smiley/OCD

Ah, I see your point. Speaking of doors, how do the doors on the gondolas compare to the ones on the monorail? I admit it really freaks me out when I see a kid running around in the monorail and decides to lean on a door... (some parents man)
Just watch that first step...

Chi84

Premium Member
We’re at CBR now and the Skyliner has been the highlight of our trip. No lines, quick and efficient, no long hot wait for buses, cool breeze on the gondolas. Just great!

durangojim

Original Poster
We’re at CBR now and the Skyliner has been the highlight of our trip. No lines, quick and efficient, no long hot wait for buses, cool breeze on the gondolas. Just great!
How long on average has it been taking you to get from epcot to dhs and vice versa? We're going to be there Friday and are debating on taking the skyliner or just walking from epcot to dhs.

ppet

I can't wait for this weekend, we will be checking into the AoA resort and heading directly to DHS. Has the Skyliner been opening on time in the mornings, Is it viable to do for rope drop?

Chi84

Premium Member
How long on average has it been taking you to get from epcot to dhs and vice versa? We're going to be there Friday and are debating on taking the skyliner or just walking from epcot to dhs.
I’m not an expert but I don’t think you can go directly from Epcot to DHS. You may have to go to Caribbean Beach and take another line.

mrs moon

i rode the sky liner a few times last week as my gran daughter loved it, i personally did not...i would be screaming for sure if i were stuck in it!!....and it is hot when the wind is not blowing

olie64

When we road it two weeks ago from Epcot to HS, maybe 15-20 minutes ride (with the views it felt really fast) the change between lines was really quick. We liked is so much we will probably never say at a resort again that is not connected to it.

olie64

I can't wait for this weekend, we will be checking into the AoA resort and heading directly to DHS. Has the Skyliner been opening on time in the mornings, Is it viable to do for rope drop?

for HS probably not cause it still opens at 6 am I think the skyliner starts at 8 maybe? But we where there right after it reopened so the schedule may be different now.

begood524

How is the line at the Hourglass Lake station in the mornings before opening? Someone on Twitter said the line went back to near the Hippy Dippy Pool before it opened

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom