Does seeing a Disney character bring you to tears?

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
This is what makes the DISNEY Parks so special. Disney stands out from any other park in the world because of their characters ( and much more of course).:D

You are so right ... my original post, was to remember my Dad, many years later, his jokes about my love for Pluto, ring in my ears. I see Pluto, and bang, there go the water works LOL What got me, was how people found it necessary to just reply "no" to my post. I guess Disney characters affect us in different ways, MOST in a positive vein :wave:

Drbob31

What beautiful memories you have of your dad... I think it's sweet that you cry. I don't, but my wife did get a little misty eyed when she saw Cinderalla. It wasn't a sadness cry, though...

The Empress Lilly

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big fan of meet-n-greets myself, but I'm hoping you have some evidence to back up the notion that this person is a "Disney stooge". That's a pretty serious accusation, and one, I'm sure, that many character-loving folks on this forum would take offense to.
Calling that member a Disney stooge is the nice explanation. He/she was banned after it emerged s/he used pictures of random people as her 'fun Disney family'.

Nobody here looks weird at character-looking folks - last trip, I ran up to Donald to get a hug. And I'm the wrong side of forty.

epcotisbest

You are so right ... my original post, was to remember my Dad, many years later, his jokes about my love for Pluto, ring in my ears. I see Pluto, and bang, there go the water works LOL What got me, was how people found it necessary to just reply "no" to my post. I guess Disney characters affect us in different ways, MOST in a positive vein :wave:

I'm the only person to just reply "no" to your post.
My best friend's daughter and his family were guests of Give Kids The World after his only daughter was diagnosed with cancer several years ago. When I see her beautiful smile, now in remission, that brings tears to my eye.
Did not feel I owed you an explanation for my reply, but apparently you did. I apologize if my original reply to your post was not positive enough for you, or I did not fit in with MOST of the positive posts.

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
I'm the only person to just reply "no" to your post.
My best friend's daughter and his family were guests of Give Kids The World after his only daughter was diagnosed with cancer several years ago. When I see her beautiful smile, now in remission, that brings tears to my eye.
Did not feel I owed you an explanation for my reply, but apparently you did. I apologize if my original reply to your post was not positive enough for you, or I did not fit in with MOST of the positive posts.

no apologies needed, I just was curious, so its all good :wave:

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Calling that member a Disney stooge is the nice explanation. He/she was banned after it emerged s/he used pictures of random people as her 'fun Disney family'.

Nobody here looks weird at character-looking folks - last trip, I ran up to Donald to get a hug. And I'm the wrong side of forty.
Touche, salesman. Maybe Big Brother-mouse is watching... :lookaroun
Personally, I'll chalk it up to an insanely overzealous fan, but I wouldn't put money on it.

I am in my early 30s and I freak out every single time that I see Mary Poppins in the parks. I literally yell out to my friends and rush to meet her. I have been known to shed a tear or two after our encounter. (I am pretty emotional so WDW always has me carrying my tissues cause it makes me so happy.)
In October of last year, I took my 20 mo. old niece for her first trip and I cried during her first character encounter. She loved Stitch of all characters. I was afraid he may scare her but she loved him. Now I rush to meet him when I am in the parks and he is so sweet.
I wish I was chatting with Mary and Stitch today.

OK, I admit it, I get literally stupified when I see Pluto. EVERY visit to Disney, I see Pluto and the water works start! (Not to mention me collecting Pluto memorabilia!) I guess it's memories of my childhood, and remembering my Dad, teasing me about an 8 foot dog, that hopefully doesn't shed and is house trained! Is there any character you see, and it automatically fills your heart and stirs your emotions? :wave:

When Mickey appears on top of mountian during fantasmic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom