Does the recent Skyliner accident change your mind about staying at a Skyliner resort?

Still willing to stay at a Skyliner resort?

• Yes

Votes: 125 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 79 30.5%
  • Yes but won’t use the Skyliner.

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Yes but only after the kinks have been worked out.

Votes: 28 10.8%

• Total voters

drizgirl

I would be hesitant to ride in the first few days it's open, but look forward to riding in January.

I do feel for the first few days of riders though. Every time it stops, they'll be wondering just how long it will be. And it sure was stopping a lot, even before Saturday night's "incident".

KevinPage

FDDA74E4-35B0-4830-A3FA-6F6D845C3110.png

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
We're interested in BW and CBR for our next trip. No doubt the big rate increases at Skyliner resorts reflect anticipated demand of better transport access. We'd love to use it but if long lines or whatever issue made us decide against using the Skyliner, I wouldn't want to pay the increased rates to stay there. We'd choose somewhere else.

Jon81uk

Im starting to wonder if it is even going to be an issue because it does not look like it is ever going to re-open.

How do you know? I'm sure once Doppellmayer have done their investigation, found the issue, tested it and Disney have informed/trained CMs it will be re-opened.
The monorail crashed and killed the driver and they worked out the faults that caused the accident and put in systems and procedures to prevent it happening again and re-opened.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
How do you know? I'm sure once Doppellmayer have done their investigation, found the issue, tested it and Disney have informed/trained CMs it will be re-opened.
The monorail crashed and killed the driver and they worked out the faults that caused the accident and put in systems and procedures to prevent it happening again and re-opened.
But the monorails are awesome and are not flaming sky ovens ;)

poppin

They'll figure it out. My next trip I don't plan to stay on the skyliner but the one after that one I think there is a good chance that I will. We like to keep a rental car when we travel including at Disney so I am not overly worried about any transportation issue. We stayed on the monorail last time and used the monorail when traveling to MK and Epcot but the rest of the time we used our car. It worked out so nicely. I would love to use the skyliner for HS and Epcot and the rest of the time use our car. Hopefully they can get this working properly.

ninjaprincesst

It just seems like it was a little nothing accident it should have been reopened already. People are making such a big thing out of it.

drizgirl

It just seems like it was a little nothing accident it should have been reopened already. People are making such a big thing out of it.
Well, it would be nice if they figured out what caused it to happen so it doesn't happen again. They've had their "oops". They really need to make sure they don't have a repeat.

Jon81uk

People are making a big thing out of it, but it has also not even been closed a week, a proper investigation will take a few weeks. I would expect it will re-open in a month or three.

ninjaprincesst

People are making a big thing out of it, but it has also not even been closed a week, a proper investigation will take a few weeks. I would expect it will re-open in a month or three.
It sucks for people like me who booked a resort because I hate buses and booked specifically because of the skyliner, now it probably will not be open, I think a month or more is a bit insane, it was not that bad , it should not take that long a proper investigation should not take more than a week.

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

We rode the skyliner Monday and yesterday....they kept it running after the Epcot EME so we rode it back to AoA.

Lines moved quickly and they were not that long last night leaving Epcot. The last Epcot EME we attended the skyliner line was sooooo long....much better now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom