Does the recent Skyliner accident change your mind about staying at a Skyliner resort?

Still willing to stay at a Skyliner resort?

• Yes

Votes: 125 48.3%
  • No

Votes: 79 30.5%
  • Yes but won’t use the Skyliner.

Votes: 27 10.4%
  • Yes but only after the kinks have been worked out.

Votes: 28 10.8%

• Total voters

durangojim

Original Poster
Just wondering if what happened yesterday is going to affect anyone’s plans regarding staying at a Skyliner resort. My family and I were going to stay at the Riviera in January due to the large discount but now we’ll stay at either the BC/YC or Boardwalk. I know that there will be buses available but the big draw was the convenience to EPCOT and DHS. The thought of being stuck on the thing for 3 hours is not appealing at all.

bubbles1812

Psh. They’ll work out whatever needs worked out. I have no qualms, even with yesterday’s excitement, about going in the Skyliner. Seems an overreaction to switch resorts for what is likely to be an aberration in the course of its many runs.

wombat

no change of opinion for me. Rode it opening day and looking forward to using it in December when we stay at Pop.
I agree. For those who are worried about the Skyliner, just because you are staying at the resort, does not mean you have to use the Skyliner.

Bartledvd

I picked no because I have no interest in any of those resorts anyway but if I needed to go to them I would use the cable cars without fear.

DisneyDreamer08

I am hesitant only because I have kids. If a bus breaks down, they can send a new bus. Being stuck in the air for a few hours with my kids makes me nervous. What if it’s too hot, too cold, what if it starts raining/ thundering. What if someone has to use the bathroom. If we stayed at a Skyliner resort, I would still probably use buses.

Jon81uk

I am hesitant only because I have kids. If a bus breaks down, they can send a new bus. Being stuck in the air for a few hours with my kids makes me nervous. What if it’s too hot, too cold, what if it starts raining/ thundering. What if someone has to use the bathroom. If we stayed at a Skyliner resort, I would still probably use buses.

Don't forget to apply all those same thoughts to a monorail breakdown. What if it looses power and you are stuck for over an hour on the monorail with a kid who needs the bathroom and the aircon is off due to the power loss.
The monorail has had a lot of breakdowns recently as well...

DisneyDreamer08

Don't forget to apply all those same thoughts to a monorail breakdown. What if it looses power and you are stuck for over an hour on the monorail with a kid who needs the bathroom and the aircon is off due to the power loss.
The monorail has had a lot of breakdowns recently as well...

We have never stayed at a monorail resort and most likely never will. Way out of our price range. We’ve only been on the monorail once- we did a holiday tour of MK resorts back in 2014. So you’re right, I didn’t even think to consider monorails because it’s a non issue for us. At least now, I suppose we could win the lottery some day :cool:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I probably won't use it, unless time proves it to be more reliable than what we've seen so far. For now, it's already in the same category as the Monorail to me.

Weather_Lady

I might feel differently if anyone had been hurt in the recent accident, but the recent accident doesn't erode my enthusiasm to try out the Skyliner sometime, if and when we're staying (or going) somewhere for which it is convenient.

stratman50th

I wish there was another option in the poll-"I had no plans to stay at one of the Skyliner resorts at all before this incident" lol.
Yup...
I also never planned on staying in any of those resorts. I had no plans to ride the gondola either (I like AC and I'm not afraid to admit it). I look at any and all Disney transportation as just that, transportation. No different than the bus. The novelty of riding the monorail wore off about 20 years ago. Just another form of transportation.

Sans Souci

If I ever stay at one the resorts it services, I would. I look at it this way: I fly to MCO and most, if not all, models of commercial aircraft in use have a crash in its history. Despite that, it's still a very safe mode of transport. There are lessons learned and this recent accident will be no different.

PolynesianPrincess

You take a chance of getting stuck on every single ride you board at Walt Disney World. Also with the monorail. There is nothing at WDW that isn't immune to getting stuck. Not even the buses (accidents?) are 100% guaranteed to give you a ride where you couldn't possibly be involved in a situation where something could happen and you're left stranded.

Dad 2 M & M

We are staying at AoA next week, and WILL change to another Resort if the Skyliner is NOT operating. We have no issues with riding it again.
I can tell you last Tuesday, after EME at Epcot, the line was tremendous!! We saw the line, and immediately headed to bus, only to discover we were sharing with Pop Century! We've had that happen in the past, and the shared busing with Pop is becoming more frequent.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom