Does SeaWorld Orlando have room for future expansion?

TheCityBeautiful3821

Original Poster
I am curious if SWO were to continue to expand its Florida park in the near future with new shows, attractions, rides, etc do they have the space to do it or will they have to replace an attraction in the current property they have?

NiarrNDisney

Well from just looking on Google maps they are pretty surrounded on all sides by I-4, Housing and resorts but I'm sure if they wanted to there is small plots in and around them that they could build on, they could build a parking garage and build on the existing lots. Otherwise they would have to do what Universal did and find a property elsewhere to use for future development.

lazyboy97o

I hope they do a hotel one day, I can only imagine the possibilities! Underwater suites and what not =)
They have toyed with the idea of hotels at SeaWorld Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa on and off for years.

It’s kind of a shame they are building their new corporate headquarters right there at SeaWorld Orlando. While the site is separated from the guest area by a good bit of back of house facilities that is still a chunk of real estate right there at the park.

aladdin2007

Don't have an answer for that. All I know is that corporate came into the park and pulled together managers from several different areas and asked questions about how this would impact various departments. Wild Arctic has a very large footprint in the park to only house a really bad simulator ride, a gift shop, and exhibits for belugas, walruses, and seals and roller coasters get paying customers into the park. I suppose they could still work in animal exhibits and a new roller coaster (like Manta), but all I know for sure is what I described above.

wild arctic could use a redo if anything, since the polar bears were removed there is really nothing in there to see. All we saw was one lonely walrus and a beluga, was pretty sad. It would probably be best for this area to just have new development. But I would hope more than just another roller coaster. I like to see new animal exhibits but they seem to be getting away from that more and more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom